Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Sometimes, I wish the whole team were just destroyers.

30 comments in this topic

Players
672 posts
7,943 battles

Yes I am ranting...3 games in a row with my Shimakaze with teams that have no concept of team play.....

You go into a game as a DD to cap, spot or kill. I decide to spot for the team as our other DD was in a safe capping zone or what should have been a safe capping zone..

Hardly any support throughout the whole game was an understatement with the usual back line campers we had no chance even after repeatedly hitting F3 so that the team could delete the Des Moines or the Moskva.. A DD has no chance at all if your team does not destroy ships spotted and marked...

This is unfortunately becoming such a commonplace style of play that it is infuriating for people who do want to play the game...

If you're a BB player you should play like this... support your team and delete the pesky radar cruisers...

Rant over.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles

Play in division / clan battles. Problem solved. You are welcome ;)

• Cool 1

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

So you want half the team to be AFK for the first 3 minutes of a game, then dead in the next 2 after sitting horizontally in smoke?

[EUTF]
Players
75 posts

Wut... As a DD main, all DD match would just be a nightmare only second after CV game. more DD just makes DD work difficult. Especially for Shima, you cannot compete in gunboating area against other DD and torping DD is inheretantly unreliable and inconsistent. So becareful with what you wish for...

5DD per side is alrdy bad enough. 12 DD per side? Please spare me the pain... in fact nowadays the most selfish DD captains I see are often Shima captains. The radar meta gave them perfect excuse for going wide to the edge of thr map instead of first trying to cap. Then they spend the rest of the match trying to torp enemies or trying to get behind the enemy line by sailing along the map edge... and i see so many Shima nowadays i wonder if the are all grinding the special upgrade. 3 Shima per side is not rare with the latest patch ... 

We DD captains play for the team but we cannot take other player's cooperation for granted, and place blame on them when they suck.

However, I do understand where your frustration comes from. As a team supporting DD, we DD rely heavily on teammates effort to utilise the information we provide for both team's success and our own personal success. I can only say that make frds with other teamplayers and Div up with them to maximise your impact in the game. :cap_rambo:

Players
672 posts
7,943 battles
37 minutes ago, Rionage said:

Wut... As a DD main, all DD match would just be a nightmare only second after CV game. more DD just makes DD work difficult. Especially for Shima, you cannot compete in gunboating area against other DD and torping DD is inheretantly unreliable and inconsistent. So becareful with what you wish for...

5DD per side is alrdy bad enough. 12 DD per side? Please spare me the pain... in fact nowadays the most selfish DD captains I see are often Shima captains. The radar meta gave them perfect excuse for going wide to the edge of thr map instead of first trying to cap. Then they spend the rest of the match trying to torp enemies or trying to get behind the enemy line by sailing along the map edge... and i see so many Shima nowadays i wonder if the are all grinding the special upgrade. 3 Shima per side is not rare with the latest patch ... 

We DD captains play for the team but we cannot take other player's cooperation for granted, and place blame on them when they suck.

However, I do understand where your frustration comes from. As a team supporting DD, we DD rely heavily on teammates effort to utilise the information we provide for both team's success and our own personal success. I can only say that make frds with other teamplayers and Div up with them to maximise your impact in the game. :cap_rambo:

The title was one of sarcasm and despair... of course I don't want 24 DD's on the pitch but neither do I want to be alone in a team of D***Heads the only player trying to do his part....

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

How+About+No.jpg

That sounds like a nightmare for everyone involved :Smile_teethhappy: Add 1 BB per team and let the witch hunt begin :Smile_trollface:

A DD has no chance at all if your team does not destroy ships spotted and marked...

A BB has no chance if team ignores DDs and caps. A cruiser has no chance if team ignores BBs. All of them have these kinds of weaknesses

Also, that 1st video - that's your game? I've learnt the hard way that it's pointless to push the NW corner on TotD - either noone goes with you or it's a full out lemming train. A lose-lose situation either way. That is, never unless you do it with your division mates.

