Sign in to follow this  
Zlaraki

First impressions Yamato legendary upgrade?

16 comments in this topic

[_WOTS]
Players
96 posts
2,490 battles

Im currently still grinding out mine and I was curious how good it is. So whats your first impression so far? Do you feel any difference? And is it true that its nerfed from that they initialy wanted to release?

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,790 posts
6,434 battles

It's monstruous. You lose a bit of turret rotation and a bit of DPM compared to the standard Main Battery Reload module, but the gain in accuracy makes it absolutely bonkers. Yamato becomes as accurate as a cruiser, cumulating impressive horizontal dispersion and very high sigma.

I'm still in the process of grinding it, but I've seen what it can do.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,379 battles
1 hour ago, ShinGetsu said:

You lose a bit of turret rotation

Keep in mind Yamato gets it buffed next patch.

With the special module mounted turn time will be:

• Base - 74.1s
  • Expert Marksman - 60.1s
  • Yamamotos EM - 55.6s

Players
23 posts

Just now i feel the Yamato is a crap ship...burn up very easy and cant get high damage as before:( She have no chance ah´gainst the french BB:s in their tier X. This ship was good ounce.....

• Bad 2

[SCRUB]
Players
476 posts
12,524 battles
2 hours ago, HawkEyes__ said:

Just now i feel the Yamato is a crap ship...burn up very easy and cant get high damage as before:( She have no chance ah´gainst the french BB:s in their tier X. This ship was good ounce.....

Dude, the ship is very good to be honest.  Haven't had problems with her, even though she is the slowest and most cumbersome of tier x bbs.  Maybe check  your captain skills or game strategy?

[_WOTS]
Players
96 posts
2,490 battles

My first impression was good, but not too much of a difference. I certainly recommended to equip this mod tho.

I bought conqueror and I must say that yammato is indeed a joke compared to that ship. Im dodging torps all day and disengaging with not much difficulty and on top of that I deal consistent dmg. HE is the way to go atm. Every BB who thinks they can just charge in or remotely get close, he will just be burned to death within a minute by other cruisers as well. Yamato also overpens cruisers like there is no tomorrow. Having said all this, I must say that Yamato is not the worst BB out there, Kurfurst takes this and its not even close. Kurfurst cant snipe because of your bad accuracy but you cant charge in either nowadays with so many HE spammers leaving you with little options. Ive done a bit of research on how to play Kurfurst but even the most expierenced players and top clans dont use the ship. I heard only positive things about Motana and I dont know much about the French three line. These are my observations so far.

• Bad 1

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles
7 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

My first impression was good, but not too much of a difference. I certainly recommended to equip this mod tho.

I bought conqueror and I must say that yammato is indeed a joke compared to that ship. Im dodging torps all day and disengaging with not much difficulty and on top of that I deal consistent dmg. HE is the way to go atm. Every BB who thinks they can just charge in or remotely get close, he will just be burned to death within a minute by other cruisers as well. Yamato also overpens cruisers like there is no tomorrow. Having said all this, I must say that Yamato is not the worst BB out there, Kurfurst takes this and its not even close. Kurfurst cant snipe because of your bad accuracy but you cant charge in either nowadays with so many HE spammers leaving you with little options. Ive done a bit of research on how to play Kurfurst but even the most expierenced players and top clans dont use the ship. I heard only positive things about Motana and I dont know much about the French three line. These are my observations so far.

Your observations seem a bit off. True that the Conqueror burns other BB's without much difficulties and it is less cumbersome than the Yamato. But a Yamato is still a powerhouse if positioned correctly. And if the Yamato overpens cruisers lots of times, well every other BB does the same. It is all about aiming.

As for the Kurfurst, it has the most well rounded armor profile at tier 10, it is most resistant to HE due to 50 mm plating almost everywhere, it has built in IFHE secondaries, the guns are derpy at range but great up close and it has Hydro.

Only reason the Kurfurst is not a top pick (but still picked mind you) is because the Montana is a bit less bulky and posses better guns with the accuracy module. But in randoms Kurfurst is most certianly not a bad ship.

• Cool 2

[UTW]
7,790 posts
6,434 battles

GK with legendary module is now quite good in random battle too.

