You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

[K-G-N]
Players
19 posts
6,823 battles

Hi all,

I think most people will agree that there is too much radar at the moment with the US light cruiser line. I'd like to propose some suggestions and see what people think and hopefully WG will agree.

The way I see it is there are several options:

1. Cap the number of radar cruisers allowed in the game to 2. and cap the number of radar ships per division to 1 maybe.

2. Take the US light cruisers back to the drawing board and re-hash the design. Perhaps they get radar replaced with a very good hydro, or no radar at all and find a new gimmick. Maybe give them a long lasting shorter range radar (7-8km or something).

3. Re-hash radar in the game completely, maybe making it shorter duration, only showing people on the min-map (not screen) or making DDs immune to it (or at least detected at a closer range).

4. Re-work radar and aircraft so they need line of site. It is completely ridiculous how a plane or radar sees would when there is no line of site due to an island being in the. Let islands serve ad physical barriers.

5. Maybe let everyone know when a ship uses radar and point him out to everyone as a priority target. Make him spotted for the duration. This would make people actually think about when to use it more.

6. Perhaps equip DDs with a radar blocking/ scrambling consumable so they have a counter -maybe only applies to their ship and not the team - with 2-3 charges with a cooldown.

7. On a separate note, can we also get a buff to low-tier British cruisers detection whilst in smoke. Emerald and below are already quite bad ships. Maybe give Leander the same buff.

Thoughts?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles
1 hour ago, Lyno_Lemon said:

I think most people will agree that there is too much radar at the moment with the US light cruiser line.

Oh look, a new ship! Must play!

Bcuz we have never seen that before, have we? :cap_old:

Also - hey, there are just 10 of these threads going on RIGHT NOW, lets start another one!

1. Cap the number of radar cruisers allowed in the game to 2. and cap the number of radar ships per division to 1 maybe.

Makes partial sense, but... there are ships that may or may not carry radar. Like Mino and Yueyang for example. So this probably wouldn't work

2. Take the US light cruisers back to the drawing board and re-hash the design. Perhaps they get radar replaced with a very good hydro, or no radar at all and find a new gimmick. Maybe give them a long lasting shorter range radar (7-8km or something).

In order - Why? They're not German. No thank you. So Hydro without the ability to spot torps?

3. Re-hash radar in the game completely, maybe making it shorter duration, only showing people on the min-map (not screen) or making DDs immune to it (or at least detected at a closer range).

No no no and shove that one up where the sun doesn't shine

4. Re-work radar and aircraft so they need line of site. It is completely ridiculous how a plane or radar sees would when there is no line of site due to an island being in the. Let islands serve ad physical barriers.

Planes - it's completely ridiculous how you see planes through mountains aswell, they don't jsut magically pop up right next to you

Radar - it's completely ridiculous how radar is a short duration, relatively short range, and has some kind of magical "cooldown" between activations. "Muh realizm" radar should be a line-of-sight toggle-type ability with unlimited duration and no cooldowns, plus, of course, at least doubled range.

Your "muh realizm" doesn't work in just 1 direction

5. Maybe let everyone know when a ship uses radar and point him out to everyone as a priority target. Make him spotted for the duration. This would make people actually think about when to use it more.

Radar ships already are priority targets to everyone with at least half of a working braincell.

As for making him spotted - why? Almost every time they will be already spotted, get spotted immediately afterwards as they shoot at you or in cover where it doesn't matter if you see them or not. For running away a simple guesstimate of "he's somewhere there" is more than good enough and you don't need anything more.

And if you want to know (see) who's radaring you while you're in a smokescreen - go f*** yourself m8

6. Perhaps equip DDs with a radar blocking/ scrambling consumable so they have a counter -maybe only applies to their ship and not the team - with 2-3 charges with a cooldown.

1) why? Radar is primary an anti-DD tool

2) this would lead to some radars (like the PA and RU ones) needing a buff to keep them competitive instead of them being complete garbage

Thoughts?

