You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AhnKahet

The Ultimate Failure

38 comments in this topic

[RDB]
[RDB]
Players
2 posts
1,195 battles

*edit

Edited by Mlddim
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,166 battles
2 minutes ago, AhnKahet said:

I was just wondering why and how is it possible that people suck so freaking much at it?

Just because you switch to a different gamemode doesn't mean the playerbase improves.

The vast majority of players is simply abysmal.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[BABBY]
Players
241 posts
5,857 battles

According to some elitists here, if you fail at this op reguralry, you're clearly part of the problem and should git gud. /s

The truth is the average PvE player is somewhere around 500 WTR and 42ish % WR and the bots have been tweaked to actually be a challenge because unicums and 7-man teams cried it was too easy. So now we have to deal with the results.

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, AhnKahet sagte:

Its unbelievable that a simple op like that can be failed so many times over and over again.

if it so simple then you should be able win it alone... 

• Funny 2

[RDB]
[RDB]
Players
2 posts
1,195 battles
8 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

if it so simple then you should be able win it alone... 

that comment though

• Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
13,681 posts
10,389 battles
1 hour ago, BlackYeti said:

According to some elitists here, if you fail at this op reguralry, you're clearly part of the problem and should git gud. /s

The truth is the average PvE player is somewhere around 500 WTR and 42ish % WR and the bots have been tweaked to actually be a challenge because unicums and 7-man teams cried it was too easy. So now we have to deal with the results.

The bots are not the problem...

Players ignoring objectives or standing still in the repair area are...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BABBY]
Players
241 posts
5,857 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And which one of those do you think is easier to change? Adjust the difficulty (separate hard mode) or wait till all the players git gud?

• Cool 2

[_MIA_]
Players
2,945 posts
5,366 battles

I think the easiest solution would be when bots wouldnt focus fire at all times.

If u are weak u will get spammed down by HE shells. Maybe the DDs shouldnt shoot constantly either.

Players
2,903 posts
5,171 battles
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The repair circle is an indicator - it shows the ***** players. What ive witnessed today was again... beyond normal. Im not sure which to vote most insane. A DoY going back in the harbour from spawn, beaching and sitting there for 20 mins? 2 Radar cruiseres letting themself get obliterated from the first 2 DDs that spawn 50 sec in the game?

[CATS]
Players
13,681 posts
10,389 battles
3 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

And which one of those do you think is easier to change? Adjust the difficulty (separate hard mode) or wait till all the players git gud?

If you want operations that ALL players can win, then WG has to introduce an operation were you have to survive for 10 seconds to win. Do you want that?

Apart from the fact that you cannot expect any meaningful rewards there...

Some operations will always be too hard for some people.

• Boring 1

[BABBY]
Players
241 posts
5,857 battles
16 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

If you want operations that ALL players can win, then WG has to introduce an operation were you have to survive for 10 seconds to win. Do you want that?

Apart from the fact that you cannot expect any meaningful rewards there...

Some operations will always be too hard for some people.

Well, somehow they managed to release this op in a fairly balanced state at the beginning, and then they proceeded to fix what wasn't broken. I agree that Narai was a little too easy, especially with certain ships and builds but UF didn't need changing, at least not much. I don't want to win every time but in this op you can be going for 5 stars and then fail in the last minute because the Aerodrome is made of tissue paper and balsa wood. And this is just one example. In Narai you could be aggressive and be properly rewarded for it, here if you're aggressive it means you'll only get focused and die first. If you play passive then you're stuck at repair zone and can't move because there are waves coming constantly from all sides that weren't dealt with early enough.

Again, I don't want  an auto-win op, I want one that is less frustrating to play. I (and many many more like me) play PvE to unwind, not to challenge and frustrate myself.

• Cool 6

[SCRUB]
Players
1,879 posts
30 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

Simple solution is to play in division or wait week till next Operation. And if this Operation some players find too difficult, they can always play Co-op.

Everyone can get 5 star once if they play certain number of battles - given RNG and team they end up some get it sooner then others. And although getting 5 stars every time is nice to grind XP it should not be efortless. Same as with missions or campaigns - some are harder then others.

If people find this one difficult - I wonder what they are going to say about new incarnation of Narai...

