Sign in to follow this  
taraza40

Z52 questions

4 comments in this topic

[RO-RN]
Players
21 posts
3,403 battles

I don't really know how to play this ship anymore,i tried every way.I played 238 battles so far in it and I don't know how i managed to not observe how bad this ship is.I enjoyed all the german destroyers from tier 2 to tier 9(especially the T-22^_^).But the Z-52 is not a satisfying ship.Guns-mediocre-even Shimakaze can kill you if you miss some shots,HE is poor,AP is good but very situational(gearing is the only ship you can damage considerably,even Khaba gets overpenetrated).Torpedoes-Mediocre to good:Good reload,High speed,only 8,poor damage,worst range at tier 10 (Khabarovsk not included).Maneuvrability-Bad,speed-mediocre,Concealment-Worst DD concealment at tier 10(Khabarovsk not included,again).AA-doesn't really matter,Good hp.

I may be too whiny but i don't find the z52 fun to play,the only things that keep me from selling it are->my first and only tier 10 ship,decent torpedoes,hydro.Any ideas?Tell me if i am wrong,i don't mind being criticized.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
453 posts
5,651 battles

Well, I'm running mine as kinda hybrid. equipment is setup for pew pew, captain skills is both guns and torps.

So it kinda works for me. But if I have to choose a DD to play, I'd rather go Gearing or YY, maybe "new" Grozo.

[UNICS]
Players
324 posts
4,468 battles

My Z52 is setup as a gunboat, since it`s torps don`t have enough range to be used safely nowadays, and guns are much more reliable in any sort of DD vs DD fight.

Commander: PM -> LS -> SI -> CE -> SE -> BFT -> DE/TAE

Modules: MAM-1 -> SGM-1/Hydro Mod - > ASM-1 -> SGM-2 -> CSM-1 -> MBM-3

5 godzin temu, taraza40 napisał:

even Khaba gets overpenetrated

latest?cb=20160415121355

Like really...
How did you do that? Are you hitting his funnel?

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,987 battles

I run it as a torp boat/cap hybrid and it is still a potent ship. The torps have a short ish range for tier 10 but do their job. 

Basically even with the more frequent radar matchups it can still outcontest any other DD, keep an eye out for radar ships and even they can be torped or pushed out without much danger and once you get an opening your fast reloading torps are a danger to BB's or cruisers. 

And smoking up within 10 km of a BB or radarless cruiser (or a cruiser whos radar is already used) your AP is very potent.

Sign in to follow this