You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AnEvilJoke

Smurfing, how many do it?

57 comments in this topic

Players
1,481 posts
5,743 battles

I'am just curious if purpleZ smurf or not. Had a game a few minutes ago where an 11 days old account with a total of 78 battles (at this very moment) dodges shells like he has played 10k+ games and before I cry hacker even louder I'll ask first if smufing is a thing in WoWs. :cap_hmm:

Players
617 posts
7,301 battles
7 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

I'am just curious if purpleZ smurf or not. Had a game a few minutes ago where an 11 days old account with a total of 78 battles (at this very moment) dodges shells like he has played 10k+ games and before I cry hacker even louder I'll ask first if smufing is a thing in WoWs.

What the hell is smurfing?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,321 posts
13,604 battles

Smurfing??? :Smile_amazed:

smurf-1.jpg.bf441243f1710eac2d7d3ef92d78dd50.jpg

Ehh, or do you mean something like a player, who has opened a 2nd account to statpad a bit?:cap_hmm: Because then YES, that would be a thing (not my thing, but I know some who did).:Smile_Default:

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,983 posts
4,971 battles

Of course it is, rerolling is the oldest stat padding technique.

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,554 posts
5,519 battles

Not really applicable in Wows, since there's not any form of skill based MM. So creating a new account wouldn't put you against newbies anyway.

You do get rerolls- people that make a new account so they can have the best looking stats, and you do get seal clubbers - people that only ever play low tiers so they mostly meet new players. You wouldnt need to make a new account to do this though

• Cool 1

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

Never understood rerolling. So much time and money to invest. ...

But yes, it happens, especially since some people want to join top clans. 

• Cool 2

[CSN]
Players
311 posts
2,770 battles

Not me, still playing the same acc. Making new i would need to level my acc, captains, get new flags and grind again for some ships.

And for what ? for little bit more purple stats ? Nah, iam good

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,754 posts
4,631 battles

Even though rerolling is a thing, I think it's more likely that the OP got outplayed by a new player. I've seen players with 10k battles perform worse than bots (and I'm not referring to the WG ones) so using battle count as an indicator of quality is downright silly.

The mention of hacking also makes "mad because bad" come to mind...

• Funny 3

[CATS]
Players
13,685 posts
10,389 battles
1 minute ago, Mandalorianer said:

In the past it was called "Twinking", basicly rerolling accounts/charakters. But since "Twink" is now used by other people...it's called smurfing

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=twink

Twinking always had a double meaning. That is not new. Guess were the term Twinking came from...

And yes, people make new accounts for stat padding. That is old news too. 

Players
3,455 posts
7,229 battles
8 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

You do get rerolls- people that make a new account so they can have the best looking stats, and you do get seal clubbers - people that only ever play low tiers so they mostly meet new players. You wouldnt need to make a new account to do this though

I have an alt account that I use for training purposes, i.e. go back to lower tiers and relearn things.

[ADRIA]
Players
205 posts
9,585 battles

Never heard anyone used "smurf acc" outside CS:GO :Smile_teethhappy: But yeah, there are Re-roll acc. in WoWs, commonly used by stat padders and seal clubbers. 

Players
2,667 posts
14,739 battles

why would anyone smurf in wows ?

since theres no skilldependant MM smurfing is effectively wasting your time 

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

You cant insult my stats if you dont see them.

Hence no need for reroll. MUHAHAHA

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Angry 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles

There are people rerolling their accounts, but I'd say it's not particularly widespread :cap_yes:Most low tier sealclubbers have plenty of games played on their accounts

Beta Tester
1,814 posts
2,036 battles
4 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

I have an alt account that I use for training purposes, i.e. go back to lower tiers and relearn things.

Forgive an honest question, but why can't you just play some lower tier battles on your old account?

[ONE2]
Players
2,321 posts
13,604 battles
Just now, Boris_MNE said:

You cant insult my stats if you dont see them.

Hence no need for reroll. MUHAHAHA

Oh you evil thing... :Smile_ohmy:

evil.jpg.f4a3e383d0e98c1cdca61a804cb69d3f.jpg

• Funny 1

Players
617 posts
7,301 battles
1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Ehh, or do you mean something like a player, who has opened a 2nd account to statpad a bit?:cap_hmm: Because then YES, that would be a thing (not my thing, but I know some who did).:Smile_Default:

I should finally learn slang and abbreviations of, lets say, younger generation. I have had a lot of situations, when somebody says something do me in chat and I literally have no idea what they are saying - if the try do insult me, compliment me, or just make smalltalk.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,321 posts
13,604 battles
24 minutes ago, mariouus said:

I should finally learn slang and abbreviations o, lets say, younger generation. I have had a lot of situation when somebody says something do me in chat and I literally have no idea what they say - if the try do insult me, compliment me, or just make smalltalk.

Yupp, I know the feeling. Typically I just don't respond, until I figure out what the heck it was all about and by then it is usually too late anyways. You know, old age and quick reflexes don't always mix well. Though I am naturally exquisitely well preserved myself. Hehehe!:cap_old:

old.jpg.476b78e27f9c1ec9fb50d42150499add.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
3,455 posts
7,229 battles
1 hour ago, Procrastes said:

Forgive an honest question, but why can't you just play some lower tier battles on your old account?

That's a good question and the honest answer is that I set it up about 2 years ago and don't remember why.

I think mainly it was because I wanted to experiament with tactics and didn't want to risk spoiling some already mediocre stats, I also wanted to see what I could do starting from fresh and not making the horrendous mistakes from my first play through.  I think it also imposed a bit of dicipline on me, rather than playing the odd low tier battle here and there in different ships I forced myself to play a decent number of games at each tier before I moved on even if I got through the XP grind in a few games.

I think I came back a far better player so for me it worked.

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
652 posts
2,712 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Most low tier sealclubbers have plenty of games played on their accounts

It's not proper seal clubbing if you don't have a 19 pt captain :cap_tea:

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles

I was accused of it three weeks ago, even though I had this same account for years. 

[AS13]
Players
1,195 posts
1,575 battles

I sort of re-rolled my account, shared the previous one with my son.
I played the Brits and the Yanks (BBs), he played Ze Zjermans, Russskys and Frensh (mostly DDs).

Mainly he played but I thouigh he was too young to play alone (as you never know what idiots you get).

Now he's 13 and I have started my own account and we play together.

And it's not like I'm stat padding, I still suck. Lots.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
7,080 battles
3 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

I'am just curious if purpleZ smurf or not. Had a game a few minutes ago where an 11 days old account with a total of 78 battles (at this very moment) dodges shells like he has played 10k+ games and before I cry hacker even louder I'll ask first if smufing is a thing in WoWs. :cap_hmm:

Well he could've played 10k+ battles on the US server and descided to open a new account on EU like all the big streamers have mutiple accounts for the different servers. :cap_hmm:

I only heard "smurfing" last time in a WoT context. In WoWS we use the word "reroll" for that...

3 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

Not really applicable in Wows, since there's not any form of skill based MM. So creating a new account wouldn't put you against newbies anyway.

Well actualy they would.

Untill you reach Tier V or a certain account level (I think it was 11) MM would only put you with/against complete Newbs (like you prentend  to be with a reroll) or bots.

Try it out and make one. You would be surprised about the Numbers in queue even in prime hours and the bots that will appear in the game even though you are playing randoms and not coop.

I got confused by that myself when starting a new account on NA. (that Newb protection wasn't a thing back in CAT/CBT - we just got thrown into the cold water)

2 hours ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

Not exactly rerolling or smurfing in that sense but I do enjoy being purple with my NA account :>

This.