Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EGY_LORD1

How to launch 2 torpedo bomber squad at same time?

8 comments in this topic

[PHARO]
[PHARO]
Players
2 posts
1,541 battles

Many players do this with cv tire v like bogue?

Quality Poster
2,947 posts
7,933 battles

Bogue only has one torpedo Bomber squad.

Zuiho (Japanese tier V CV) however has two torpedo bomber squadrons.

SO: It's bound to different CVs.

IJN CVs have multiple torpedo bomber squadrons, USN CVs only one (apart from Midway and the two premium CVs Saipan and Enterprise)

Players
730 posts
11,481 battles

Interpreting "launch 2 torpedo bombers at the same time" as "having 2 TPB squadrons", Bogue doesn't. USN CAWs (carrier air wings, i.e. flight control mods in the game) are limited in non-premium ships to one TPB squadron with the exception of Midway. IJN CVs, OTOH, have 2 of them in Hosho and can have 2 (or more) of them, depending on the chosen CAW, from Zuiho onwards. If interpreting it as "making both squadrons take off at the same time", no carrier can do that: squadrons take off sequentially, although some can land back at the same time.

You either ended up in a battle with 2 CVs per side and wrongly thought that both TPB squadrons came from the same ship, or you got used to facing Bogues and misidentified a Zuiho with 121 (i.e., 1 fighter, 2 TPBs, 1 SDB) CAW.

Salute.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,543 posts
6,372 battles
1 hour ago, EGY_LORD1 said:

Many players do this with cv tire v like bogue?

If it's a Bogue - it's a 2 CV match and each of those TB squads is "owned" by a different player, as Bogue has only the 1-1-1 setup

At tier 5 the other CV - Zuiho - can (and usually will) have 2 TB squads at the same time. Zuiho can run 1-1-2 or 1-2-1 flight setup
Those numbers are "Fighters - TBs - DBs"

Difference, of course, is that while US CVs have 6 (7) planes in a squad, IJN CVs have just 4 (5) planes per squad

You can look at CVs possible flight setups in-game through techtree and in wiki:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Zuiho

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Bogue

Also if you plan to play CVs more - I recommend you go watch YouTube and / or Twitch of Farazelleth, there's a lot you can learn from him :cap_like:

Since you're a new player - other unasked for advice:

• RN cruisers are very newbie-unfriendly, with probably the highest non-CV skill floor in the game. Tbh it might be even higher than CVs skill floor due to their autodrops
  • RN battleships, while being perfectly fine for a newcomer, can teach you a lot of bad habits that would give you lots of problems later - playing one of the other BB lines before them may be very helpful (I'd recommend IJN or KM (German))
  • Since you have reached tier 6 CVs (Independence) it's quite important to use Alt attacks (manual attacks). You perform those (as name might suggest) by holding your Alt key - this would be explained & shown in "Faras carrier guides"

[PHARO]
[PHARO]
Players
2 posts
1,541 battles
19 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

If it's a Bogue - it's a 2 CV match and each of those TB squads is "owned" by a different player, as Bogue has only the 1-1-1 setup

At tier 5 the other CV - Zuiho - can (and usually will) have 2 TB squads at the same time. Zuiho can run 1-1-2 or 1-2-1 flight setup
Those numbers are "Fighters - TBs - DBs"

Difference, of course, is that while US CVs have 6 (7) planes in a squad, IJN CVs have just 4 (5) planes per squad

You can look at CVs possible flight setups in-game through techtree and in wiki:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Zuiho

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Bogue

Also if you plan to play CVs more - I recommend you go watch YouTube and / or Twitch of Farazelleth, there's a lot you can learn from him :cap_like:

Since you're a new player - other unasked for advice:

• RN cruisers are very newbie-unfriendly, with probably the highest non-CV skill floor in the game. Tbh it might be even higher than CVs skill floor due to their autodrops
  • RN battleships, while being perfectly fine for a newcomer, can teach you a lot of bad habits that would give you lots of problems later - playing one of the other BB lines before them may be very helpful (I'd recommend IJN or KM (German))
  • Since you have reached tier 6 CVs (Independence) it's quite important to use Alt attacks (manual attacks). You perform those (as name might suggest) by holding your Alt key - this would be explained & shown in "Faras carrier guides"

1 cv with 2 torpedo bomber this happened more than once 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,543 posts
6,372 battles
3 minutes ago, EGY_LORD1 said:

1 cv with 2 torpedo bomber this happened more than once

As stated above - those are Japanese carriers. Hosho, Zuiho, Ryujo and so on. But they have smaller squadrons than on your US CVs

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,175 battles

I guess OP´s native language isn't English, which is ok, neither is mine. But I can´t understand the question.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,543 posts
6,372 battles
57 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

I guess OP´s native language isn't English, which is ok, neither is mine. But I can´t understand the question.

He has played Langley, Bogue and Indep, all of which have flight setups with just 1 TB squad. He has seen CVs (ijn) having 2 TB squads in the air at the same time, and the question "how" makes a lot of sense coming from someone new

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this