Players
672 posts
7,943 battles
13 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

How+About+No.jpg

That sounds like a nightmare for everyone involved :Smile_teethhappy: Add 1 BB per team and let the witch hunt begin :Smile_trollface:

A BB has no chance if team ignores DDs and caps. A cruiser has no chance if team ignores BBs. All of them have these kinds of weaknesses

Also, that 1st video - that's your game? I've learnt the hard way that it's pointless to push the NW corner on TotD - either noone goes with you or it's a full out lemming train. A lose-lose situation either way. That is, never unless you do it with your division mates.

That video was one of many and only on that map would I consider the choice I made as a viable option...

As I said the title was one out of sarcasm and despair... The whole team did not raise one argument against my attempt to spot NW & W parts of the map and I clearly stated my intentions in all chat.. nobody objected or countered with alternate instructions.

My previous experience on this map shows a weakness on this side of the map in that teams starting out from the North East ignore South West, West intrusion, I tried to ensure that this side of the map was watched so we could not be surprised and hoped that by marking specific enemy targets the team would eliminate them...

Your statement about division play is probably the best solution but I only division with people I know as I already know their play style..

[_MIA_]
Players
2,906 posts
5,350 battles

uhm... did anyone watch those vids? I mean, srsly u are flaming your team for not playing well? And then u show us GK vids, which show us that u dont have any clue what u are doing? Incredible amount of missplays. Im trying to put this as nice as i can:

- You rush 2 DDs which are sitting in smoke, and u have hydro, which u dont use... + it would spot the torps aswell. (You dont use Superitendent nor Premium Hydro?...)

- You getting a Kraken because you get those kills means and shows nothing. All DDs were pretty much done for.

- Horrible aim on the Montana, u are tickling him to death basicly. You dealt 53k to him, almost half of that is secondaries + fire damage.

I uploaded a little part on where u should aim if you want to hit the citadel.

Now the Shima video:

- You ignore the objective totaly. DM radars and the enemies know where you are. Should have relocated, aswell because you are RPFed all the time. (potentially by the DM)

Basicly you are spotting 3 ships all the time, which doesnt mean anything. The other flank is winning the game, because they are perma stealth.

- Torps on Yamato, you see he is accelerating. Should have taking more lead. Torps on Alsace are stupid, why would he go into the corner, turn towards the mapborder?

Overall, sure, your team is sitting at the islands, but is it really worth pushing there? Its ok at first, but at some point some gotta go to center and others may continue, but since one flank from the enemies can push through without resistance, your team is getting boxed in.

Before ranting about others, start to improve yourself maybe?:cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
672 posts
7,943 battles

When I play my Grosser Kurfurst... I don't camp, I don't sit on borders and I am there close enough to my team to be either a deterrent or an opposing force... in both games I took precaution against enemy DD's and if my team are to my front why do i need Hydro? Yes, I use secondaries but they do well for me. Perhaps I only tickle Montana but he is shooting at me and not my team, they are able to shoot him too in safety and I did almost have 2 Montana kills instead of 1 but for a late kill steal... In one film when I spot a Des Moines I go to kill him thus giving my DD team mates a chance... In both games I was there supporting my team... and whether the DD's are low health or not I have played enough games as a DD with less than 500hp survived the game taking enemy ships with me.. a low HP DD still has torpedoes. The fact I survived the battles with 3 & 5 kills is in itself evidence that my strategy worked and my WR has increased accordingly from my earlier poor start.. From 1 game I received +7 to my Karma so the other guys think I did okay too.

My Shimakaze, again my intention was to spot and keep the West side highlighted.. It failed but the tactic was not without merit...

I don't care about my torpedoes missing because each and every enemy ship had to have their eyes out for my salvos... they have to concentrate on avoiding torpedoes which gives a switched on team the opportunity to fire without fear of reprisal because their enemy is too busy dodging torpedoes. The mini map shows running torpedoes... a switched on team should be able to use that to their advantage...

