You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

Camping (like a coward) is more rewarding

95 comments in this topic

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles

On top of that, I got reported 3 times for my efforts, thanks, appreciated!!!! Because obviously I deserved it for not playing for the team!!

Looks like I just need to camp more at C5 on this map, duely noted. (and yes, next time I get this map I'm actually gonna try staying in C5 as this is apparently more rewarding, right?).

Mind you I'm not blaming the BB teammates camping in the back, obviously the game punished me for cowardly selfish play and rewarded the others for playing better then me. I got hit so bad I was focussed whenever I got spotted again.

I'm complaining on how the game rewards camping farming damage on this map at C5 and punishes more agressive gameplay and punishes taking damage for the team. Quite quickly the enemy had ALL caps and we lost on points.

Not only did I get SECOND LAST place in the list for my efforts, I got reported THREE times as a special post-battle kick-in-the-rear bonus here! It prompted me to log out, bye!

Now my question to the community here is: Could anyone here tell me the most rewarding camping spots on all maps please? Perhaps then I could actually play the game the way it was apparently meant to be played, since I also want more rewards in xp/credits (and karma, since I then can report more people lol).

*edit  

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
745 posts
4,562 battles

If you post screen shots you should blank out the player names as it's considered naming and shaming.

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
6 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

If you post screen shots you should blank out the player names as it's considered naming and shaming.

Names removed as per request.

And please give me some map coordinates :Smile_great:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,651 posts
13,081 battles

It's not exactly a secret that "MUH DAMAGE" is pretty much the only way to get good rewards in this game in anything but, ironically, CVs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

It's not exactly a secret that "MUH DAMAGE" is pretty much the only way to get good rewards in this game in anything but, ironically, CVs.

Perhaps it was just wishful thinking of my part, noted! :Smile_great:

[RNG4]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Just a quick question:

What reward do you expect for measly 15k damage and 1,3 kk potential damage in a tier 9 BB after more than 10 minutes of play? And being so low on health after about 5 minutes looks like either bad luck or ... overmotivation on your part.

Sure, your team mate BBs should have given more and closer support but to blame them for supposedly missing rewards on your end doesn't look right.

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
17 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

Sure, your team mate BBs should have given more and closer support but to blame them for supposedly missing rewards on your end doesn't look right.

And this is kinda my point.

They should NOT have given more and closer support. Just look at how they were rewarded after the game.

Obviously they were able to shoot more damage from C5.

I TRIED getting more damage after that mishap of mine near the cap, but I got focussed and had little hp room to exchange for damage anymore. I was left crippled for the rest of the game due to me trying to support and push a cap, instead of camping at C5 to farm more damage.

To me this doesn't look right, but apparently it is more rewarding.

Do you have any more map coordinates for other maps I could camp at in order to get more xp/credit rewards?

And actually, due to me playing more passively after that mishap and surviving, I ended up with 10 extra signals due to me not having died for the team :Smile_great:

Beta Tester
1,808 posts
2,019 battles

Life expectancy aside, active gameplay is still more rewarding than passive gameplay - and it's a hundred times more fun!:Smile_great:

I'd rather have fun during five shorter games, while seeking out the enemy,  than camp in a corner of the map during two longer games, any day!

• Cool 1

Players
779 posts
6,831 battles

I'm partial to A10 myself. Nice and peaceful.

Content_Team_081417_16668_Campsite_Selec

• Funny 3

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
17 hours ago, Procrastes said:

Life expectancy aside, active gameplay is still more rewarding than passive gameplay - and it's a hundred times more fun!:Smile_great:

Actually, it is not.

Yes it is more fun when actually playing, but the rewards and reports makes one feel unappreciated, thus not rewarded.

17 hours ago, jss78 said:

I'm partial to A10 myself. Nice and peaceful.

Content_Team_081417_16668_Campsite_Selec

Oh, I do love the looks of that lake :cap_old:

But can A10 result in enough damage to end 3rd place on this map without getting ingame complaints and afterbattle reports?

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

It doesn't help that you were on one of the most campy maps currently in the game. Mountain Range is infamous for encouraging this kind of behaviour because if it's vast open spaces.

That said, when you see your team doing this, literally the best thing you can do is join them. Going off and playing hero will only isolate yourself and get you killed. If your entire team wants to throw, you might as well sit back and farm some damage to get something out of it. If you're lucky, the enemy team can become over-aggressive and start funneling into your campy not-so-friends, and start to get rolled. Gives you the chance to carry.

When this happens, just wait it out and farm damage hard. If you lose, you top the scoreboard. If you win in a magical turnaround, you still top the scoreboard.

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
1,808 posts
2,019 battles
1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Actually, it is not.

