You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

[GO NAVY!] Resource Tactics (team-switching)

183 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,020 posts
8,142 battles

Switching to the winning team:      2 additional team-containers;    +3 Loyalty (Tokens)

Switching to the losing team:         1 additional team-container;      +3 Loyalty (Tokens)

Sticking with the losing team:        0 additional team-containers;    +5 Loyalty (Tokens)

Sticking with the winning team:     1 additional team-container;      +5 Loyalty (Tokens)

--------------------------

Keep in mind though, that there will be an undefined point multiplier for the losing team, helping them to catch up before the end of the day. 

If you don't know who will win, you can ensure getting at least 1 team-container and +3 Loyalty (Tokens) by switching teams.

--------------------------

Maximizing "Tokens"

If you just want these (PERMANENT-) CAMOS, you should try to decline as many offers from the enemy team as you can. (Winning or losing, doesn’t matter.)

Switch to the other team after you reach the cap of 75 Loyalty (Tokens).

Maximizing coal+signals

If you want to maximize coal and signals,

• Accept offers from the winning team.
  • Decline offers from the losing team. 
  • If you don't know who will win, accept the offer to reduce the risk.

Purchase team-containers with your Tokens.

• Cool 12

[PUPSI]
Players
5,805 posts
Vor 1 Minute, _Helmut_Kohl_ sagte:

Maximizing "Tokens"

this will be my strategy, very simple, don't care on which team will win  :Smile_child:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,501 posts
6,358 battles

Since 75 reputation is max and you get 5 per day... 15 days with one team, then swap to the other for the rest (13?)

That's pretty much maximizing tokens

Beta Tester
2,020 posts
8,142 battles
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Since 75 reputation is max and you get 5 per day... 15 days with one team, then swap to the other for the rest (13?)

That's pretty much maximizing tokens

You are right, that information should be added.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,805 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, wilkatis_LV sagte:

you get 5 per day

only if you get an offer to change team, we don't know how often you will get one

Vor 5 Minuten, wilkatis_LV sagte:

(13?)

11 I think with 26 event days in total

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,501 posts
6,358 battles
2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

only if you get an offer to change team, we don't know how often you will get one

11 I think with 26 event days in total

Wasn't there something along the lanes of "1x each day you are playing"? Don't know where, but I've seen that going around as the "how often"

And the 13 was just a guess from 4 weeks x 7 days = 28 days long patch -> 28 -15 = 13 (but I just thought that it's already wrong as it starts on 2nd day of the patch)

So yeah, 11 or 12 are probably more accurate :cap_like:

[PUPSI]
Players
5,805 posts
Vor 1 Minute, wilkatis_LV sagte:

"1x each day you are playing"

you can get maximum one offer per day, that's how I understand it...

Vor 2 Minuten, wilkatis_LV sagte:

4 weeks x 7 days = 28 days long patch

yeah, but the event starts one day after the patch and ends one day before the next patch, so I assume 26 event days

• Cool 1

Players
2,820 posts
5,109 battles

My brain hurts. I really dont want to spend thoughts on this... yet ofc I want to maximum out of it. Just tell me what to do goddammit XD

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

Beta Tester
2,020 posts
8,142 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

My brain hurts. I really dont want to spend thoughts on this... yet ofc I want to maximum out of it. Just tell me what to do goddammit XD

Get coal:

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Players
5,805 posts
Vor 1 Minute, ForlornSailor sagte:

it depends on what you want to maximize....tokens or containers :D

[SM0KE]
Players
1,511 posts
4,967 battles

I think I'll read all this stuff again nearer the time (it goes live the end of next week, right?) - at the moment, my forlorn brain cells are rather struggling to understand it all. Probably a mixture of tiredness, and advancing years...

• Cool 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,043 posts
6,157 battles

What I really wonder it's who and why anyone would want to "lure" a player to the other team.

Players
1,460 posts
5,699 battles

"Let's make an event in the game so that the player can enjo... tryhard the sh*t out of it!"