Perhaps I expect too much but I will post my latest Shimakaze game in which I was with a switched on team...

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,183 battles

That Des moines was the only thing between OP and it's entire team. So basically OP wants to torp the enemy at distance with total impunity. Just like any other dd which wants to sit down in it's smoke screen...

Let's imagine for a moment that Hidro and radar are removed. Then there will be lots of complains from dds that Cvs can spot them at distance and "without any posibility of defending themselves"

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
672 posts
7,943 battles
3 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

That Des moines was the only thing between OP and it's entire team. So basically OP wants to torp the enemy at distance with total impunity. Just like any other dd which wants to sit down in it's smoke screen...

MMM.. How you got that from my post is beyond me... nothing to do with torpedoes, or distance or CV's... Most of my DD's don't have smoke either and I don't sit in it if I do use it... So you're perhaps posting in the wrong topic...

• Bad 1

[UNICS]
Players
2,783 posts
11,545 battles

I wouldn't mind trying an all dd game. Would probably resemble lower tier battles more.

• Funny 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,698 posts
13,138 battles

Just had a match in which I spotted a 1k HP YueYang with my AP DBs (which are obviously ineffective) for

- a Z-52 in smoke 5km away

- a Mogami about 10km away

- a Hindenburg 15km away

all of which refused to engage him. In fact the Z-52 got killed by said YueYang as his smoke ran out while the Hinden and the Mogami just spammed some BB at max range.

Unsurprisingly we lost despite a 700 to 300 point lead.

• Cool 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,183 battles
1 minute ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

MMM.. How you got that from my post is beyond me... nothing to do with torpedoes, or distance or CV's... Most of my DD's don't have smoke either and I don't sit in it if I do use it... So you're perhaps posting in the wrong topic...

The same logic of staying on the same corner of the map instead of relocating somewhere else.

• Cool 1

Players
672 posts
7,943 battles
7 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

The same logic of staying on the same corner of the map instead of relocating somewhere else.

Okay, let me break it down for you. We had a live DD sitting in the centre and I announced at the game start I would spot the west side. Nobody objected and nobody suggested an alternate plan..so I assume my idea is good. I go west and spot and F3 important targets and nobody does anything... I stay West to keep spotted the ships that would hurt the DD, the Des Moines and Moskva... Nobody shoots them and I manage to get a torpedo in Moskva... They all came up from the SW which as I said before is the weak part of the map for a team starting NE... If I relocated the ships then go unspotted... BB's cry for intelligence yet fail to act when it is given... I am 1 of 12 ships and my tactics were sound and given that the DM and Moskva have 12k radar I had to be at distance...

[AS13]
Players
1,143 posts
1,556 battles
2 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

I wouldn't mind trying an all dd game. Would probably resemble lower tier battles more.

I'd give it a try, would probably be a real potato as I'm not the best in DDs.

But sure would beat an all BB game.... LOL.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,906 posts
5,350 battles
2 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

if my team are to my front why do i need Hydro?

What is the arguement against using Hydro?

There were 2 DDs, one was proxy spotted, the other was at 4,2km when he disappeared. Your hydro could have detected both. Dont let yourself get fooled because you got away with that, since those DDs were alone there and didnt know what they were doing. They did throw torps, but i dont know whom they were targeting.

Yes, I use secondaries but they do well for me. Perhaps I only tickle Montana but he is shooting at me and not my team, they are able to shoot him too in safety and I did almost have 2 Montana kills instead of 1 but for a late kill steal

This wasnt meant as con secondaries, but as why you shot basicly in the superstructure of the 2nd Montana? One citadel would have caused more damage than your whole salvo combined. Secondaries ofc do help, but dealing like 40% of the damage to a BB broadsiding at <8km is just an error of aiming at the wrong place. If you were playing a Yamato you could have been killed easily.

... In one film when I spot a Des Moines I go to kill him thus giving my DD team mates a chance... In both games I was there supporting my team... and whether the DD's are low health or not I have played enough games as a DD with less than 500hp survived the game taking enemy ships with me.. a low HP DD still has torpedoes.

