Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
cookiemonster66

Summer Sale Ships's 50% off

35 comments in this topic

Players
58 posts
5,868 battles

Ashitaka.

It is a great time to buys some premium ships in the summer sale with upto 50% off the ship of the day, Lo Yang i missed but would have picked up, and i did pick up the Warspite for £10, today's ship is the Ashitaka for £14.60, a t7 BB based on the A hull of the Amagi with 10 guns. Sounds great but no it's the old A hull from a previous version of the Amagi that frankly sucked it's made of paper and you get citadel'd from almost any range and any angle by many many ships, also the ammo on the Ashitaka is a lower tier versions and frankly sucks at T7. So even at 50% off is the Ashitaka worth it. In my opinion NO save your hard earned spondoolix for better buy's. I think i will post my thoughts on discounted ship of the day here till the sale ends on 27/07. Keep your eyes open you could snap up a bargain.

Scharnhorst.

An iconic ship costing £15.02, a cruisers worst nightmare, fast, quick rudder shift, rapid turret rotation (for a BB), torpedoes, fast rate of fire, good secondaries, accurate for a german BB, stealthy, tanky and absolutely gorgeous. It doe's have weakness's of course the main one being the low caliber guns. Brutal to anything broadside especially cruisers, it does however requires good target selection to keep the guns singing because as soon as an enemy ships starts to angle the penetration drops off massively. Keep switching targets to get the most out of the Scharnhorst. It's great fun to play which is probably it's greatest attribute and a definite YES as recommendation even for a bang average player like myself. Check out some of the great reviews on Youtube for a more in depth description.

Hood.

Another iconic ship, probably best played more as a Heavy cruiser rather than a battleship, apt really as she was laid down as a battle cruiser, when angled quite tanky given her relatively light armour which was sufficient for WW1 era 15 inch ammo but given what happened to the Hood against Bismarcks delayed fuse 15 inch ammo of the WW2 era obviously not enough for WW2 action. Angling while approaching is better than a direct nose on approach as any 357mm calibre shell will overmatch the 25mm bow. Guns are brutal to broadside cruisers and most effective at mid range verse's BB where the average dispersion and pen behave best but are still frustratingly unreliable and suffer a lot of shatters. Spec for AA and the added quirky short range rockets the Hood carries will shred torp and dive bombers upto a max of around 2.2 km. Massive turning circle, decent rudder shift. Overall in this case for me it's down to the 50% price. A patriotic buy at £15.31. Full price there are much better ships but at this price a why not.

Atago.

This is the original T8 cruiser and probably one of my first buy's if not the first. I think it's kinda like the Chuck Norris of WoW, old, slower and far less effective than it used to be but also something you don't really wanna mess with, hard hitting but with a low rate of fire somewhat compensated by having 10 203mm guns which have pretty solid AP and a 17% fire chance. This and the decent gun angles make it great at harassing other ships especially BB while kiting away. It's torps also have good angles meaning you don't have to present a lot of broadside to get them away. It is typically squishy as most Japanese cruisers are and plays very much like a Mogami. A solid all round ship which my gut feeling tells me will probably receive some buff's in the future as it has kind of been left behind by younger faster ship's a bit like old Chuck Norris, not seen very often and a bit long in the tooth but also still hard hitting and not to be messed with. Is it a good buy with 30% off, well it's ok but as 30% is the usual you get off in any kind of sale i would say it's one you could leave for later, a 50% off would have been a definite "grab it now" vote. Great fun.

Prinz Eugene

On the face of it it's a copy paste of the Hipper but recent buffs have given it a different game play style, The main buff was to gain a heal, when angled correctly the Prinz is pretty tanky ship, couple this with the heal, great AP and a turtle back citadel it makes the Prinz a good brawler especially against other cruisers and is no slouch against BB's due to the excellent German AP. Also due to the heal the slower rate of fire is not really an issue. It has He with a low damage output around 2400 per shell, but due to the special 1/4 pen mechanic and with a 16% fire chance most High tier BB's superstructure can be HE penned and spammed with ease. AA is also above average and the cherry on top is decent defensive torps making this a very flexible cruiser. A 30% discount is despite the headline pretty typical of this tier ship when offered for sale or with a voucher meaning you don't need to rush to buy the ships as WG will have it with 30% many times in the future. I love the historical ships in the game far more than the fantasy wonderships the russian's have been gifted. Prince Eugene had a pretty active and distinguished service history in real life. It's a definite yes from me.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,979 posts
4,964 battles

I tried to find it but to no avail: your point?

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 11 Minuten, cookiemonster66 sagte:

It's in the shop under ships or from the portal when you log in you will find the advertisment.

no it is not that he cannot find the ship in the shop, but the point in your thread, since there is already a thread about the summer sale...

