Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DangerousDave2k

How to get that teased free week of Premium Account?

24 comments in this topic

Players
162 posts
3,438 battles

A few days ago, a message popped up while I was in port saying something about how if I installed World Of Tanks I'd get a week's free Premium Account. I'm wondering if I can still get access to that offer. Does anyone know?

[BYOB]
Players
2,675 posts
9,802 battles
10 minutes ago, DangerousDave2k said:

A few days ago, a message popped up while I was in port saying something about how if I installed World Of Tanks I'd get a week's free Premium Account. I couldn't be bothered at the time so I closed the message, but now I'm wondering if I can still get access to that offer. Does anyone know?

Since a lot of people who have recently been banned by WG have also played WoT or even started playing WoT just now, I wouldn't install it even for a year of premium.

• Funny 2

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
23 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Since a lot of people who have recently been banned by WG have also played WoT or even started playing WoT just now, I wouldn't install it even for a year of premium.

What are the reason for WG to ban players from WoWS?

[BYOB]
Players
2,675 posts
9,802 battles
12 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

What are the reason for WG to ban players from WoWS?

They don't ban them from WoWS, they lock their whole account. There's a new cheating policy in WoT and it's quite harsh:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/fair-play-policy-update-jul-2018/

The problem with WG is a complete lack of communication and transparency. So people who get banned are told "WG is right always, you are a cheater" with no further explanations.

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
14 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

They don't ban them from WoWS, they lock their whole account. There's a new cheating policy in WoT and it's quite harsh:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/fair-play-policy-update-jul-2018/

The problem with WG is a complete lack of communication and transparency. So people who get banned are told "WG is right always, you are a cheater" with no further explanations.

Ah, the classic old boting and harmful mods issue. Same old same old.

I dont know for WG but other developers whey they suspect someone as cheater they have programs so called wardens, who detects 3rd party softwares that have purpose of modding the game, cheating.

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
152 posts
4,301 battles

Back to the question at hand,

Install WarGaming Game Center (wgc) from the main wargaming page.
From this crap, install wot.
Play through the tutorial.
When done start yoloing with random tanks.
Do this 10 times.
Uninstall wot
Enjoy your premium in wows
Uninstall wows

Edited by Ouzo11
woops

Players
162 posts
3,438 battles

Are you sure this works? Is it some automatic thing? How does it know to give me the free week?

So completing the tutorial gave me 3 days premium time, but this isn't the 7 that the pop up promised. Anyone got any ideas?

Beta Tester
1,347 posts
On 22/07/2018 at 5:22 PM, DangerousDave2k said:

So completing the tutorial gave me 3 days premium time, but this isn't the 7 that the pop up promised. Anyone got any ideas?

go to support > open ticket > ingame goods lost and found > tell them you are missing 4 days of premium time

[HAERT]
Players
2,015 posts
27 minutes ago, DangerousDave2k said:

Already did it but they claimed the offer didn't exist.

I had the same popup and no Premium time appeared after I installed, played the tutorial and about 20 games. Couldn't be bothered as I found WoT not a game I enjoy playing. 4 days of Premium would have been nice though.

[BYOB]
Players
2,675 posts
9,802 battles
1 hour ago, DangerousDave2k said:

Already did it but they claimed the offer didn't exist.

Don't you feel dumb believing what WG told you? They will lie to you with a straight face. In my experience you can safely ignore what they are saying, because what they will be doing will be something completely else.

Players
162 posts
3,438 battles
11 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I had the same popup and no Premium time appeared after I installed, played the tutorial and about 20 games. Couldn't be bothered as I found WoT not a game I enjoy playing. 4 days of Premium would have been nice though.

Thanks for confirming this. I will take it back to them that other people are getting this offer and see what they say.

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,964 posts
4,952 battles
9 minutes ago, DangerousDave2k said:

Thanks for confirming this. I will take it back to them that other people are getting this offer and see what they say.

At least from now on, Im sure you will screencap any offer you see.

Alternatively, do like I did, and stop spending money here, works a treat.

Players
162 posts
3,438 battles

Ok so they have finally acknowledged that the offer actually exists, but apparently it's expired now, so no premium time.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i got this offer on mail on 13.07.

btw screen of mail

16114713-dca3-413f-9f18-2a5e230dbf2f.png

fail on WG marketing for making an offer for not even 10 days...

@MrConway if your offer only lasts for a day, pls dont bother even sending such thing on mail...

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,861 posts
2,148 battles

Thanks for poking me, I'll have a look into whether something went wrong here.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,861 posts
2,148 battles
On 7/21/2018 at 6:24 PM, DangerousDave2k said:

A few days ago, a message popped up while I was in port saying something about how if I installed World Of Tanks I'd get a week's free Premium Account. I'm wondering if I can still get access to that offer. Does anyone know?