But overall, GK is still the weakest tier 10 Battleship. the main battery is unreliable and being forced to play with the secondaries is a huge downside, as you are forced to play agressive even if the reds are camping.

Yamato on the other hand requires good positioning no matter what, but it's still a reliable force, especially with the legendary module. République-Montana-Yamato are well balanced between each other.

As for Conqueror, it's an annoying ship to fight against, but that's about it... bad AP means it really lack punch, even with insane HE.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,822 battles
On 31. 7. 2018 at 2:36 AM, Zlaraki said:

Having said all this, I must say that Yamato is not the worst BB out there, Kurfurst takes this and its not even close. 

Kurfurst is a bloody force of nature.
It is beyond me how can you call that ship weak.
image.thumb.png.71b1705132936aefe05f68b20bbdc3c2.png

• Cool 1

[_WOTS]
Players
96 posts
2,490 battles
On 1-8-2018 at 12:49 PM, Blixies said:

Kurfurst is a bloody force of nature.
It is beyond me how can you call that ship weak.
image.thumb.png.71b1705132936aefe05f68b20bbdc3c2.png

Teach me senpai because they all use me as a punchingbag to farm exp. I don t think the meta suits kungfurst playstyle. Any BB that attempts to charge in early, they get burned down to death in every single game I play. So what do you do? You play passive and snipe a lil until a gap is presented? Other BB excel much better at this. 

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,822 battles
On 3. 8. 2018 at 2:56 PM, Zlaraki said:

You play passive and snipe a lil until a gap is presented?

Yes, meanwhile rain down the 420/406 shells on everything you can.

On 3. 8. 2018 at 2:56 PM, Zlaraki said:

Other BB excel much better at this. 

Not really (in my experience). The Kurfurst is by far the tankiest of them all - if you dont present too much broadside.

[BGNAV]
Players
106 posts
4,918 battles
On 8/3/2018 at 3:56 PM, Zlaraki said:

Teach me senpai because they all use me as a punchingbag to farm exp. I don t think the meta suits kungfurst playstyle. Any BB that attempts to charge in early, they get burned down to death in every single game I play. So what do you do? You play passive and snipe a lil until a gap is presented? Other BB excel much better at this. 

You are correct. GK has always been a punching bag, but with the HE spam that happens lately, this is more common than ever. For me the key is to get close to cover and fight 1-2 enemies at most. If you get focused, your HP pool will not help you much. Don't show broadside to fire the back guns. When it's time to push, you can multitask by firing the front guns at one enemy, the back ones at another and the secondaries at one of them or a third enemy (though facing 3 enemies at once will likely result in your untimely demise). 

Now regarding the actual topic - I finally got the upgrade yesterday. My first impressions are good but not overwhelming. The dispersion does get better (almost cruiser-like) which is great. You will still get the occasional "WTF just happened?!" salvo where your shells will fly off all over the place, like fireworks on the 4th of July in USA. The turret traverse is slower, but not too noticeable. The grind is definitely worth it though. 

My only gripe with Yamato is not addressed by this upgrade though - due to the "sweet spot" under the 1st turret, using the back one is not always possible. But in the same time, the back turret is the only one that works well and consistently fires accurate. The front ones are a bit hit-and-miss, even with the legendary upgrade. Please don't get me wrong - Yamato's dispersion is very far from the shotgun spread that Conqueror (smaller guns) and GK have, but due to the oddly-shaped citadel in the front she needs to stay at mid to long range most of the time.

[TTTP2]
Players
338 posts
19,599 battles

You loose turret rotation but WG recently buffed the base turret rotation . So in fact you are playing in old Yamato turret rotation but with super great dispersion :cat_cool:

• Funny 1

[UTW]
7,790 posts
6,434 battles

Yes it is, those upgrades are here to stay and be permanently available.

As for how to keep them, easy : just play the concerned ship. A "personal mission" will pop, and the 6th part will reward you the upgrade for the ship.

[UTW]
7,790 posts
6,434 battles

Okay, I'm a bit necro-ing this thread, but I've got the Legendary on Yamato yesterday and tried it once.

Frankly it's a must have. The dispersion becomes way, way better, it's impressive. You really hits where you want.

Sign in to follow this