Sign in to follow this  
almitov

Legendary upgrades on T10s - What do you like/dislike about them?

10 comments in this topic

[BGNAV]
Players
107 posts
4,920 battles

Just a couple of days ago I got the Des Moines legendary upgrade and immediately I slapped it on to test it (I used reload in this slot). I have the acceleration upgrade and combined with the legendary one, this ship becomes pure evil - accelerates up to 30 knots in about 4 seconds or less, slows down faster, drives in reverse at 18 knots (and reaches this speed in a few seconds as well)... You can dodge torps and mid to long range shells with relative ease.

My main gripes with the DM were the slow shell speed and the slow acceleration/deceleration. I can live with the first when the second one is eliminated.

Just FYI: We tested acceleration with two of my friends - DDs (even with engine boost) can't get to 30kts so fast. After that their top speed wins. Minotaur is significantly slower in terms of speeding up and has problems with stopping and reversing.

What legendary upgrades do you have and what is you opinion of them?

[TAW]
Players
69 posts
3,472 battles

Got the Moskva legendary upgrade (goes in slot 6 btw) and used it for a while but...

1) I was uncomfortable with the loss of turret rotation, even with an improved EM Captain, attempting to counteract the loss.

2) I always found Moskva's dispersion to be quite good anyway and the gain from making it slightly better seemed negligible.

3) Found I preferred the longer +16% range over the LU's +8%.

Overall the LU seemed to take more than it gave; DM's LU might be more useful for my Moskva. 

[OCTO]
Players
75 posts
5,921 battles

I use Legendary upgrade on Zao. I like it very much. Rudder shift is much improved and more shells land on target.

I don't use Legendary Upgrade on Hindenburg. I can't figure out how to play with it to have fun.

[BYOB]
Players
2,703 posts
9,861 battles

Zao - a must have. It improves the ship in many ways, and the loss of range is acceptable. Having that extra rudder shift allows you to wiggle better. But it's the accuracy improvement that's evil. With it Zao has destroyer levels of accuracy. If you don't potato the shot you are guaranteed over 50% hits.

Hindenburg - looks nice, doesn't work. Losing concealment on a ship with already bad concealment is a stupid design choice. With the upcoming CE change the upgrade will become total garbage. WG should have put it in slot 6, to compete with offensive upgrades. People would have had the choice to either play the Hinden as a tanky cruiser or a hard hitting one. Instead it's a no go.

Henri IV - 15.59km detection at best. Compared with 12.75km without. The LU doubles down on the worst and most criticized characteristics of Henri IV. You sit in spawn, hope for others to spot for you, do some DoT with fire, once spotted you get blapped. All that for an extra 1,5km range and a 1,29s reload drop. I'd consider this one a downgrade.

• Cool 1

[ORCS]
Players
114 posts
11,146 battles

I just got it for gearing. LU hull. I find it a tradeoff. U gain better stealth but loose reload of both guns and torps. Being gunboat originaly ( when there was only usn and ijn dd line ) its not a good option to slow down gun reload. Realy, in a knifefight even 0.1 sec counts. 

I just had one fight so cant realy tell yet but i am not amazed. Tho having shima stealth with gearing is kinda kinky :)

[BGNAV]
Players
107 posts
4,920 battles

So far I am lagging in the upgrade unlocks. When I submitted this topic I got the DM one and it is great. Since then I've had very little time to play though...

Anyway - I got the Yamato upgrade and it's definitely a must. You get a cruiser-like dispersion. Yamato has always trolled me when it comes to dispersion - shells are grouped tightly but fall millimeters away from the target just to spite me. With the legendary upgrade this happens a lot less. And the turret rotation... with the buff it remains more or less the same as what it was before the LU was introduced - SLOW AF! Plan ahead and don't brawl and you should be okay though. 

I am almost done with the Monty LU. When I slap it on and test it, I'll post my opinion on the matter.

Players
411 posts
7,066 battles

I have the shimakaze upgrade and still have to get used to the 36 second torpedo tube traverse time. It is massive and almost negates the reload bonus it grants.

Maybe the penalty could be a little less severe or another penalty instead? Like a penalty to concealment but it also offers the same 25% reload boost to guns? 

[ORCS]
Players
114 posts
11,146 battles

36 secs turn for tubes??? Thats drastic. Thats bb turret traverse speed. If u get surprised from a direction u didnt expect ur toast. Thats a no go for me. I will not put that on shima.

[1805]
[1805]
Players
11 posts
3,316 battles
On 11/6/2018 at 3:51 PM, Nordavindr said:

I use Legendary upgrade on Zao. I like it very much. Rudder shift is much improved and more shells land on target.

I don't use Legendary Upgrade on Hindenburg. I can't figure out how to play with it to have fun.

Sorry what are these legendary upgrades and where do yo get them ??? 

[BYOB]
Players
2,703 posts
9,861 battles
5 hours ago, Earthglade said:

Sorry what are these legendary upgrades and where do yo get them ??? 

Legendary upgrades are special upgrades available only for T10 ships. They can be earned through a set of missions with 5 stages, the missions are activated separately for every T10 ship and require the player to play one battle in any mode.

Every T10, save for the newest ones, has a Legendary Upgrade. The effects of the upgrades wary from ship to ship and can be looked up on the wiki (link below). They offer an alternative to the standard play style of the ship in question, at least in theory.

Legendary Upgrades in the WoWSWiki

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this