You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
X_LASERBEAM_X

How to get back on the Server after a Long Period of Inactivity

14 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
141 battles

I was gone for a long time but now Want to get back to War Ships playing but it isn't working when i log in. I changed my password but don't know whats wrong. it would be most appreciated if someone could help Thanks

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,251 posts
3,752 battles

Did you installed the EU client?

There where player who had installed the game with the installer from the US site.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,901 posts
16,255 battles
8 minutes ago, X_LASERBEAM_X said:

I was gone for a long time but now Want to get back to War Ships playing but it isn't working when i log in. I changed my password but don't know whats wrong. it would be most appreciated if someone could help Thanks

Uhhh.... actually I m thinking myself that I should go for a long time away from this game, so trust me, you re not missing anything. It s probaby worse than when you left. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts
141 battles

@Arakus I believe i do have the EU Client installed. Before I left the game for a while i could log in no problem. It is now when i try to log in it says "You have been disconnected from the server due to long period of inactivity" I dont know if my account has been deleted or something but it is stupid the reason for me not being able to join the game again.

Players
380 posts

Still an "X_LASERBEAM_X" listed when I used "find player" on the main site, so looks like your account is still there. Message sounds more like a problem with your connection than you having not played for a few months; that the connection has been inactive for too long rather than it being you. Maybe try clicking on "Settings" in the launcher and then the "Support" tab and then the "Add" button to make sure your firewall isn't blocking things?

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles

Uninstall and perform clean install (if you havent done it already). If you did, contact support.

Players
5 posts
141 battles
On 7/23/2018 at 6:31 PM, nambr9 said:

Uninstall and perform clean install (if you havent done it already). If you did, contact support.

that worked for 1 game. When i woke up to play the next day they it stopped working again

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

can you put screenshot of your error message?

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
31 minutes ago, X_LASERBEAM_X said:

image.png.5fece66033d41aba5f185614cb837217.png

try opening ticket in support.

from my experience that message should be shown if you are in port for too long doing nothing (but i may be wrong)..

Players
3,453 posts
7,229 battles
27 minutes ago, X_LASERBEAM_X said:

image.png.5fece66033d41aba5f185614cb837217.png

You should just be able to log back in.

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles

This is definitely from your end, and you should perform a clean client installation on top of a fresh Windows 10 installation. There is something on your machine from the very old days of WoWS that still remains even after uninstalling, and it is bugging your game. I would doubt that this is server-sided and a fault of WeeGee, as far as I am aware no such problems have been reported beforehand.

As for the account getting deleted - do not worry @X_LASERBEAM_X. No such thing will ever be done even if you are gone for years. Your account is tied to your email address and it is permanent, as long as WeeGee stays an entity. If for whatever reason your email provider would cease to exist and you no longer have access to it, you can request your account to be migrated.

Players
5 posts
141 battles
12 hours ago, OttoZander said:

This is definitely from your end, and you should perform a clean client installation on top of a fresh Windows 10 installation. There is something on your machine from the very old days of WoWS that still remains even after uninstalling, and it is bugging your game. I would doubt that this is server-sided and a fault of WeeGee, as far as I am aware no such problems have been reported beforehand.

As for the account getting deleted - do not worry @X_LASERBEAM_X. No such thing will ever be done even if you are gone for years. Your account is tied to your email address and it is permanent, as long as WeeGee stays an entity. If for whatever reason your email provider would cease to exist and you no longer have access to it, you can request your account to be migrated.

I dont have Windows 10 what should i do?

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles

Upgrade. Or fix your Windows 7 installation, a fresh install should fix it.