You could have saved everyone elses time by simply not posting this. Every single point you made here has been made at least 50 times over the last week alone, at this point these threads are turning just into self-copying spam :fish_palm:

[K-G-N]
Players
19 posts
6,823 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Oh look, a new ship! Must play!

Bcuz we have never seen that before, have we? :cap_old:

Also - hey, there are just 10 of these threads going on RIGHT NOW, lets start another one!

Whilst it is true new ships get played a lot, these are not brand new anymore and the amount of radar now present is very annoying if you play DD's. It discourages aggressive game-play and the issues will remain whether the line is new or not. It just seems OP to me every US cruiser ship having extremely long radar (with module even longer) with longer range than the torpedoes on most DD's and the radar out-ranges their concealment. That and the annoying levels of HE these pump out whilst hiding behind islands.

These are my views on this and if there are so many other threads, it highlights there is an issue and I am voicing my opinion on how to solve that issue - to make the game more fun for everyone.

2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Makes partial sense, but... there are ships that may or may not carry radar. Like Mino and Yueyang for example. So this probably wouldn't work

The point is Pan-asians make sacrifices for their radar by giving up smoke and don't have the ridiculous firepower of a US cruiser anyway and US radar is way better than these ones. Limit the number of radar cruisers is what I meant.

In order - Why? They're not German. No thank you. So Hydro without the ability to spot torps?

The why is pretty obvious. WG has released a line which has many issues and I'm offering solutions. If radar is on every ship and is a special module for a select few, nobody has fun. DD's can't push and have to play beyond their max range half the time. These ships are OP so they have to lose something to bring the game back into balance.

No no no and shove that one up where the sun doesn't shine

It might not be the best idea but at least I'm offering solutions to fix a blatant issue. I'd prefer this to the current state of the game tbh. I mean, radar is meant to counter smoke and it's done way more than just countering smoke.

Planes - it's completely ridiculous how you see planes through mountains aswell, they don't jsut magically pop up right next to you

Radar - it's completely ridiculous how radar is a short duration, relatively short range, and has some kind of magical "cooldown" between activations. "Muh realizm" radar should be a line-of-sight toggle-type ability with unlimited duration and no cooldowns, plus, of course, at least doubled range.

Your "muh realizm" doesn't work in just 1 direction

Planes. Well I agree, but if someone else is spotting a plane then yeah you would see it.

You lost me there. I want a certain level or realism but I'm purely talking about gameplay mechanics here. If a cruiser can hide behind an island, pop radar, spot people 10+km away with mountains between them and get obliterated by the enemy team, how is that fair? How was the DD meant to predict the cruiser? Or was the DD meant to simply play far back and not push at all? Because that's not fun for anyone.

Or how about if a cruiser pops radar and a DD tries to retreat and blocks line-of-site, but can sill be spotted and shot over the island or across the map because of the radar. Currently, it seems if a DD gets radar's they can try and dodge and hope the enemy team are bad shots or just give up.

muh realizm

Please just don't. You sound like a stupid American (not not all Americans are stupid) and this phrase completely devalues your point.

Radar ships already are priority targets to everyone with at least half of a working braincell.

As for making him spotted - why? Almost every time they will be already spotted, get spotted immediately afterwards as they shoot at you or in cover where it doesn't matter if you see them or not. For running away a simple guesstimate of "he's somewhere there" is more than good enough and you don't need anything more.

And if you want to know (see) who's radaring you while you're in a smokescreen - go f*** yourself m8

Not everyone has a braincell in this game. If you play it, you should know that.

Them being spotted would change the situations in which they are likely willing to use it and make it better at DD or cruiser hunting and worse when used to generally spam or to use as a tool of area denial. Likewise I could say, "remove the radar altogether, it's good enough to know a destroyer is somewhere there".

Radar's v smoke was the original intention of the consumable and that's 1 aspect of it I don't want to nerf so much.

1) why? Radar is primary an anti-DD tool

2) this would lead to some radars (like the PA and RU on instead of them being complete garbage

With limited consumables and a long cool-down short duration, they could only do this so many times. I'm thinking it would give a destroyer a fighting chance to get out alive. Maybe it lasts for 10-15 seconds. The radar has still worked for area denial but the destroyer has a fighting chance to live to fight another day. it's just an idea.