Yes it is more fun when actually playing, but the rewards and reports makes one feel unappreciated, thus not rewarded.

Well, getting reported simply for playing the game is certainly not very heartening. But honestly, if a person is such a bore as to report someone for basically being a better player, then that person is someone whose personal opinion I wouldn't place too much value in to begin with. And since everyone, including Wargaming, knows that reporting just for spite is lamentably common, I'd say that no one puts much stock in the veracity of the report system anyway. It is probably there at least in part to enable disgruntled players to let off some steam by pressing their little 'angry' button. My advice would be to ignore the bores and just play another game. That is how I try to handle it, anyway.

[SKRUB]
Players
139 posts
12,481 battles

My problem with the first picutre is...

You are on a very "bad" position, because you push to deepth (you fight against one dd/one ca/three bb so 1vs 5) for no good reason (you already have A cap). :/

Playing aggresive is good, but you need to use your brain, in order to make it viable.

Because on the minimap, you had not other option to hard turn, so you will be very predictable. 

And turn you did, loosing another huge chunk of your HP, you was very lucky to be still alive. 

Now you are very low on health, what to do ?

Recover and fight back. :/

Because you will more rewarded to continue fighting, than stay alive. 

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
17 hours ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

If your entire team wants to throw, you might as well sit back and farm some damage to get something out of it. If you're lucky, the enemy team can become over-aggressive and start funneling into your campy not-so-friends, and start to get rolled. Gives you the chance to carry.

When this happens, just wait it out and farm damage hard. If you lose, you top the scoreboard. If you win in a magical turnaround, you still top the scoreboard.

Frankly, I don't really like this map regardless of what ship I play.

The first screenshot was the first time I noticed (yes it was too late, but hey I'm not a purple all-knowing unicorn (yet)), but I agree that I should've just joined those campers at C5 right?

You happen to have any other map coordinates for other maps where I can camp and get ++ xp/credits and no negreps? :Smile_great:

17 hours ago, Procrastes said:

Well, getting reported simply for playing the game is certainly not very heartening. But honestly, if a person is such a bore as to report someone for basically being a better player, then that person is someone whose personal opinion I wouldn't place too much value in to begin with. And since everyone, including Wargaming, knows that reporting just for spite is lamentably common, I'd say that no one puts much stock in the veracity of the report system anyway. It is probably there at least in part to enable disgruntled players to let off some steam by pressing their little 'angry' button. My advice would be to ignore the bores and just play another game. That is how I try to handle it, anyway.

Well right now it is not letting of my steam :Smile_sceptic:

17 hours ago, Lebedjev said:

My problem with the first picutre is...

You are on a very "bad" position, because you push to deepth (you fight against one dd/one ca/three bb so 1vs 5) for no good reason (you already have A cap). :/

Playing aggresive is good, but you need to use your brain, in order to make it viable.

Because on the minimap, you had not other option to hard turn, so you will be very predictable. 

And turn you did, loosing another huge chunk of your HP, you was very lucky to be still alive. 

Now you are very low on health, what to do ?

Recover and fight back. :/

Because you will more rewarded to continue fighting, than stay alive. 

My first impression as that I was indeed too agressive, but I had a chat with the friendly OMNI guy post-battle and his opinion was more that I should have pushed another cap and my teammates weren't enough supporting.

But still they got rewarded and I got basically crap on....

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,507 posts
6,365 battles

You did 14.6k dmg, scraped together just some pitiful 1.3mil potential. What exactly you want to be rewarded for? Participation? Here you go:

medal.jpg

As hopeless as they were, kind-of looks like your team would have been better without you tbh :cap_old:

And those reports - why do I get the feeling they weren't for you pushing, but rather for you being salty in chat?

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You did 14.6k dmg, scraped together just some pitiful 1.3mil potential. What exactly you want to be rewarded for? Participation? Here you go:

medal.jpg

As hopeless as they were, kind-of looks like your team would have been better without you tbh :cap_old:

And those reports - why do I get the feeling they weren't for you pushing, but rather for you being salty in chat?

I tried and got punished for trying. So you have any map coordinates I can camp at for the other maps?

If my team would've been better off without me, then why am I even playing this game you think?

Are you trying to imply I'm such a crappy player that the game is better off without me?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,507 posts
6,365 battles
7 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

So you have any map coordinates I can camp at for the other maps?

Seeing how I generally play rather aggressively... No, never needed them

7 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

If my team would've been better off without me, then why am I even playing this game you think?

Are you trying to imply I'm such a crappy player that the game is better off without me?