Unfortunately it seems that you were too late to take advantage of the offer, sorry.

On 7/24/2018 at 12:21 AM, BeauNidl3 said:

I checked your account and cannot see any completed battles in World of Tanks, did you maybe use a different account? Unfortunately that means that the offer cannot work from a technical perspective for you :(

22 hours ago, robihr said:

i got this offer on mail on 13.07.

btw screen of mail

16114713-dca3-413f-9f18-2a5e230dbf2f.png

fail on WG marketing for making an offer for not even 10 days...

@MrConway if your offer only lasts for a day, pls dont bother even sending such thing on mail...

I will pass on the feedback!

[HAERT]
Players
2,015 posts
28 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Unfortunately it seems that you were too late to take advantage of the offer, sorry.

I checked your account and cannot see any completed battles in World of Tanks, did you maybe use a different account? Unfortunately that means that the offer cannot work from a technical perspective for you :(

I will pass on the feedback!

Nope I only have 1 account and 1 WG login under the control center, I most definitely completed the Tutorial and multiple battles, I have no idea how it can't be registered, I will log in on Wot again and double check. 

Checked and please see the attached screenshot @MrConway. I only played WoT after I got the popup in WoWs, downloaded the client via the launcher played the tutorial and then 16 games in Randoms, not touched it since the Premium didn't appear in WoT or WoW they share the same Premium as is visible from the screenshot.

I don't know whose account you were looking at, but it certainly wasn't mine.

tanks.jpg

• Cool 1

[HF_30]
Players
1,288 posts

Same here. Fell for the offer, installed WoT, played 10 battles and got 3 days instead of the promised 7. I followed some link, that led to the old-style stand-alone installer though, so didn't download and install via gamecenter. Not really worth raising a fuss about, as far as I am concerned. Sadly, at this point I'm not even surprised any more. WG is inconsistent to incompetent when it comes to communications, to put it very politely.

Edit: WoT was a thoroughly unpleasant experience, wouldn't recommend.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,861 posts
2,148 battles
2 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Nope I only have 1 account and 1 WG login under the control center, I most definitely completed the Tutorial and multiple battles, I have no idea how it can't be registered, I will log in on Wot again and double check. 

Checked and please see the attached screenshot @MrConway. I only played WoT after I got the popup in WoWs, downloaded the client via the launcher played the tutorial and then 16 games in Randoms, not touched it since the Premium didn't appear in WoT or WoW they share the same Premium as is visible from the screenshot.

I don't know whose account you were looking at, but it certainly wasn't mine.

tanks.jpg

You did play those battles, but according to our system you did it in April. You can check on an external site here as well: https://en.wot-life.com/eu/player/BeauNidl3/

"Last battle: 2018-04-04 05:32"

1 hour ago, tenacious_torps said:

Same here. Fell for the offer, installed WoT, played 10 battles and got 3 days instead of the promised 7. I followed some link, that led to the old-style stand-alone installer though, so didn't download and install via gamecenter. Not really worth raising a fuss about, as far as I am concerned. Sadly, at this point I'm not even surprised any more. WG is inconsistent to incompetent when it comes to communications, to put it very politely.

Edit: WoT was a thoroughly unpleasant experience, wouldn't recommend.

Unfortunately it seems that the promotion ended on 16/07, while you played on 17/07. I've raised the issue and we'll see what/if anything can be done.

My apologies for the bad communication here. :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,015 posts
7 minutes ago, MrConway said:

You did play those battles, but according to our system you did it in April. You can check on an external site here as well: https://en.wot-life.com/eu/player/BeauNidl3/

"Last battle: 2018-04-04 05:32"

Unfortunately it seems that the promotion ended on 16/07, while you played on 17/07. I've raised the issue and we'll see what/if anything can be done.

The only reason I played WoT was as a result of a popup in WoWs, this was in April. Either your popup was invoked when the offer wasn't current or you could do with checking what offers there were in April. I had no reason to install WoT without that popup. Kindly check @MrConway

[HF_30]
Players
1,288 posts
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

Thx for the effort. But it's still no big deal to me. There have been much more fun and enraging things and I'm still here, so... It's too hot anyway, don't break a sweat.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
2 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

The only reason I played WoT was as a result of a popup in WoWs, this was in April. Either your popup was invoked when the offer wasn't current or you could do with checking what offers there were in April. I had no reason to install WoT without that popup. Kindly check @MrConway

those ingame marketing popups often dont work. i got few ingame offers for discount in premium shop, clicked on the link (and was logged in on site), just for it to say that offer doesnt exist.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this