Players
2,147 posts
3,836 battles
8 hours ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Maximizing "Tokens"

If you just want these (PERMANENT-) CAMOS, you should try to decline as many offers from the enemy team as you can. (Winning or losing, doesn’t matter.)

Switch to the other team after you reach the cap of 75 Loyalty (Tokens).

Maximizing coal+signals

If you want to maximize coal and signals,

Nice strategy.

But what if you wanna get max from all around? If we wanna get that perma camo for Des Memes, + as much signals as possible.

Beta Tester
2,020 posts
8,142 battles
10 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Nice strategy.

But what if you wanna get max from all around? If we wanna get that perma camo for Des Memes, + as much signals as possible.

If you want the perma-camo without spending money on premium containers, you should maximize Tokens. That will still get you lots team-containers, containing coal and signals. 

Players
248 posts
1,332 battles

Yep, nice strategy! Because I don't play every day by any stretch, I'm going to see how long it takes me to get to the 25-loyalty threshold for Eagles (enough tokens for the flag and some expendable camps), and see whether I still have a realistic prospect of getting to the 50 threshold. If not, I'll switch to maximising containers.

8 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

What I really wonder it's who and why anyone would want to "lure" a player to the other team.

I guess more players on your team, the more likely you are to win that day? Also, if everyone on average sends out more invites, everyone on average gets more stuff. If everyone sends as many invites as feasible, we're all likely to benefit.

Players
112 posts

If one team gets lots of players, other team will lose of course at start. Then the compensation ratio will kick in and they will start to catch up.

But I think unbalanced count of players may affect battle (matchmaker) waiting times.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,805 posts
Vor 20 Minuten, Zimbit sagte:

But I think unbalanced count of players may affect battle (matchmaker) waiting times.

why? there will be sharks and eagles in both teams, it is not only sharks on the one team and only eagles on the other team...

Vor 3 Stunden, 10ThousandThings sagte:

If everyone sends as many invites as feasible, we're all likely to benefit.

but are those invites really sent by players? I thought the invites are sent by the game itself...

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,108 posts
11,251 battles
19 hours ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Switching to the winning team:      2 additional team-containers;    +3 Loyalty (Tokens)

Switching to the losing team:         1 additional team-container;      +3 Loyalty (Tokens)

Sticking with the losing team:        0 additional team-containers;    +5 Loyalty (Tokens)

Sticking with the winning team:     1 additional team-container;      +5 Loyalty (Tokens)

To be honest I don't understand the reasoning behind this. Shouldn't sticking to and switching to the losing team yield better results as sticking to and switching to the winning team if you want competitive, even distribution of teams? Else let the winning-team-joining and landslide victories beginn.

• Cool 2

Players
112 posts
15 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

why? there will be sharks and eagles in both teams, it is not only sharks on the one team and only eagles on the other team...

but are those invites really sent by players? I thought the invites are sent by the game itself...

Ok my bad. I really tought blues vs reds...

Thanks.

Players
2,147 posts
3,836 battles
11 hours ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

If you want the perma-camo without spending money on premium containers, you should maximize Tokens. That will still get you lots team-containers, containing coal and signals. 

That sound like nice idea, yes.

I wonder how much those premium containers will cost. I assume like American one, around 4-5€ each.

What if I get 75 tokens for loyalty and whiich is cap as you say, and I still need that perma camo and keep getting invites from other team? Should I join after hiting cap of 75?

Players
2,147 posts
3,836 battles
28 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I dont think thats how it works. You have Sharks on one team (blue), and Eagles on another (red). They are not mixed. You can switch from one to another but you are no longer member of i.e. Eagles if you was there previous.

Beta Tester
2,020 posts
8,142 battles
24 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

To be honest I don't understand the reasoning behind this. Shouldn't sticking to and switching to the losing team yield better results as sticking to and switching to the winning team if you want competitive, even distribution of teams? Else let the winning-team-joining and landslide victories beginn.

Because of the unknown multiplier that helps the losing team catching up, you might never know who will win in the end... 

It is also really stupid that you get +3 Loyalty for your new team after switching.

But that is how they did it.