Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AlphaGamer_

Realistic Sea Aversities

15 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
357 battles

Hi captions.
I'm here to propose something that might make the game more engaging with in terms of the environment.
I'm talking about things like waves, tides, wind, ocean depth, current.
Things that were put into consideration when commanding a ship.
We already have weather, but a storm with massive Atlantic waves, or untamed wind throwing the flags in all directions. Plus the ocean depth, Simon, you know how weird it is to just instantly stop when you get close to an island, this way you might slow down and then stop due to the sand, and this can give place to some interesting game tactics when bogus ships can't pass through certain planes or they will get sanded, while smaller ones can escape.
I think it would make the game more realistic and at the same time fun.

PS: with ocean depth we are a step closer to ad submarines you guys :D

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
5,880 posts
Vor 8 Minuten, AlphaGamer_ sagte:

and at the same time fun.

for sure not.  And of course this game is NOT about realism...

• Boring 1

Players
40 posts
8,488 battles

Atleast 50% of the playerbase is already overwhelmed by the mechanics... and trying to get realism into this game is mostly bad. Why? It's called arcade for a reason.... So no thank you.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
160 posts

Personally I would like this. IMO the game is a bit too arcadey

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,068 battles

I would like more weather similarities. Like fog for instance.

Or a nuclear blast in the background (cyclone model) that would kill the minimap for all ships :D

• Cool 2

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,194 battles

If I want a realistic sea environment the very first thing I would change it's the shape of the world and make it round (if you didn't noticed, in World of warships the earth is totally flat)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
3,284 posts
6,875 battles
6 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

If I want a realistic sea environment the very first thing I would change it's the shape of the world and make it round (if you didn't noticed, in World of warships the earth is totally flat)

so you're saying WG is of flat earth variety?:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,044 posts
4,598 battles

This game is not a simulator.

Game balance always trumps the realism.

WG is trying to put realism in, unless the thing they are tweaking with has nothing to do with the balance.

But I can only ask for this from the realism side.

when the hard weather conditions start to hit, ships loose speed.

Especially If they are going against the winds.. and they drift away even going in a straight line when they take the wind from side

and they can go even faster than their original top speed If they take the wind from back AND if the ship is sturdy enough..

So, If it is possible, I would like to see these mechanics put into the cyclone times in the game..

so the DDs will not be running around with 40knots.. bbs trying to go agains the wind will problably reach 15knots tops.. may be 10..

etc etc..

But I guess there would be too much mechanics to consider for the window cleaning community..

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,323 posts
13,604 battles
1 hour ago, Sargento_YO said:

EVERYONE KNOWS THE EARTH IS FLAT!! Fake news! :Smile_ohmy::Smile-angry:

flat.jpg.299e2d1ecf5758e5c105f6f66f0f6a21.jpg

But yeah, seriously. I wouldn't actually mind some additional weather (and other) effects either to make it more varied and interesting (I am fickle and get bored very easily). :cap_look:Might also positively shrink my weekly heavy drinks budget.:cap_tea:

drink.jpg.96b10c5d7ff0125384850d1dabfd879b.jpg

Or else, would it just shrink my selection of eligible excuses?  Hmmm... :cap_hmm::Smile_amazed:

• Funny 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,983 posts
4,972 battles
2 hours ago, AlphaGamer_ said:

sorry for the english

What english?

If you want waves  and stuff that other game has it, its so much fun you would not believe it...

And just FYI, there is no "water" in this game, its a texture that moves and makes you think there is.

• Cool 1

Players
3,284 posts
6,875 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

What english?

If you want waves  and stuff that other game has it, its so much fun you would not believe it...

And just FYI, there is no "water" in this game, its a texture that moves and makes you think there is.

That other game also helps you understand true nature of word "grind"

Beta Tester
1,352 posts

Slowing down in shallow water near islands seems good. One can 'tactically beach' to turn around faster, running full speed into a cliff, instead of having to move into a clearer area first. It feels very gamey.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,613 posts
5,047 battles

Introducing actual Kraken (rather than just the award) might be fun...?

:Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,882 posts

I vote for ocean currents! Imagine all those BBs being moved by the water away from islands! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this