Don't you think destroyers have been nerfed a little far? Even Russian radar lasts a long duration with the module you can now get readily from the arsenal. PA radars can probably be exempted. They're not so OP. This post is mostly about the OP nature of US light cruisers.

You could have saved everyone elses time by simply not posting this. Every single point you made here has been made at least 50 times over the last week alone, at this point these threads are turning just into self-copying spam :fish_palm:

Well, that just highlights a real issue then doesn't it. If lots of people complain about something, it's more likely something will be done.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles

these are not brand new anymore

Released 3 weeks ago. Yes, they still are very new.

It discourages aggressive game-play and the issues will remain whether the line is new or not.

Radar isn't a new thing that arrived just now. It discourages "agressive play" just as much as it did half a year ago. What you all seem to actually have a problem with is that it asks you to start using your minimap.

And your issue of "too many radars every game" will slowly dissipate to what it was before US cruiser rework soon as the new ship hype starts dying down :cap_old:

It just seems OP to me every US cruiser ship having extremely long radar (with module even longer) with longer range than the torpedoes on most DD's and the radar out-ranges their concealment.

And to me it seems you're talking about something you have no clue about.

Out of all 10 US radars only 3 outrange the ship:

• Seattle has 0.05km longer radar than detection
  • Wooster has 0.36km longer radar than detection
  • Black has 1.7km longer radar than detection

These radars range from 7.5km (Black) to 9.9km (DM / Wooster)

The only "long" thing about them would be the duration, and that same, when it reaches at least 30s, would be:

• Cleve / Balti 30s
  • Seattle / Buffalo 35s (42s)
  • Wooster / DM 40s (48s)

And as for radar outranging torps:

271.gif

The point is Pan-asians make sacrifices for their radar by giving up smoke and don't have the ridiculous firepower of a US cruiser anyway and US radar is way better than these ones. Limit the number of radar cruisers is what I meant.

So 5x Radar-Yueyang + 5x Missouris + 2x Radar cruisers vs 2x Radar cruisers + 10x non-radar ships would be ok in your book then? That's radar cruisers limited & capped to 2, just as you asked for. Also Mino is a cruiser, and that one can still carry a radar or not.

WG has released a line which has many issues and I'm offering solutions.

The line doesn't have issues, potatoes do. Don't mix those 2 up

DD's can't push and have to play beyond their max range half the time. These ships are OP so they have to lose something to bring the game back into balance.

No they don't. What they do have to, however, is to figure out where the minimap is. Or how to move their mouse and look around. Which, apparently, is a big problem for you.

I'm offering solutions to fix a blatant issue

Well then here's a solution from me: git gud

I mean, radar is meant to counter smoke and it's done way more than just countering smoke.

Smoke AND DDs. Don't forget the DD part

I want a certain level or realism

In other words - "muh realizm" when it fits you, but "I don't want realism" when it doesn't. That's not how it works

If a cruiser can hide behind an island, pop radar, spot people 10+km away with mountains between them and get obliterated by the enemy team, how is that fair?

Wast majority of radars don't reach the range of 10km. Only Russian radars do, and that's 4 (with Stalingrad - 5) ships. And it's perfectly fair.

How was the DD meant to predict the cruiser?

By combining common sense (not as common as one would think) with the ability to look at their minimap and / or move their mouse to look around.

They do tend to take the same spots, same routes, and a general "somewhere it that-ish direction" prediction is more than good enough.

2 hours ago, Lyno_Lemon said:

Because that's not fun for anyone.

Since you keep repeating this - it's not fun for YOU, not for everyone. And for YOU it's not fun bcuz of how incapable you are to adjust and / or look around.

Or how about if a cruiser pops radar and a DD tries to retreat and blocks line-of-site, but can sill be spotted and shot over the island or across the map because of the radar.

As I said - why does the cruiser need to pop that radar? Why will it go on cooldown? Why is the range so short? But as you already mentioned yourself - you are interested only in the "muh realizm" part that fits you :fish_palm:

Currently, it seems if a DD gets radar's they can try and dodge and hope the enemy team are bad shots or just give up.

