You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DaveyDent

Increasing the accuracy

13 comments in this topic

[FAITH]
Beta Tester
40 posts
10,799 battles

hi

Just woundering if this is correct, maybe the data mining guys and gals would know.

Upgrading the gun fire control systems, does it improve it?

I know that it only says that it increases the range, but does it do accuracy aswell?

for example, the IOWA,

base range is 21.2km at max dispersion of 242 meters.

upgraded gun fire control system gives +10%, 23.3kms at max dispersion of 261 meters.

but if it was 10% plus to the dispersion it should be 266 meters, therefore if now firing at 21.2 kms is it now more accurate than the 242 meters with the upgrade fitted?

thx for your time

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,986 battles

Dispersion is not linear, is a cone that get larger very soon and then become way more parallel at the longer distances,  this had to be done or at 7-8 kms ship like montana/iowa/yamato would become a rail gun 

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles
3 hours ago, principat121 said:

Your mistake: you assume that the increase of the dispersion is linear.

2 hours ago, Flavio1997 said:

Dispersion is not linear, is a cone that get larger very soon and then become way more parallel at the longer distances,  this had to be done or at 7-8 kms ship like montana/iowa/yamato would become a rail gun 

Horizontal dispersion IS linear

3 hours ago, DaveyDent said:

hi

Just woundering if this is correct, maybe the data mining guys and gals would know.

Upgrading the gun fire control systems, does it improve it?

I know that it only says that it increases the range, but does it do accuracy aswell?

for example, the IOWA,

base range is 21.2km at max dispersion of 242 meters.

upgraded gun fire control system gives +10%, 23.3kms at max dispersion of 261 meters.

but if it was 10% plus to the dispersion it should be 266 meters, therefore if now firing at 21.2 kms is it now more accurate than the 242 meters with the upgrade fitted?

thx for your time

It doesn't increase accuracy. Reason why it is smaller is bcuz the dispersion cone actually stats behind your ship not on it:

T9dUQ1e.png

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,631 posts
6,502 battles
8 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Horizontal dispersion IS linear

No, because the dispersion cone looks like this (simple example):

Unbenannt.png.7be9fd5c181919c4266b32ab69a846e3.png

There are two regions of linear increase. The smaller increase per distance goes up to 9 or 10km (not sure) and then the dispersion increases more over distance.

[BABBY]
Players
241 posts
5,857 battles
16 minutes ago, principat121 said:

There are two regions of linear increase. The smaller increase per distance goes up to 9 or 10km (not sure) and then the dispersion increases more over distance.

Isn't this the other way round? Spreads very fast till about 4km and then slower till max range?

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,988 battles
3 hours ago, Flavio1997 said:

this had to be done or at 7-8 kms ship like montana/iowa/yamato would become a rail gun 

SO ? why the [edited]not ? if you get in to 7-8 km form a Ship like that you arsked for it. and the Pene system would just [edited]you any way. 

mang

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles
44 minutes ago, principat121 said:
Spoiler

The rapid expansion is at the start, not at the end, so it's literally the other way around. Horizontal is linear, vertical is complicated.

The 2 ships that I know how far behind them the tip of the cone is are:

• Alsace - 6.7km
  • Colorado - 6km

When you have cones tip that distance behind the ship no matter what range module you use (none, 10%, 16%, both) the dispersion ALWAYS scales perfectly linearly

Nr0CeKR.png

I was going to (and still am) test more of them when we have free module demounting for CB - but WG never gave it to us. And somehow I never thought to test it on PTS (which is the plan currently, just need to refine my excel file with the maths so I can do it quicker)

31 minutes ago, Mangrey said:

SO ? why the [edited]not ? if you get in to 7-8 km form a Ship like that you arsked for it. and the Pene system would just [edited]you any way. 

mang

Bcuz Montana landing 12 shells in area smaller than Gearing 2km from her wouldn't be nice, fun or balanced

• Cool 2

[SHEN]
Players
1,308 posts
10,607 battles

Or you can also use this formulae :

• IJN BB : horizontal dispersion = 84 + 7,2 x range
  • US BB : horizontal dispersion = 60 + 10 x range
  • German BB / French BB : horizontal dispersion = 66 + 9,8 x range
  • UK BB : horizontal dispersion = 53 + 10,3 x range

Just for comparaison :

• CA/CL (every nations) : horizontal dispersion = 33 + 6,9 x range
  • DD (every nations) = horizontal dispersion = 15 + 7,5 x range
  • Cool 3

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,166 battles

The cone thing may be correct but it's a needlessly complex explanation. Basically dispersion increases linearly but it's not 0 at 0 range, so that's your inconsistency.

[SWTP]
Players
280 posts
5,692 battles
59 minut temu, VC381 napisał:

The cone thing may be correct but it's a needlessly complex explanation. Basically dispersion increases linearly but it's not 0 at 0 range, so that's your inconsistency.

It should be possible to calculate from this inconsistencies the distance where it starts and dispersion at the point of the ship. Probably I would be able to do it 25-30 years ago when I was at school now I can't be bothered to relearn maths :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,068 battles

I dont need math to know DoY close range dispersion.

Spoiler

19Szb9f.png

• Funny 4