Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wilkatis_LV

Mouse Makes More Medals (from shipcomrade.com)

18 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,507 posts
6,365 battles

It's like 4 days old post, so you might have seen it already, but in case you haven't - I think it's definitely worth to take a look:

http://shipcomrade.com/news/443/mouse-makes-more-medals.html

Tbh those are some great examples, I'd love to have most if not all of them in game. Positive feedback!

My favorite? has to be this:

Spoiler

WCBd8BL.png

I'd be absolutely farming them on my BBs :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

There are some interessting medal. There should be a new category of medals: CC's medals. As many of these suggestions are somehow connected to a certain CC.

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles

Quite a few of them could use adjustment, but utterly brilliant. Why are they not a thing - I do not understand. Even such menial achievements would bring a smile to people here and there. Please  @MrConway, do something, you lazy lout ;)

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,651 posts
13,081 battles
 6vKdP3j.png
Year of the Carrier
It's always the aircraft carrier's fault.  Make sure to let your friendly carrier know how much they disappoint you for not protecting you when the enemy CV earns this award from your oblivious butt.
Criteria:  With a single attack craft squadron, land hits with at least 80% of ordnance dropped (bombs or torpedoes).  This can be awarded multiple times.

3f4.gif

• Funny 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,225 posts
6,269 battles

man what achievements XD great if it would be implemented. 

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,765 posts
6,400 battles
XdOtpaz.png 
Turkey Shoot
Named after the Great Marianas Turkey shoot during the Battle of the Philippine Sea where the Japanese naval air arm took such heavy losses that it never recovered.
Criteria:  Shoot down 30 or more enemy aircraft, sink at least 2 enemy ships, win and survive the battle without losing more than 12 of your own planes.This can only be awarded once per battle.  Aircraft Carriers Only

59F05A47850B955181C51A2504215FE4A2953BED

• Funny 1

[XODUS]
Players
713 posts
3,755 battles

ty0zIv6.png

This should be
Blood for the Bloody God

Earn Kraken, Confederate, High Caliber and a Devestating Strike in a Single Battle 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,854 posts
2,148 battles
5 hours ago, OttoZander said:

Quite a few of them could use adjustment, but utterly brilliant. Why are they not a thing - I do not understand. Even such menial achievements would bring a smile to people here and there. Please  @MrConway, do something, you lazy lout ;)

While my power is limited (hard to believe I know), I will poke people! :cap_like:

• Cool 9

[KAKE]
Players
642 posts
2,677 battles

I would love to at least see the quirky ones in game. Just for the amusement factor of seeing someone get "torpedo beats" in a Yamato. 

Also, take me to Valhalla!

• Cool 1

Players
250 posts
1,332 battles
JyYSsV0.png 
Mikawa's Medal
Named after Guinichi Mikawa, commander of cruiser Chokai, who led his squadron at the Battle of Savo Island. His daring night attack on the allied forces stationed off Guadalcanal cost the Allies four heavy cruisers. 
Criteria:  Earn a minimum of 150 base capture points.  This can only be awarded once per battle.

Xo7XGam.png 
Glossop's Medal
Named after Vice Admiral John Glossp who commanded HMAS Sydney at the Battle of Cocos in November of 1914.  She responded to the attack of Direction Island which was being attacked by the German cruiser, SMS Emden, and sank the famous raider.
Criteria: Earn a minimum of 100 base defense points.  This can only be awarded once per battle.

I really do think some version of both of these should be in the game. I'd maybe make the first one 180 capture points and class it as a heroic achievement – seems fair for solo capping the base in a standard battle, or for getting three solo caps in domination, right?

Beta Tester
1,808 posts
2,019 battles

Ooooohhh! Shiny! Gimme gimme gimme!!! :fish_cute_2:

This is a great idea. Positive reinforcement for the win; if it works in the IRL Navy, it sure as edited will in WoWs as well!

Great post, Op - thanks for bringing this matter to the attention of the forum! And kudos again to Little White Mouse, for another bout of outstanding service to the community!

I simply cannot endorse this idea too much!

Players
877 posts
11,126 battles

You have my sword. And my bow. I don't have an axe - but still, I support this.

Players
379 posts
7 hours ago, JaiFoh said:

ty0zIv6.png

This should be
Blood for the Bloody God

Earn Kraken, Confederate, High Caliber and a Devestating Strike in a Single Battle 

The medals were posted on the NA forums and the idea there for LWM was:

Axe of the Blood Goddess

Destroy every member of the opposing team.  Available in all battle modes, and multiple times.

(Though the question was raised how you could kill everyone more than once per battle...)

Players
727 posts
11,451 battles
38 minutes ago, Johmie said:

Destroy every member of the opposing team.  Available in all battle modes, and multiple times.

(Though the question was raised how you could kill everyone more than once per battle...)

I had a battle with a "phantom" sinking in Bismarck (4 kills in the post-battle -personal and team score- results but only 3 recorded during it and shown in the detailed stats), so some ships sink more than once and thus it should be possible, albeit highly improbable.

Salute.

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
On 24-7-2018 at 5:10 AM, OttoZander said:

Actually, when I first saw "First Blood" it literally put a smile upon my face :Smile_great:, as an UT player :cap_rambo:

I thought it was pretty hilarious!

[ONE2]
Players
2,301 posts
13,551 battles

We could perhaps also introduce an "Emden"-Medal for hitting an enemy for some damage from beyond the ship's actual gun range and without a target lock. :cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,232 posts
7,060 battles
22 hours ago, 10ThousandThings said:

I really do think some version of both of these should be in the game. I'd maybe make the first one 180 capture points and class it as a heroic achievement – seems fair for solo capping the base in a standard battle, or for getting three solo caps in domination, right?

No better leave it at 150 because you can solocap even if you don't get ALL the points (some ship entering the cap in the last few secounds.)

Sign in to follow this