You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fonfalks

Petition to either remove or nerf radar.

76 comments in this topic

[UIF]
Players
329 posts
4,537 battles

As every DD player knows radars have destroyed this game. Weather it is start, middle or end of game radars consistently destroy DD gameplay due to being utterly overpowered and being able to make DDs visible in situations that simply kill DDs and cost game to team. 

Especially this is true in end game, where one radar almost 90% of time means team with it will win. 

I propose to remove radar from game to make it more balanced and if WG does not want to admit this OBVIOUS mistake, that was introducing radars, then at least nerf them 

a)Make their use much less frequent - once per game

b)reduce radar radius to 8kms maximum.

c)Make sure radars can not penetrate islands - this is most infuriating. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 14
  • Bad 19
  • Angry 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles
8 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

As every potato DD thinks radars have destroyed this game.

Fixed that for you

2 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

This is now a petition to remove useless petitions.

This I'd vote for

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
25 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

As every DD player knows radars

Nonsense.

• Cool 1

[SWTP]
Players
268 posts
5,644 battles

Potatoes and not only potatoes are crying and if only this would make WG do something wise about radar (LOS maybe, maybe shorter duration of radar and smoke?) I would be all in because 4-6 radars plus CV are a bit too much and  Worcester has even lower detection then radar range but I'm afraid that WG will either over nerf it or will come up with another gimmick antiradar consumable. Good players can adapt but what with average and below average? No one likes to be in team with DDs dead in first 3 minutes or pretending AFK or going to the end of the world and it happens recently often. Giving radar to every new cruiser was not a good idea. 

[HAERT]
Players
2,018 posts
36 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

As every DD player knows radars have destroyed this game. Weather it is start, middle or end of game radars consistently destroy DD gameplay due to being utterly overpowered and being able to make DDs visible in situations that simply kill DDs and cost game to team. 

Incorrect, as a DD player I totally disagree. Learn to play issue. I'm no unicum player, but I cope.

Especially this is true in end game, where one radar almost 90% of time means team with it will win. 

Incorrect. Learn to play issue.

I propose to remove radar from game to make it more balanced and if WG does not want to admit this OBVIOUS mistake, that was introducing radars, then at least nerf them 

a)Make their use much less frequent - once per game

Nope

b)reduce radar radius to 8kms maximum.

Nope

c)Make sure radars can not penetrate islands - this is most infuriating. 

OK, but this has been moaned about for ages and it's not going to happen without some significant coding, since their statistics say that Radars don't have a significant effect on the game outcomes it's unlikely they will put the effort in.

Petition should be changed to put and end to Radar whine threads.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,767 posts
6,415 battles

I play DD.

I don't have any issue with radar, nor the number of radar.

And reducing radar range would make it effectively useless. I'd gladly point you to LWM Salem's review where she explains the 7.5km radar on Salem is pretty much pointless, and compared to DM you often find yourself wishing for some vision. Having a better heal on Salem doesn't even compensate losing that range.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts

I just realized something:

Created last friday: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/103707-dd-game-play-is-utterly-broken/

Created seven weeks ago: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/101449-radar/

This is the third thread about radar by @Fonfalks in relative short succession. They are all identical in content (different words though). Others have told the OP plenty of times that s/he iswrong is. Apparently s/he believes that repeating him-/herself will change that.

Yeah... good luck with that strategy.

My prediction is: It will fail just as much as you apparently fail against radar equiped ships.

[DC-DK]
Players
1,711 posts
22,381 battles

Will never happen regardless how many that sign a petition. Otherwise only Premium ships will have radar...

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,039 posts
4,512 battles

@MrConway these radar threads are just getting out of control and starting to loiter the forum everyday.

From today on, I will continue to tag @MrConway until they put a fixed radar discussion thread or something like that to clear up the forum.

I for one, even though a player who thinks radar needs some adjustments both on MM wise and Mechanic wise, sick of seing this threads.

I am sorry for any inconvinience I will cause in advance!

