Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Oskar5130

Ships and tech trees from smaller navys

5 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1 post
1,204 battles

I just wondered if the developers will add other tech trees or just seperate ships from other smaller navys into the game. Because I have heard people talk a bit about adding a Dutch tech tree, and we already have Italy and Poland as seperate nations even though they don’t have a tech tree. Or will they take a bunch of smaller navys and add them together like the pan-asian tech tree? Because I think some seperate nations MAYBE have enough ship classes for their own tech tree. For example the Dutch navy, Swedish Navy have some from the beginning of the 20th Century but also from the later period of this century. 

That’s my biggest question:cap_book:

4 answers to this question

[BGNAV]
Players
226 posts
3,147 battles

I prefer to have other modes of battles instead of more ships because theres already that many ships and with each new one there are less and less differences so only the name will start to be the different soon.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,546 posts
6,375 battles

If those navies were small it's more likely they'd be added as a "Pan-European" or "Pan-American" trees (similarly to the already existing Pan-Asian one)

But as it has been said before - ship existed & fits the theme + time period of the game? Sooner or later it will most likely be added

[AS13]
Players
1,135 posts
1,552 battles

Well, the Dutch navy, great as it was in the Golden Age, was pretty much neutered in the WOWs era.

The Dutch royals were related to the German kaiser... WW1 was spent in neutrality. 

The Netherlands thought they could spend a WW2 also in jneutrality... but they were wrong...

Remember the Wall Street Crash, many Dutch rich people lost heaps of money - taxes, even when harsh, did not yield much revenue.

The Dutch governement even had to lend money... building big BBs was not on the top priority list... (neither was a strong airforce).

The Germans Roflstomped over Holland in a few days. And all we had were some cruisres, really. 

Not built how the navy woud have liked, but built how the politicians thought affordable.

Yes some of them were good, some of them even very modern. But none of them were top of the line. 

Japan also just Roflstomped the Dutch east-Indies. Not much to be done about it against that kind of force.

Some Dutch ships were famous in WW2, but more due to courage and good fighting than to being top dog. 

The De Ruyter moght make an interesting CL, maybe. But (from the Wiki-page):

De Ruyter was designed during the Great Depression, which, in addition to being a period of economical depression, was also a period in which pacifism was widespread in the Netherlands.

For these reasons, the design was officially called a flottieljeleider (flotilla leader) instead of a cruiser, and every effort was made to cut costs.

Its function was to aid the two existing cruisers of the Java class in the defence of the Dutch East Indies; the idea was that with three cruisers, there would always be two cruisers available, even if one cruiser had to be repaired.

However, due to the cost-cutting policy that went into her design, De Ruyter was not quite up to her task. Her main battery (7 × 150 mm guns) was underpowered in comparison to other light cruisers of the time (for example the British Leander class), and the class had inadequate armour as well and lacked long range anti-aircraft guns. However, her fire control system was excellent.

We did have some more CLs, and a few DDs. But that was it, I think...

There may have been 'paper ships' (as they didn't cost money then...).

Sign in to follow this