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,081 posts
3,831 battles

You are late to the party, buddy. There is no need to create a duplicitous thread which brings nothing new to the already discussed topic.

You can share your highly valuable opinions here:

• Cool 1

Players
58 posts
5,868 battles

Point of the thread like the other one is to highlight the sale and unlike the other adds my opinion on the value in buying the ships, so it's not really a copy paste of the other post. You are of course entitled to read it or not.

• Boring 2

[KAKE]
Players
649 posts
2,712 battles

I think you overestimate the value of your opinion.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
58 posts
5,868 battles
1 minute ago, Uglesett said:

I think you overestimate the value of your opinion.

And i think you overestimate your understanding of the word opinion. Don't read the post princess if it's got you on tilt so easy. After checking your forum stats it's pretty obvious you just like a good troll on a regular basis, crack on then.

• Boring 2

[JPF]
Players
90 posts
1,260 battles
37 minutes ago, cookiemonster66 said:

And i think you overestimate your understanding of the word opinion. Don't read the post princess if it's got you on tilt so easy. After checking your forum stats it's pretty obvious you just like a good troll on a regular basis, crack on then.

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,979 posts
4,964 battles
58 minutes ago, cookiemonster66 said:

Point of the thread like the other one is to highlight the sale and unlike the other adds my opinion on the value in buying the ships, so it's not really a copy paste of the other post. You are of course entitled to read it or not.

Erm, the forum rules clearly state that your opinion is only good on its own if there are no other open threads adressing the same topic.

So, you should have posted in the already open one, not a copy paste, just yourself overvaluing your thoughts, and ignoring the forum rules...

• Cool 3

Players
58 posts
5,868 battles
24 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Erm, the forum rules clearly state that your opinion is only good on its own if there are no other open threads adressing the same topic.

So, you should have posted in the already open one, not a copy paste, just yourself overvaluing your thoughts, and ignoring the forum rules...

Report the thread or don't read it lol....some people just feel the need to be negative about everything...this forum is ideal example where the same people float all day everyday looking for posts to troll and whine on, if you think it's breaching the rules then report it, or don't read it. The thread stays till WG shut it down. I posted it with my opinion as some players may not know it has the old A hull removed from the game the A hull of the original and useless Amagi, they may feel they are buying a ship with the current Amagi A hull which for a starting hull is pretty damn good and would perform well at T7. The old hull now on the Ashitaka was removed for a good reason...it sucked. It also has T6 shells which do not up tier too well, so by highlighting this and hopefully giving potential buyers some extra possibly unknown info it may prevent a few from a purchase they regret. So i feel this post with some extra info is enough to justify it's inclusion on the forum. You of course can exercise your right to report it if you think it's in breach of the rules. Peace out.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,081 posts
3,831 battles
1 hour ago, cookiemonster66 said:

And i think you overestimate your understanding of the word opinion.

The important word was value. Your opinion has very little.

1 hour ago, cookiemonster66 said:

After checking your forum stats ...

And after checking your actual in-game stats your opinion lost so much weight it practically flew out of the window on itself. (I may have helped it a bit).

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,182 posts
13,957 battles
4 hours ago, cookiemonster66 said:

I think i will post my thoughts on discounted ship of the day here till the sale ends on 27/07. Keep your eyes open you could snap up a bargain.

Sure go ahead.  You are not hurting anything.

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles
30 minutes ago, Blixies said:

And after checking your actual in-game stats your opinion lost so much weight it practically flew out of the window on itself. (I may have helped it a bit).

Im geniuinely suprised seeing OP make this topic cause i just had him in game earlier and this sorry fella spent half the game camping in his full health Iowa while everyone else tanked and spotted for him. When the enemy just made a somewhat feeble push (only a Roon) he just upped and ran off. 

Edit:

The typical camping BB in full glory, almost half the game in, at the back camping with full health

shot-18_07.19_22_18.22-0541.thumb.jpg.0dc9a39c06f73b08af1267b12cf49c33.jpg

• Funny 2

Players
58 posts
5,868 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

The important word was value. Your opinion has very little.

lol, so you can click a mouse almost exclusively in divisions so you can call on your mates to back you up, you can click an irrelevant virtual pixel based game a little better than some to make your self feel superior in your life. I'm glad you have reached the pinnacle of your life's dreams and maybe one day you can carry these values through to the odd solo game or actually something in real life. Here's hoping. Think the difference here is i actually had the smarts to post an opinion instead of just trolling someone else's. I see from many of your reply's to other post's you are simply posting replies so at some point you can put in "I have better stat's than you lol". I'm impressed, no really i am, if voting for the world leader comes down to WoW's stats i will vote for you, your my hero.