I'm implying that going by all the info we have in your screenshots it's you screwing up massively (by ignoring your teams positioning on map or whatever else) and then whining that you got punished for it. You did nothing = you didn't get rewarded, as simple as that

[SKRUB]
Players
139 posts
12,481 battles
5 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

My first impression as that I was indeed too agressive, but I had a chat with the friendly OMNI guy post-battle and his opinion was more that I should have pushed another cap and my teammates weren't enough supporting.

But still they got rewarded and I got basically crap on....

I agree on that, sure it's easy to said, what you should have do post battle.

But the only good advice i can give you is always have a escape road.

Other that, yeah it's hard to play when other don't want to play their duties...

Like when your all team leave you alone, without said a single word, alway get salty when happen to me. :=

But you can't win all, keep a cold head, learn few new trick, improve and reward will be waiting for you.

Don't be to upset by bad gameplay, you can do better than them and you will.

Players
2,148 posts
3,836 battles
8 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I tried and got punished for trying. So you have any map coordinates I can camp at for the other maps?

I know how you feel. I offen get ''rewarded'' for my efforts of trying and end up like a living shield for my ''team''.

Im to big noob for camping.

You shouldnt waste you energy on battles like this. Its summer vacation for kids and we cant do nothing about it. Exept we could reduce our time in game or at least play in some early hours, like in morning when the air is a bit freshier.

• Cool 1

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Seeing how I generally play rather aggressively... No, never needed them

I'm implying that going by all the info we have in your screenshots it's you screwing up massively (by ignoring your teams positioning on map or whatever else) and then whining that you got punished for it. You did nothing = you didn't get rewarded, as simple as that

So camping at C5 is doing more then what I did? And what I did was DOING NOTHING, correct?

Unfortunate you don't have any more map coordinates, apparently it would've helped me be prevent screwing up massively if I had just stay put and camped there, right? :Smile_great:

• Boring 1

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
16 hours ago, Lebedjev said:

I agree on that, sure it's easy to said, what you should have do post battle.

But the only good advice i can give you is always have a escape road.

Other that, yeah it's hard to play when other don't want to play their duties...

Like when your all team leave you alone, without said a single word, alway get salty when happen to me. :=

But you can't win all, keep a cold head, learn few new trick, improve and reward will be waiting for you.

Don't be to upset by bad gameplay, you can do better than them and you will.

C5 seems to have a good escape route, behind that island (except one BB that was a bit more exposed but his position wasn't really a dangerous one).

Duely noted :Smile_honoring:

True...I think I should just play more passively, especially at the beginning. I should wait for someone else to start pushing and taking damage or I will get games where I end second last place :Smile_great:

I think I should've known better then try to play for the objective, the only BB that actually 'performed' worse then me was a bottom tier BB that was also camping.

The other 3 gotten better rewards, so I should copy that despite all the BBaby complaints on this forum right?

So what am I to do here?

16 hours ago, Hardocky said:

So much campers since the holidays

And it's more rewarding too! :Smile_medal:

[TTT]
Players
3,544 posts
7,443 battles

I still dont get what your point is here. You screwed up very early, had a crap game, didnt achieve anything worthwhile, and didnt get any rewards. These other BBs didnt do much, stayed back, did a bit more than you and got a bit more rewards than you while your team lost. Looks about right to me...

• Cool 1

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
16 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

I know how you feel. I offen get ''rewarded'' for my efforts of trying and end up like a living shield for my ''team''.

Im to big noob for camping.

You shouldnt waste you energy on battles like this. Its summer vacation for kids and we cant do nothing about it. Exept we could reduce our time in game or at least play in some early hours, like in morning when the air is a bit freshier.

This is worth a try.

Unfortunately (lol) I do have a life so I was rather occupied till this afternoon :Smile-_tongue:

Perhaps during the weekends I should camp at B5 while the teammates camped at C5, apparently staying at the back is better rewards and more post-battle pleasure :Smile_medal:

16 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

and got a bit more rewards than you

Top tier Conq that hardly tanked anything got MORE THEN TWICE as much rewarded, doing this 100xLoss seems rather rewarding..

16 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I still dont get what your point is here.

Camping at C5 is more rewarding then trying to support your DDs and play for the objective.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
745 posts
4,562 battles
4 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Perhaps during the weekends I should camp at B5 while the teammates camped at C5, apparently staying at the back is better rewards and more post-battle pleasure :Smile_medal:

The thing is that as we're playing a game it's supposed to be enjoyable as otherwise why play a game - sitting at the back with the rest of the team maybe more rewarding but it's got a better chance of being less fun.

I'd prefer to be taken out earlier in the battle and at least try and contribute to the team.  Not that I claim to be anything but an average player at best.

The worst that can happen is you get to the next battle which may be more enjoyable and rewarding.

• Cool 1