You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nautical_Metaphor

AA Defense rating / Farragut AA troll build?

4 comments in this topic

Question

Players
878 posts
7,720 battles

Hi,

in Port, on the top right of the screen, you get this kind of summary table with numerical ratings for any given ship's Survivability, Artillery, Concealment etc., serving as rough-and-ready performance indicators. For example, my B-Hull Farragut currently sits at an AA rating of 20. It has no AA Mod 2 and no Commander skills that increase the AA power. In contrast, my Atlanta with AA Mod 2, AFT Commander skill reaches 79 with an AA Signal flag.

Is the formula known that is used to calculate this numerical AA Defense rating?

And how high can you push the Farragut?

AA_troll.jpg

3 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,572 posts
6,401 battles

Those stats are more inaccurate than looking at the shape of 2 ships and saying “they look similar, must be the same ship type” - even tho 1 is a cruiser and 1 is a BB

Cross-comparisons between ships by looking at them are pretty much impossible. I’ve seen ships with lower (better) detection range having lower (worse) concealment points and so on.

All comparisons you can make are between 2 identical ships (so your Farragut vs another Farragut - are you both running the same stuff on no?)

Also if you have momotized all the numbers for CVs aircraft rating you can guess which flight setup he has before the game has started

That’s literally all it can do

Sailing Hamster
2,336 posts
9,258 battles

Ignore the ratings you see there completely. They don’t tell you anything and AA skills or modules don’t have any „formula“ that influences this. They influence the range and DPS values of AA guns, which are the actual values determining how fast and how far you will shoot down any planes. 

To come back to your question somewhat, with C hull and relevant captain skills you can push the Farragut to be a quite capable AA ship, but it’s not in any way worth what you would need to give up. 

[AS13]
Players
1,204 posts
1,575 battles
On 20-7-2018 at 2:57 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

I’ve seen ships with lower (better) detection range having lower (worse) concealment points and so on.

I know why....