• Boring 1

Players
1,481 posts
5,743 battles
11 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

Well, somehow they managed to release this op in a fairly balanced state at the beginning, and then they proceeded to fix what wasn't broken. I agree that Narai was a little too easy, especially with certain ships and builds but UF didn't need changing, at least not much. I don't want to win every time but in this op you can be going for 5 stars and then fail in the last minute because the Aerodrome is made of tissue paper and balsa wood. And this is just one example. In Narai you could be aggressive and be properly rewarded for it, here if you're aggressive it means you'll only get focused and die first. If you play passive then you're stuck at repair zone and can't move because there are waves coming constantly from all sides that weren't dealt with early enough.

Again, I don't want  an auto-win op, I want one that is less frustrating to play. I (and many many more like me) play PvE to unwind, not to challenge and frustrate myself.

+1

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,126 posts
2,202 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

And bot behavior is scripted. Play this OP enough times and you should be able to predict what is coming at you and when.

Players need to understand you win stars by completing objectives NOT by killing every red ship that appears. So many players yolo off to kill stuff, and ignore what you are actually asked to do. Its there in text AND the voice over, cheesy as it is, tells you what to do. 

I'm really not sure what else WG can do to give people clues as to what to do.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
2,903 posts
5,171 battles
1 hour ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Players need to understand you win stars by completing objectives NOT by killing every red ship that appears. So many players yolo off to kill stuff, and ignore what you are actually asked to do. Its there in text AND the voice over, cheesy as it is, tells you what to do. 

Add to that: They need to understand, you dont win stars by trying to avoid any scratch to their full-HP-BB at all cost and at any time!

• Funny 1

Players
2,800 posts
15,398 battles

This version of Ultimate frontier is vary hard to beat with random team. So far I tried mayby 10  times, and only one was victory. Anyway you must have a lot of luck and carry as much as possible.

shot-18_07.20_20_25.38-0288.jpg.8e174ab4a24c509595d9a16ff98f3513.jpg

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,196 posts
4,348 battles

Well, it says a lot about the playerbase when the operation became unplayable, merely because bots aren't complete crap anymore. It isn't even that they cheat or something and autocitadel any cruiser or war around the battlefield, it's mostly that most people playing this op have no clue how to play. And frankly, rather than see this op "fixed", I'd rather have WG stop encouraging ever dumber gameplay. Because it isn't that much better in randoms (or Ranked for that matter). The game would be far less frustrating.

[AS13]
Players
1,191 posts
1,575 battles
10 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Well, it says a lot about the playerbase when the operation became unplayable, merely because bots aren't complete crap anymore. It isn't even that they cheat or something and autocitadel any cruiser or war around the battlefield, it's mostly that most people playing this op have no clue how to play. And frankly, rather than see this op "fixed", I'd rather have WG stop encouraging ever dumber gameplay. Because it isn't that much better in randoms (or Ranked for that matter). The game would be far less frustrating.

You mean 'no clue' as in, when they shoot the first DD they see with all that they have,

so the second DD gets to torp all of them without a shot fired?

I think it will never change... which is good for WoWS, new players apparently keep coming in.

It would be assumptious to think they just stay dumb. 

[POI--]
Players
3,196 posts
4,348 battles
2 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

You mean 'no clue' as in, when they shoot the first DD they see with all that they have,

so the second DD gets to torp all of them without a shot fired?

I think it will never change... which is good for WoWS, new players apparently keep coming in.

It would be assumptious to think they just stay dumb. 

Frankly, the main issue is that most people manage to keep dying to bots or hug the repair zone that is completely removing them from the fight. People also at times just fail to take out the AA cruisers, because who could be bothered to kill that Atlanta in the top right corner? As people said before, many folks don't get the objectives, just like many in randoms don't understand what the hell a cap zone is.

And it is not exactly good for the game that it's a downward trend towards dumber gameplay, nor good for WG. If there is inbuild frustration in the economy of the game, for example, yes, WG can cash in on that by selling premium time, but if it's just frustrating to click battle, what are they going to sell for that?

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,191 posts
1,575 battles
25 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Frankly, the main issue is that most people manage to keep dying to bots or hug the repair zone that is completely removing them from the fight. People also at times just fail to take out the AA cruisers, because who could be bothered to kill that Atlanta in the top right corner? As people said before, many folks don't get the objectives, just like many in randoms don't understand what the hell a cap zone is.

And it is not exactly good for the game that it's a downward trend towards dumber gameplay, nor good for WG. If there is inbuild frustration in the economy of the game, for example, yes, WG can cash in on that by selling premium time, but if it's just frustrating to click battle, what are they going to sell for that?

After tier 6 they probably understand... else it would take 5 years to get to that.

It's more likely the objects were just no fun, and killing ships like idiots is more attractive.

Sort of 'you pay peanuts, you get monkeys'. 

