Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty

HMS THUNDERER - TIER 9

40 comments in this topic

Players
128 posts
2,822 battles

Hi Guys/Girls/Shipmates

Little White Mouse has done her usual great job on this review, please read carefully all the way to the end and give me your thoughts, I found it very interesting and informative and as usual she is bang on the money.

http://shipcomrade.com/news/422/a-big-fat-457mm-waste-of-everyones-time.html

Enjoy :Smile_great:

SKWK

• Funny 3
  • Boring 3

[DREAD]
Players
4,566 posts
4,788 battles

Read it before :-)

Very important to read to the end - I was pretty triggered half way through 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Players
5,861 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty sagte:

Little White Mouse has done her usual great job on this review, please read carefully all the way to the end and give me your thoughts, I found it very interesting and informative and as usual she is bang on the money.

you are aware that it is already two months old?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

And you scream that my jokes are stupid. I assure you some ppl move standards so far down.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
128 posts
2,822 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

you are aware that it is already two months old?

Yes I know but seeing as I could find no reference here, I thought I'd share out of interest. :fish_palm:

• Angry 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,974 posts
4,959 battles
22 minutes ago, Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty said:

Hi Guys/Girls/Shipmates

http://shipcomrade.com/news/422/a-big-fat-457mm-waste-of-everyones-time.html

Enjoy :Smile_great:

SKWK

LEarn to have your own conclusions?

[SCRUB]
Players
6,915 posts
9,129 battles

*sigh*

Why drag out an old bait from the grave?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles
43 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

And you scream that my jokes are stupid. I assure you some ppl move standards so far down.

RAGE_BORIS.png.f2e4ed722da2a4fa0b67f43123eeafb3.png

• Funny 1

Players
128 posts
2,822 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

*sigh*

Why drag out an old bait from the grave?

Jeez, I read something interesting, can't find a mention of it anywhere on here (I did search) and even though its a bit old, I thought there might be a bit of interest from the forum and discussion on current HE mid/high tier British BB's.

The old saying is quite true, if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles
3 minutes ago, pra3y said:

RAGE_BORIS.png.f2e4ed722da2a4fa0b67f43123eeafb3.png

You are going so seal me MY seal?

See? Standards are really fucked up :D ahaha

• Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Players
6,915 posts
9,129 battles
12 minutes ago, Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty said:

Jeez, I read something interesting, can't find a mention of it anywhere on here (I did search) and even though its a bit old, I thought there might be a bit of interest from the forum and discussion on current HE mid/high tier British BB's.

The old saying is quite true, if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all. :Smile_sad:

Yeah, let's just drag out an old hoax then, that's surely going to do well in getting a discussion on.

And I'm sure you only had the most factually based on discussion in mind, which is why you made it abundantly clear that the "review" you're linking to is entirely fictitious ... oh wait, you didn't.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles
5 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

You are going so seal me MY seal?

See? Standards are really fucked up :D ahaha

Why not

Related image

• Funny 1

Players
128 posts
2,822 battles
20 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Yeah, let's just drag out an old hoax then, that's surely going to do well in getting a discussion on.

And I'm sure you only had the most factually based on discussion in mind, which is why you made it abundantly clear that the "review" you're linking to is entirely fictitious ... oh wait, you didn't.

I didn't make a point of saying it was fictitious on purpose, I did say read carefully to the end - "Obviously you didn't read my paragraph all the way through"

And there's nothing wrong in me putting an old review (fictitious or not) on here to generate a bit of discussion on whatever subject it is, please stop nit picking mate :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
6,915 posts
9,129 battles
2 hours ago, Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty said:

I didn't make a point of saying it was fictitious on purpose, I did say read carefully to the end - "Obviously you didn't read my paragraph all the way through"

And there's nothing wrong in me putting an old review (fictitious or not) on here to generate a bit of discussion on whatever subject it is, please stop nit picking mate :Smile_sceptic:

Oh yes, you deliberately made the hint as vague as possible, I very do know what you did there.

And yes, if someone digs up a bloody hoax, I'm gonna nitpick. Deal with it!

Players
128 posts
2,822 battles
24 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Oh yes, you deliberately made the hint as vague as possible, I very do know what you did there.

And yes, if someone digs up a bloody hoax, I'm gonna nitpick. Deal with it!

Yes its a bloody hoax, yes its a bit old (but still not put on this forum before, so perhaps there are a few people out here, who might enjoy the read and it might generate a bit of discussion) I really can't see why you are getting so bent out of shape over it? 

If you don't like it "Walk on by" but leave over going on as if I am clubbing baby seals, its a light hearted post, Deal with it :Smile_honoring:

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles

Have to admit, I started to work up steam while reading, only blowing some of it at the end. Got me good, but it's still pretty infuriating that she makes very good points about RNBB HE spam.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
6,915 posts
9,129 battles
17 minutes ago, Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty said:

Yes its a bloody hoax, yes its a bit old (but still not put on this forum before, so perhaps there are a few people out here, who might enjoy the read and it might generate a bit of discussion) I really can't see why you are getting so bent out of shape over it?

Because you're spreading misinformation, pretty simple.

If you wanted to have a genuine discussion the least you could do was make it blatantly obvious what that "review" is and then start the discussion by pointing out what of the content you think would be worthy discussing about despite it being a hoax.

But you didn't. You put it into the room with just the barest of plausible deniability and that's it. No discussion to be had so far, just misinformation.

If anything I'm giving you exactly what you wanted, my thoughts on this matter. Not my bloody problem that you don't like want I'm saying!