44 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Im geniuinely suprised seeing OP make this topic cause i just had him in game earlier and this sorry fella spent half the game camping in his full health Iowa while everyone else tanked and spotted for him. When the enemy just made a somewhat feeble push (only a Roon) he just upped and ran off. 

Edit:

The typical camping BB in full glory, almost half the game in, at the back camping with full health

shot-18_07.19_22_18.22-0541.thumb.jpg.0dc9a39c06f73b08af1267b12cf49c33.jpg

Pretty much whole team is in that quarter of the map the whole team, and come on princess i didn't spend the whole game there did i while you hid behind the island, and i did outscore you by a hefty margin. You got yourself out of position surrounded and killed.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles
3 minutes ago, cookiemonster66 said:

Pretty much whole team is in that quarter of the map, and come on princess i didn't spend the whole game there did i while you hid behind the island, and i did outscore you by a hefty margin.

Sure you did. Afterall if you can't even outscore me while camping safety there while we tanked for you I'll be disappointed.

Heck here is the replay if anyone is interested cause why not eh.

20180719_203145_PFSC109-Saint-Louis_38_Canada.wowsreplay

• Funny 1

Players
58 posts
5,868 battles
3 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Sure you did. Afterall if you can't even outscore me while camping safety there while we tanked for you I'll be disappointed.

We won, you died totally exposed, nothing wrong with kiting away in a battleship, many do it to maintain distance and limit incoming fire. So i didn't plow in and soak up fire from 10 different enemy ships. You on the other hand camped behind an island got cut off and left it too late to escape. I out lived and out xp'd you maybe you should also take a look at your own tactics and positioning first. You play your account your way and worry less about how i play mine. Ashitaka is still a ship i wouldn't recommend either for camping or kiting away or for getting cut off and wasted like pra3y.

• Boring 2

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles

shot-18_07.19_23_17.24-0518.thumb.jpg.cfeffc27b6b5f4f3db1489dfc972d7ba.jpg

You can continue lying but a camper is still a camper. At least I went over the help that other BB you abandoned instead of staying by the rock. Your so called tactics worked by exploiting all your teammates and getting them to soak all the damages and spot for you. You think without us doing all that while you sit snugly there you can out xp or damage me? Don't forget by the way that you're in a freaking tier 9 BB with good accuracy. Just landing a few shots and you'll outdamage me already. I don't understand what's so proud about that to be honest.

Plus lets be frank, you and I were in the middle of the team table. So in the end you didn't do that much either, unlike that F.Der that came out close to the top. 

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
116 posts
962 battles

Seeing as I already own this ship, would it be worthwhile buying it  a second time to get its value (-300) in doubloons?

By my own estimation, it would be around 9200 doubloons plus the port slot (worth 300), since 9500 doubloons matches the regular price.

*edit*

Nevermind, read the store page a bit more closely and buying this offer only gets you 4600 doubloons instead.

So no abusing the system to get discounted doubloons this way.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
760 posts
4,585 battles
5 hours ago, pra3y said:

Thanks for posting the replay = a top tier BB parked itself between a couple of islands and didn't move for a long time.

Shame about those two torp hits on you at the start of the game - I thought you would have spotted them.

• Funny 1

Players
58 posts
5,868 battles
6 hours ago, pra3y said:

shot-18_07.19_23_17.24-0518.thumb.jpg.cfeffc27b6b5f4f3db1489dfc972d7ba.jpg

You can continue lying but a camper is still a camper. At least I went over the help that other BB you abandoned instead of staying by the rock. Your so called tactics worked by exploiting all your teammates and getting them to soak all the damages and spot for you. You think without us doing all that while you sit snugly there you can out xp or damage me? Don't forget by the way that you're in a freaking tier 9 BB with good accuracy. Just landing a few shots and you'll outdamage me already. I don't understand what's so proud about that to be honest.

Plus lets be frank, you and I were in the middle of the team table. So in the end you didn't do that much either, unlike that F.Der that came out close to the top. 

You posted the replay, it's there to see...you died out of position after failing to move before you were cut off and surrounded, i kited away and fired providing med to long range gunnery in a ship class designed for that role, and finished above you. I spent a lot of time in the middle firing at targets, by being in the middle i can cover large areas of the map. I fell back as our team withdrew and i was in danger of taking fire from both flanks. Not a great game for either of us but tactically better decisions from me. In a game map with better cover i will happily push in, more open maps where HE spam would quickly burn me down i will play a longer range game. You play your way i will play mine. It's a game, in a random mode where little communication or team work is practiced. Get over it.

Players
58 posts
5,868 battles
4 hours ago, Browarszky said:

What about the Imperator Nikolai? Any reliable information, leaks, anything?

Thats the one i want too :)

Sign in to follow this