[POI--]
Players
3,196 posts
4,348 battles
36 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

After tier 6 they probably understand... else it would take 5 years to get to that.

It's more likely the objects were just no fun, and killing ships like idiots is more attractive.

Sort of 'you pay peanuts, you get monkeys'. 

I do not compute. As far as I see, you think people actually get decent after T5 or 6? We are talking about a T7 operation here and you can find these folks even at T10.

And given how rewards are, accomplishing nothing in a T10 and losing is pretty much just a waste of credits, I don't know how much more you can reward capping.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
8 hours ago, BlackYeti said:

So basically average pve player is bot  with heartbeat?

• Boring 1

[4_0_4]
Players
3,792 posts
10,368 battles
9 hours ago, AhnKahet said:

I was just wondering why and how is it possible that people suck so freaking much at it? Its unbelievable that a simple op like that can be failed so many times over and over again. Whats wrong with peoples brains?

8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Just because you switch to a different gamemode doesn't mean the playerbase improves.

The vast majority of players is simply abysmal.

Pretty much this. The majority of the "better" players play those scenarios until the got a few 5 stars and then procced to play other modes. They might return with a division or if they`re bored, but generally the playerbase for these scenarios isn`t the "best".

[AS13]
Players
1,191 posts
1,575 battles
18 hours ago, Riselotte said:

I do not compute. As far as I see, you think people actually get decent after T5 or 6? We are talking about a T7 operation here and you can find these folks even at T10.

And given how rewards are, accomplishing nothing in a T10 and losing is pretty much just a waste of credits, I don't know how much more you can reward capping.

Yes that is sort of what I mean. 

Ah well, my experience in T10 is limited to two games with a fail division,

but I understood that if you suck you'll run out of silver, so much that you cannot even repair the ship.

What I mean, I'll try to explain better.

In Tier 5 you still make progress - but it does not take just a few games to get to tier 6 and 7.

The people playing there usually have ~1000 games under their belt. 

They know (or should by now have found out) that games can be won by capping and performing other tasks.

Some never do, indeed you can also find them in T10 (I saw a lot of them already in those 2 games). 

But that is not the point. They SHOULD know and DO know what capping is after T5, or so. 

So... what is the problem then.... at least, what do I think it is... 

Then why do they not follow the objectives? Of course you do get some stupid idiots. 

But I do not think they are stupid players. I think they are players that already HAVE the five stars.

And what they want now is KILL KILL KILL for padding their stats and/or XP and grinding more ships. 

I see it in T6 operations too - they forget the objective (like, half of the surviving ships have to make it to exit, or you fail).

And why, because they want to farm the damage on the bots. You feed peanuts (bananas), then you get monkeys.

The XP gained from killing ships is much higher than the benefits from the stars (which they already have). 

I do not think you get dumber playerbase. The 5 stars are just no longer good after you already had them.

Either you get new players (haven't played the operation befopre at all), or you get XP-farmers. 

Make it more interesting to get the 5 stars AGAIN than to killl kill kill, problem solved.

As is, completing again with 5 stars gets you PEANUTS / BANANAS. But killing as many as possible does.

I wonder if we can see when somebody is 'harvesting' the operations. I am, but I find it no fun without playing the objectives. 

MAYBE make it so that when NOT 5 stars you get (for 1 star) 1/5th of the kill XP?

18 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

Pretty much this. The majority of the "better" players play those scenarios until the got a few 5 stars and then procced to play other modes. They might return with a division or if they`re bored, but generally the playerbase for these scenarios isn`t the "best".

I think the big lot of them already has the 5 stars. And then all they do is damage farming. 

Which is better in operations, as you know where ships appear. 

I'm pretty sure they're not all THAT dumb. But i have seen some go off to keep that juicy carrier to themselves and such.

Then they heal up, and off they go for the next juicy one. Tripping over eachother to get that last kill. 

And not 'wasting' a shot at that (hey I have only Tier 6 OK) DD that is about to kill the CV. 

Because it has only 5HP, so they shoot the juicy CL instead even if it's not a threat. 

Is there anywhere we can see if those 'failing idiots' already have 5 stars?

[4_0_4]
Players
3,792 posts
10,368 battles
2 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I think the big lot of them already has the 5 stars. And then all they do is damage farming. 

Which is better in operations, as you know where ships appear. 

And what excatly is the worth in farming damage in a scenario?

Sure, you might get good rewards, but only if you get a 4-5 stars.

I don`t think scenarios can be used to pad your stats.