• Boring 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,013 posts

Come on @Aotearas, give the guy a break.

Yes it's a hoax. Yes it's old. Yes, it has been posted on the EU forums before (I've seen it and I don't follow US forums or Shipcomrade).

But he clearly didn't know that, and he tried the search function, but couldn't find it (whether that's his mistake or the search function's, I'm not judging. Can't be bothered to test the search myself really).

I agree he shouldn't have posted it, but come on, the guy made a mistake and said he just wanted to share something he thought was interesting.

Just smile at his ignorance for noticing it only 2 months late and move along.

At the very least you have to admit it's worthy of praise he used the search function. That is just too rare around here.

• Cool 2

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
4 hours ago, Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty said:

Yes I know but seeing as I could find no reference here, I thought I'd share out of interest. :fish_palm:

Someone posted it in the thread for news from around the world and got downvoted to oblivion for it. 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
6,915 posts
9,129 battles
Just now, Bellegar said:

Come on @Aotearas, give the guy a break.

Yes it's a hoax. Yes it's old. Yes, it has been posted on the EU forums before (I've seen it and I don't follow US forums or Shipcomrade).

But he clearly didn't know that, and he tried the search function, but couldn't find it (whether that's his mistake or the search function's, I'm not judging. Can't be bothered to test the search myself really).

I agree he shouldn't have posted it, but come on, the guy made a mistake and said he just wanted to share something he thought was interesting.

Just smile at his ignorance for noticing it only 2 months late and move along.

At the very least you have to admit it's worthy of praise he used the search function. That is just too rare around here.

I can give him a break for not having known it was already a dead horse.

I won't give him a break for willingly spreading a hoax for what apparently looks like "for teh lulz" because I'm certainly not seeing any discussion so far, just a clickbait.

Players
128 posts
2,822 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

Someone posted it in the thread for news from around the world and got downvoted to oblivion for it. 

Thanks I can see why, as mentioned I did do a search "HMS THUNDERER", seems like some cant leave it as we've seen it before and seem to think I have committed some sort of crime.

The discussion bit never seems to have materialised, perhaps due to the incessant posts on my "hoax"

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,013 posts
7 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

I think that was because that was the second posting of it as well.

Somehow I remember reading it in a separate thread. I'm not sure about the title though. it might have been "newest review of LWM" or something that won't show in the search.

7 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I can give him a break for not having known it was already a dead horse.

I won't give him a break for willingly spreading a hoax for what apparently looks like "for teh lulz" because I'm certainly not seeing any discussion so far, just a clickbait.

First point: good :Smile_honoring:

Second point: I think you exaggerate slightly (but that's just my opinion though!)

Overall: I disagree slightly, but fair enough :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
6,915 posts
9,129 battles
32 minutes ago, Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty said:

The discussion bit never seems to have materialised, perhaps due to the incessant posts on my "hoax"

You're free to start it yourself if you want it ...

Players
128 posts
2,822 battles
4 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

You're free to start it yourself if you want it ...

Really, thank you for your permission, next time I want to post I'll pm you my idea's and get you to go over them for me, I'd be grateful for spelling mistakes, grammar or hoax's to be pointed out to me in advance, rather than embarrassing myself here on the forum. :Smile-_tongue:

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles

If you want an opinion on HE cancer British BB btw, all I say is that it was a terrible idea and it taught too many people to spam HE even in ships where it's just outright stupid. German BBs for example have pathetic HE, yet you see people try to play it HE focused. I already saw people bragging about playing HE Montana and I cry everytime I see incoming HE Yamato shells. I know, for many lines, HE can be a tactical choice that is valid, but basically, it comes down to 3 things, imo:

• Is the target an immediate threat to you? If you are in a brawl against an angled Tirpitz and cannot overmatch it and it's rushing you, I'd say, it has top priority to die and firing HE is a valid choice. If it's just some angled BB 12 km out that isn't firing at you or threatening someone important, just look for a better target for AP.
  • Is the target to be focus fired? Maybe there's some enemy BB that just ate a torp and now is without damage control. It is bow on and hey, a fire would stick nicely. But frankly, leave the job to cruisers. There's a ton of HE spamming cruisers to do the job better, typically as a BB you are better off looking for a better target.
  • Is your HE effective? Frankly, most HE is laughably ineffective. In KM BBs I never bother with HE, either going for a different target or jst aiming for superstructure. That is aided by the secondaries, which allow setting fires (and are better at it) to ships that rush me and are a threat. The main battery HE is so bad, keeping AP loaded and just keeping the threat of AP up to deny the enemy broadsiding (or punish them for doing so) is far more valuable and an angled standoff in secondary range you are likely going to win, unless the enemy is a secondary focused ship too. Meanwhile on ships like the IJN BBs, the HE has actually good alpha damage and loading HE to slap some bow camping French is not a bad idea (unless you can just overmatch). Usually never is it a good idea to only use HE as a BB (even in ships like KGV, DoY and Ishizuchi, which have arguably bad AP for their tier, occasional AP salvos are better and they all have good reload to allow for switching ammo).

By themselves, HE British are just kind of lazy and imo a bit boring, but not OP. As a BB, they can be frustrating (god, I hate Conqueror as an FdG), but as a cruiser, they really aren't that scary. Yes, they can do damage, may set fires, occasionally knock out the engine or rudder (or both), but it still lets you live longer than if it had been AP that straight out deletes you. Though, one has to note, some have such silly blast radius, that even misses knock out your engine, which is annoying as hell.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this