• Cool 3

[FDUSH]
Players
1,043 posts
6,165 battles

There should be a petition for ban those a$$holes who wants to sit down in their smoke screens or torp enemies from distance and start threads with removing or nerfing radar.

Ok, remove radar, but also remove smoke screen altogether.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 3

Players
3,449 posts
7,226 battles
13 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

There should be a petition for ban those a$$holes who wants to sit down in their smoke screens or torp enemies from distance and start threads with removing or nerfing radar.

If you actually played the class maybe you'd understand the complaints have nothing to do with sitting in smoke and radar doesn't counter torping from distance anyway.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WGP2D]
Beta Tester
62 posts
15,191 battles

Ok, remove radar, but also remove smoke screen altogether

Ill take this deal instantly as a DD player.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,042 posts
8,168 battles
1 hour ago, Fonfalks said:

As every DD player knows radars have destroyed this game.

Nope.

You are just not good enough to play DD in the high tiers yet.

This thread is highly repetitive - if you want to know how experienced DD players deal with radar, use the search function.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,295 battles

WG could go as far as to spoon feed the Uninitiated the ships with radar with their ranges and duration on the loading screen maybe?

But we are initiated aren't we Bruce? 

:Smile_child:

Beta Tester
271 posts
3,344 battles
48 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

And how is that different from what you do mr. CV sealclub? All you do is launch planes and hide from real ships ( just to use your own arguments) I mean, with the poor performance you have in any ship thats not a CV, you shouldnt even be allowed to respons to threads that soesnt have anything to do with CVs....

• Funny 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,018 posts
13 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

DDBaby Complaint Bingo.jpg

Fair enough. That seems reasonable, I'm a DD player and I've seen a few of those played.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,043 posts
6,165 battles
41 minutes ago, PapVogele said:

And how is that different from what you do mr. CV sealclub? All you do is launch planes and hide from real ships ( just to use your own arguments) I mean, with the poor performance you have in any ship thats not a CV, you shouldnt even be allowed to respons to threads that soesnt have anything to do with CVs....

hohoho... It's totally the opose of what I do. With Cvs I actually go to the frontline! As a matter of fact I don't hide at all (well, I DO hide behind an island on the frontline because for some reason people tends to use long range plunging fire on a defenseless carrier). And I try to bait the enemy towards me purposedly. That tactic works really well except in high tier battles. I do not hide far away like the coward dds does.

ANd if a CV can go to the frontline I don't see why dds can't.

Also I'm REALLY tired of dds hiding in smoke screen and using their AA from inside.

[NED]
Players
1,564 posts
5,760 battles

Clearly to counter the radar investation bbs need buffs fortunately russian bbs will come to save us eventually.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
271 posts
3,344 battles
12 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

hohoho... It's totally the opose of what I do. With Cvs I actually go to the frontline! As a matter of fact I don't hide at all (well, I DO hide behind an island on the frontline because for some reason people tends to use long range plunging fire on a defenseless carrier). And I try to bait the enemy towards me purposedly. That tactic works really well except in high tier battles. I do not hide far away like the coward dds does.

ANd if a CV can go to the frontline I don't see why dds can't.

Also I'm REALLY tired of dds hiding in smoke screen and using their AA from inside.

Yeah I can see how tier 5-7 DD AA is going to be a problem for you.... not..

you also realise that a DD that has smoked up is usually around 5-9km from an enemy ship.. so closer than you would be..

Smoke is also the only defence a DD has, and thats a problem for you?

remind me to bring out my Yubari thats fully AA specced more so I can mess your sealclubbing up.

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,145 battles

I had a game last night (T5-7 no radar) that proved to me that not only is radar not bad, it is absolutely necessary for the game to not be a complete stalemate camp-fest..

Each team DD enters cap. They spot each-other. They both stop and smoke, miss/dodge their torps. Nobody can see anything, rest of both teams immediately turn away and run because they're blind. DDs sit there. Nothing happens until both smokes run out, nobody can do anything. Pure torture pointless stalemate gameplay.

If that's what you want as a DD player I'm sorry but I have very little respect for your opinion in that case. Learn to deal with radar, it's really not that hard.

• Cool 2