You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

What sights do you guys use?

46 comments in this topic

[SV3]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles

I was just wondering if i somehow can up my game even further just by changing to a better sight? I watch a lot of YT videos from CC´s and streams where they almost seem to hit perfect every time and the sights seem to be on point at all times. Now i changes up the sights ive used a couple of times because i dont want to have to take a monster lead to hit my targets and i want as accurate information in my sights as possible.

What i can tell, it looks like a lot of players use a sight where the gradient bar stops at 15, and what i can tell that is the normal sight nr.2 but i seem to get a whole other experience using it compared to what i have seen others having. I even tried the other option of sights (the ones that are supposed to change to your zoom?)

My problems is that shooting at targets at range i usually have to zoom out a click or two to even see the target in the sight, and also i feel like i dont have any help at all frm the sight gradient (?) bars to the point that i almost only use my gut feelings to know where to shoot.

I guess i just wanna know your thought about this and if someone else feel the same?

And what sights are you guys using and why?

[ONE2]
Players
2,292 posts
13,551 battles

Just the regular very basic stock sight for now, but I was planning to give the dynamic sight a try this weekend. We'll see how that goes. :cap_hmm:

I have tried the fancier ones too, but found them too distracting. :Smile_amazed:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,584 posts
7,055 battles

I never look at numbers or calculate. 

[DAVY]
Beta Tester
72 posts
3,397 battles

Just use stock sight as I use dynamic crosshair

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,292 posts
13,551 battles
8 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I never look at numbers or calculate. 

:Smile_amazed:Heretic!:Smile_teethhappy:

[SV3]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles

I tried the dynamic ones but either i dont understand how they are supposed to work or im just doing it wrong but i dont really like those.

The thing is that i see a whole lot of Youtubers and streamers use the sight that goes up to 15 on the horisontal scale and they seem to be able to almost aim in the bow or the aft and land their shots while i need to zoom out 2 clicks from maxed zoomed in and still aim so i hadly even see the target in the shot to land my shots.

So im also at the point where i pretty much guess-timate my shots.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,836 posts
5,313 battles
5 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I tried the dynamic ones but either i dont understand how they are supposed to work or im just doing it wrong but i dont really like those.

Static crosshair is based on 20 kts, while dynamic is based on 30 kts speed.

F.e. u lead a hightier BB which is prolly around 30 kts, and shell travel time is 7 secs lets say. With the dynamic crosshair the shells will roughly go where the 7 is. With the Static Crosshair it would be around 10~11.

• Cool 4

[ASEET]
Players
191 posts
6,514 battles

At first I used the static crosshair, but after getting to tier 7 iirc, it started to be annoying to aim with it and to always check that I was using the "right" amount of zoom.

Now I use the dynamic crosshair because the numbers scale with the zoom, sure I had to re-learn the aim point. But now 10 is always 10 on the scale and not "maybe 7 or 10", no more missed salvoes bc of "wrong" zoom, it's all on me if I hit or miss.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles

Dynamic....it "counts" 30 knots which is much more precize than static with 20...also USA moon arcs and some others demands zoom out when firing and dynamic here have upper hand

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,673 posts
9,762 battles

I use the dynamic (Nomogram) sight from Aslain's modpack. Having the aim bar divided into 30 kn and 20 kn measurements is a godsend.

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
154 posts

Dynamic. Just remember it's based on 30 knots not 20 like static

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,644 posts
13,071 battles

Stock sight ever since the start of CBT. I've gotten used to just shooting by "feeling", so when I tried the dynamic crosshair it irritated me more than it helped.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
6,884 posts
9,129 battles

Sticking to the normal static crosshair, if only because my Eyeball Mk.1 is properly configurated for it and I don't want to mess around with unlearning all of that to switch to the Dynamic version just for a little less lead.

• Cool 2

Players
248 posts
1,332 battles

Am I right in thinking you still have to scale for distance (though not zoom) on the dynamic sight? I remember reading/hearing that it was calibrated for 30 knots at 15 km, so if the target is at e.g. 10 km, you need to take a bit more (I think...) lead.

I much prefer the dynamic sights, but I think I need to get better and remembering ships' top speeds... I often seem to not take enough lead.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,762 posts
6,397 battles

Dynamic here.

I play on a very horrible 4:3 screen, so I usually have to zoom out quite a lot on faster targets and targets at range, and the dynamic is great for that. Also I've gotten used to its graduation I find very practical.

I do have some trouble leading on angled targets sometimes, though.

[SV3]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles

Damn, i guess i will need to give Dynamic another try then. Of course its always better to just be able to shoot based on gut feeling and skill but at the same time i always like to use the aim bar as a reference then i aim

Btw @El2aZeR , that small b/w animation you have down to the right in your posts, did you do that? Its pretty epic!

Players
248 posts
1,332 battles

iChaseGaming's recent 'how not to suck' video contains a useful section on how to use the dynamic sights effectively. It would be nice if he was demonstrating it in something other than a Roma, but it's a clear explanation of the principle at least.

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
6,733 battles

Stock since the beginning.

17 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Btw @El2aZeR , that small b/w animation you have down to the right in your posts, did you do that? Its pretty epic!

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,644 posts
13,071 battles
40 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

did you do that? Its pretty epic!

I made the gif but not the animation.

Original can be found here:

Spoiler

If you're wondering what it's about, it's a long running indie game series called "Touhou".

It's also :etc_swear:ing insane.

Don't look at the character art for too long tho. You'll bleed your eyes out.

EDIT:

Fug, ninja'd.

Oh, well, have the version I prefer instead:

• Cool 2

Players
596 posts
7,262 battles

I actually do not know. The one I have always used since day one. At this point I do not really look at the speed notches anyway.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,871 posts

Heart_Silver_Red_R.jpg

Pair of glasses, as usuall...

-1 left, -1.25 right. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,501 posts
6,358 battles

So many Dynamics, ewww :Smile_teethhappy:

Static, Type 7 I think. The one with all the angled lines. 

I’m too used to static to bother with the dynamic, and those angled lines are great for spotter planes. Also I’m quick at maths so I don’t even need to think about calculating the lead I’ll need, it just happens. 

[W-C]
Players
302 posts
1,446 battles

Dynamic for me... but only to adjust the lead for subsequent salvos if necessary. Eyeball + instinct seems to work fine for the first salvo in most cases... and tends to be faster than (my) mental maths :Smile-_tongue: