Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VeryHonarbrah

CW mm - second teams

17 comments in this topic

Players
130 posts
6,045 battles

So we are running 2 teams, 1 is drifting in and out of the struggle upwards into the storm league with our second in the 3rd group of the gale. I understand our alpha team facing teams in the league above us, however our second team faces storm league teams almost every match. Our second team isn't on massive win streaks or has a very high wr, so I dont see why its facing teams that our in the leagues above us, with them not even being in the struggle downwards ect ect. So I was wondering if both teams have the same mm, and wondered why should we have separate ratings if we face the same opponents.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,124 posts
2,192 battles

No teams have different MM. Our bravo team in in the squall league, and gets MM against same league clans. Our Alpha team is in gale and gets MM against gale league teams.

You could be getting matches against higher league teams if there aren;t enough teams in the higer leagues to give them matches, so MM has to search lower leagues for opponents. At least thats the way I understand it works.

Players
130 posts
6,045 battles
6 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

No teams have different MM. Our bravo team in in the squall league, and gets MM against same league clans. Our Alpha team is in gale and gets MM against gale league teams.

You could be getting matches against higher league teams if there aren;t enough teams in the higer leagues to give them matches, so MM has to search lower leagues for opponents. At least thats the way I understand it works.

I am questioning that, we are group 3 and we just faced ECHHI

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,562 posts
6,392 battles
2 hours ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

however our second team faces storm league teams almost every match

Colour of their clan-tag in post battle is shown by "clans rating", a.k.a. the highest rating.

You may have A team in Hurricane and B team in Bronze, if you then play the B team those Bronze teams you meet will think they magically are fighting Hurricane

For your case - your B team (low silver) is fighting other B teams (low to mid silver) whos main rating is quite a bit higher, hence the gold tag.

B teams were a really great idea, weren't they?

[SCRUB]
Players
6,933 posts
9,129 battles

Apparently all the clans still in Squall or Gale league stopped playing or some such, because our clan is also only facing clans of equal or higher league ranking ... the last time we faced a team ranked lower was a week ago if the CB transcripts are correct.

It's like tier VIII MM all over again :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm more baffled at the seemingly random points gain/loss. Today we lost a game against an equal ranking Storm league clan and lost 21 points ... next match we fought a Typhoon league clan, won and only got 21 points for it. You'd think that beating a higher ranked clan would give more points than what you'd lose against an equally ranked clan.

WG math, stronk.

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
39 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Apparently all the clans still in Squall or Gale league stopped playing or some such, because our clan is also only facing clans of equal or higher league ranking ... the last time we faced a team ranked lower was a week ago if the CB transcripts are correct.

It's like tier VIII MM all over again :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm more baffled at the seemingly random points gain/loss. Today we lost a game against an equal ranking Storm league clan and lost 21 points ... next match we fought a Typhoon league clan, won and only got 21 points for it. You'd think that beating a higher ranked clan would give more points than what you'd lose against an equally ranked clan.

WG math, stronk.

I think a lot of the weirdness people see is from the way the new alpha/bravo system works. You might have beaten what was shown as a typhoon league clan with their gale/storm league bravo team.

Which is also why those lower league clans see so many teams they don't expect to face.

While I like how you can "chill" out with a bravo team, try new things and the like, I'm not sure it's good for the game mode.

[SCRUB]
Players
820 posts
7,113 battles

Our alpha team hasn't faced a team below them in 30+ games. Always a higher team, this season's MM is screwed. In about 125 total games we've only faced lower ranked teams 10-15 times. 

Bravo team has fared a little better, but still for the most part faces clans that are ranked higher. (About 65% in this case.) 

[BYOB]
Players
2,694 posts
9,853 battles
2 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

I'm not sure it's good for the game mode.

It's not good for anyone but high league seal clubbers making life hard for lower league teams trying to advance. Because a Hurricane team chilling and wiping the floor with a team that will never advance past lower Storm is just bad design.

• Cool 2

[HOME]
Players
580 posts
7,635 battles

To me it seems this season has stagnated. Everyone is probably afraid to lose their position so they're just playing their B ratings to gain the goodies. Atleast in Storm 1, Typhoon 1,2,3 and Hurricane I've seen little to no movement the past two weeks.

[SCRUB]
Players
820 posts
7,113 battles
Just now, GarrusBrutus said:

To me it seems this season has stagnated. Everyone is probably afraid to lose their position so they're just playing their B ratings to gain the goodies. Atleast in Storm 1, Typhoon 1,2,3 and Hurricane I've seen little to no movement the past two weeks.

I'd say this is likely the case. This is also exaggerated by the fact that when you beat a Typhoon's Bravo team, you only get the points value of their Bravo rank, so you've just worked your [edited]off against top level players for relatively little gain. Making it even more stagnated and absolutely preventing smaller, lower level clans from moving up, and most Gale or Squall clans appear to have simply stopped playing as a result. 

Really starting to think this Bravo team idea needs to be abolished or massively reformed. There's actually a lot about this season that I think needs to be looked at. (Don't even get me started on Worcesters or the incredibly irritating 6x Moskva, that ship in those numbers breaks all balance after it received buffs it should never have got.) 

• Cool 3

[HOME]
Players
580 posts
7,635 battles
1 minute ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

I'd say this is likely the case. This is also exaggerated by the fact that when you beat a Typhoon's Bravo team, you only get the points value of their Bravo rank, so you've just worked your [edited]off against top level players for relatively little gain. Making it even more stagnated and absolutely preventing smaller, lower level clans from moving up, and most Gale or Squall clans appear to have simply stopped playing as a result. 

Really starting to think this Bravo team idea needs to be abolished or massively reformed. There's actually a lot about this season that I think needs to be looked at. (Don't even get me started on Worcesters or the incredibly irritating 6x Moskva, that ship in those numbers breaks all balance after it received buffs it should never have got.) 

In previous seasons you'd lose 25 points if you lost against a lower placed team and only about 10 when you lost from a higher placed team. This season however every loss is 20-25 points. So where in previous seasons you could actually progress through the ranks with a negative winrate, that is just impossible now.

Result? Stagnation of clans going up the higher ranks and people getting bored by the lack of progress.

So far I'm not pleased with this whole "Bravo team" thing in its current state. A good idea maybe but it needs some modification to actually improve the rating-system and fair matchmaking.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
820 posts
7,113 battles
8 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

In previous seasons you'd lose 25 points if you lost against a lower placed team and only about 10 when you lost from a higher placed team. This season however every loss is 20-25 points. So where in previous seasons you could actually progress through the ranks with a negative winrate, that is just impossible now.

Result? Stagnation of clans going up the higher ranks and people getting bored by the lack of progress.

So far I'm not pleased with this whole "Bravo team" thing in its current state. A good idea maybe but it needs some modification to actually improve the rating-system and fair matchmaking.

Definitely been seeing this as well. Only getting 20 points for beating Typhoon level Bravo teams and losing 25 against those same teams. We had one bad streak on Sunday dropping us two groups, we still haven't recovered. Despite the fact that we have a positive WR between all games from Sunday-Wednesday-Thursday. 

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Players
580 posts
7,635 battles
3 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Definitely been seeing this as well. Only getting 20 points for beating Typhoon level Bravo teams and losing 25 against those same teams. We had one bad streak on Sunday dropping us two groups, we still haven't recovered. Despite the fact that we have a positive WR between all games from Sunday-Wednesday-Thursday. 

In theory a losing streak of lets say five games can cost you anywhere from 50 to 125 points depending on which rating the oponents are playing for. But you cannot see that when youre playing against them. Sure, the number of points might indicate wether youre playing against bravo or alpha but the system isnt transparant. So players sometimes feel very disapointed with the amount of points they have either gained or lost.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
820 posts
7,113 battles
9 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

In theory a losing streak of lets say five games can cost you anywhere from 50 to 125 points depending on which rating the oponents are playing for. But you cannot see that when youre playing against them. Sure, the number of points might indicate wether youre playing against bravo or alpha but the system isnt transparant. So players sometimes feel very disapointed with the amount of points they have either gained or lost.

Yeah, sometimes it's more obvious but it takes a minute to actually work out. For example, in our last game today we fought a Typhoon clan and beat them, they were Typhoon III while we are currently Storm II, we only got 21 points for the win, suggesting that we fought a bravo team, as beating a ranking two groups and a league higher should have netted us about 30 points. 

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

It's not good for anyone but high league seal clubbers making life hard for lower league teams trying to advance. Because a Hurricane team chilling and wiping the floor with a team that will never advance past lower Storm is just bad design.

It's actually a bit problematic for those a little below the fully dedicated "elite" clans, as it takes longer to fully spread out the clans making it more manageable to get into typhoon for the "not so elite but still somewhat competitive" clans.

As for the very highest level clans, they already did it in the last two seasons by making secondary clans to train and test in.

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

It would be a very easy fix to add Alpha or Bravo to the clan listing.

Preferably I'd like to see bravo teams only facing other bravo teams.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
6,933 posts
9,129 battles
5 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

Preferably I'd like to see bravo teams only facing other bravo teams.

Probably not going to happen though because MM population concerns. Unless a lot of higher ranked clans are deliberately smurfing with Bravo teams there wouldn't be enough team around to match against, which in turn would defeat the intended purpose of allowing clans to field the Bravo team as a learning experience for lesser experienced members.

A small remedy might be to give Alpha team clans beating a Bravo team based on a higher league clan bonus points based on their Alpha ranking.

So say a Gale League clan Alpha team faces a Gale League Bravo team which is based on a clan whose Alpha ranking is say in Storm, you get the normal points for the victory plus say a 1/4 - 1/3 of the points you'd get from winning against the Alpha team as a bonus (which should amount to 7-10 bonus points depending on the ranking difference).

And it should definately say at least at the end of the round if you fought an Alpha or Bravo team!

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this