Exactly the reason why you should use Hydro in that instance. Its hard to keep track since your minimap isnt configured properly (no names, too small, spotted targets vanish completely without knowing the last position) But it was clear, that no more DDs were in the vicinity. So in time you would have gotten to the next DD, hydro cooldown would have been off already.

The fact I survived the battles with 3 & 5 kills is in itself evidence that my strategy worked and my WR has increased accordingly from my earlier poor start.. From 1 game I received +7 to my Karma so the other guys think I did okay too.

Kills itself dont matter. Sure its good that your WR is improving, but thats why im trying to tell you, there is still stuff that you should concider, and dont blame your teammates.

My Shimakaze, again my intention was to spot and keep the West side highlighted.. It failed but the tactic was not without merit...

I don't care about my torpedoes missing because each and every enemy ship had to have their eyes out for my salvos... they have to concentrate on avoiding torpedoes which gives a switched on team the opportunity to fire without fear of reprisal because their enemy is too busy dodging torpedoes. The mini map shows running torpedoes... a switched on team should be able to use that to their advantage...

The problem is, you were RPFed very early. The DM knew you were coming. After the time your got radared, it was evident that you should relocate. Your team didnt want to push beyond the islands, they did pitiful damage to the ships you were spotting. Your teammates were save from that side of the map, since the enemies DDs were south and center. 

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,143 posts
1,556 battles

BB's cry for intelligence yet fail to act when it is given...

Working as intended. Ehhh... yes I've seen it before. But what intelligence were they looking for.

Something to shoot at? Or something they feared, so they had to leave their fav camping spot....

We had a great CV in last match, he spotted targets > 25km away. Eh. Darn.

I reminded him nobody could shoot those. Then he realised, and after that we won.

If somebody is spotting, sure I'll try shoot it.

(also helps if you have a teammate, shooting at same target, it is quickly demolished even if it is higher tier).

Players
672 posts
7,943 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

What is the arguement against using Hydro?

There were 2 DDs, one was proxy spotted, the other was at 4,2km when he disappeared. Your hydro could have detected both. Dont let yourself get fooled because you got away with that, since those DDs were alone there and didnt know what they were doing. They did throw torps, but i dont know whom they were targeting.

This wasnt meant as con secondaries, but as why you shot basicly in the superstructure of the 2nd Montana? One citadel would have caused more damage than your whole salvo combined. Secondaries ofc do help, but dealing like 40% of the damage to a BB broadsiding at <8km is just an error of aiming at the wrong place. If you were playing a Yamato you could have been killed easily.

Exactly the reason why you should use Hydro in that instance. Its hard to keep track since your minimap isnt configured properly (no names, too small, spotted targets vanish completely without knowing the last position) But it was clear, that no more DDs were in the vicinity. So in time you would have gotten to the next DD, hydro cooldown would have been off already.

Kills itself dont matter. Sure its good that your WR is improving, but thats why im trying to tell you, there is still stuff that you should concider, and dont blame your teammates.

The problem is, you were RPFed very early. The DM knew you were coming. After the time your got radared, it was evident that you should relocate. Your team didnt want to push beyond the islands, they did pitiful damage to the ships you were spotting. Your teammates were save from that side of the map, since the enemies DDs were south and center. 

Okay, I take on board everything you have posted.. There is nothing in this that I can nor will argue against. Perhaps I ride my luck  but I try my best to be there for my team..

Thanks.:Smile_Default:

My mini map works perfectly and is as I prefer it.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles
3 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

The whole team full of DDs? This is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard in this game.

Actually ... it sounds like fun :)

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,954 battles
11 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

hat sounds like a nightmare for everyone involved :Smile_teethhappy:

12v12 Okhotnik ? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[TS1]
Players
464 posts
7,152 battles
13 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I and my Kebab agrees.

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
8 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Actually ... it sounds like fun :)

That kind of fun can be playable in training room.

Sign in to follow this