Instead of "trying" you could simply dodge. Works like a charm

With limited consumables and a long cool-down short duration, they could only do this so many times.

Are you describing a radar here? Bcuz this exact sentence fits every radar in the game.

I'm thinking it would give a destroyer a fighting chance to get out alive.

_WASDKEY.JPG

Maybe it lasts for 10-15 seconds.

Which is half or even far more than half of PA and RU radar duration. Hell it it even goes the same way for Lolanta, Indianapolis, Payfast, Cleveland, Baltimore, Black and Edinburgh. All of those radars would have to be buffed to make them usable instead of "garbage button that makes an enemy to use one of his buttons". That's 15 of the 20 current radars that would need to be buffed.

The radar has still worked for area denial but the destroyer has a fighting chance...

_WASDKEY.JPG

Don't you think destroyers have been nerfed a little far?

Most IJN DDs? Yes, those torps need some bit of love.

Literally every other DD? No, they're fine. Some ship-by-ship outliers like Ognevoi that need a buff bcuz it on its own is trash, but in general DDs are fine.

Even Russian radar lasts a long duration with the module

Donskoi / Kronstadt - 20s (24s)

Moskva / Stalingrad - 25s (30s)

If a BB can't even get the 2nd salvo off on the same radar it's not a long radar

PA radars can probably be exempted.

Yueyang has the same 20 (24) second radar as the tier 9 russian which you just called too long. So which is it then? As I said - you clearly don't know what you're talking about, jsut want to sound smarter than you are :cap_tea:

Well, that just highlights a real issue then doesn't it.

No, it just highlights how many clueless potatoes will go yelling and blaming everything except themselves for their own shortcomings

• Boring 1

[K-G-N]
Players
19 posts
6,823 battles

14 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

No, it just highlights how many clueless potatoes will go yelling and blaming everything except themselves for their own shortcomings

This kind of attitude here just shows how retarded you are. You misinterpret a post and start slinging insults and assumptions left, right and centre. The funny thing is I am probably better than you and certainly have played more games. Was hoping for a debate, not insults from a keyboard warrior.

The post is about FUN not SKILL and it is not FUN to deal with so many radars every game, but that doesn't mean I can't do it.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles
4 minutes ago, Lyno_Lemon said:

The funny thing is I am probably better than you and certainly have played more games.

Yeah, you with your below average stats are "better", obviously :fish_palm:

5 minutes ago, Lyno_Lemon said:

The post is about FUN not SKILL and it is not FUN to deal with so many radars every game, but that doesn't mean I can't do it.

As I said - if it's not fun to YOU, the fault is on YOUR end. YOU are the one unable to adapt, YOU are the one unable to look around. It's YOU, and - ironically enough - other potatoes like you.

• Funny 1

[K-G-N]
Players
19 posts
6,823 battles
42 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Yeah, you with your below average stats are "better", obviously :fish_palm:

All stats proves is someone is sad enough to care about them. Never seen my win rate and don't give a crap. I play for fun and almost always carry, unless I want to have fun in a crap ship like Mikasa or Emerald.

You really are a piece of crap who can't take criticism. Stop crying over an online thread. Once you have a braincell, come back and maybe we can talk. Until then, enjoy trolling.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles
16 minutes ago, Lyno_Lemon said:

All stats proves is someone is sad enough to care about them. Never seen my win rate and don't give a crap. I play for fun and almost always carry, unless I want to have fun in a crap ship like Mikasa or Emerald.

You don't care, and yet you went ahead with "I bet I am better"?

Also being on the bottom of the team-list isn't carrying. Sounds like you're suffering from a heavy case of Dunning-Kruger effect :cap_old:

18 minutes ago, Lyno_Lemon said:

You really are a piece of crap who can't take criticism. Stop crying over an online thread. Once you have a braincell, come back and maybe we can talk. Until then, enjoy trolling.

And yet in this thread you got your knickers in a twist as soon as someone disagreed with you? Interesting how that works