_Montagne

USS Black Camoflague

9 comments in this topic

[RAGE]
Players
39 posts
10,042 battles

Why cant the USS BLACK I repeat BLACK have a choice of camos between white and black? I was expecting to change the colour of the camo because of the ability to change camo colour on usn ships.

Screenshot (154).png

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles
1 hour ago, _Montagne said:

Why cant the USS BLACK I repeat BLACK...

Because the ship is not named after a colour, but for a man named Black.

And this is a unique special camo for a single individual ship. The colour changing option only applies for standard camos (camos used on multiple ships).

[IRAN]
Players
366 posts
7,022 battles

That is the question "Black why are you White ??!!!" lol:Smile_teethhappy:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,221 posts
7,059 battles
4 hours ago, _Montagne said:

Why cant the USS BLACK I repeat BLACK have a choice of camos between white and black? I was expecting to change the colour of the camo because of the ability to change camo colour on usn ships.

But that is the whole point! Don't you get it? Why do you think Black (and Flint) got that (gorgeous) white camo?

The actual reason is because the "white" camo is a thing for the ranked rewardships - see also the Flint (you also can't change the colour for the special america cleveland camo or the Desmond Space camo for example)

Also what principat said. She's not actualy named after the "colour".

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,186 posts
3,152 battles
4 hours ago, principat121 said:

Because the ship is not named after a colour, but for a man named Black.

And this is a unique special camo for a single individual ship. The colour changing option only applies for standard camos (camos used on multiple ships).

Even though you can use the colour schemes on Arizona and Indianapolis, voth of which have their as sunk historic camos. 

@_Montagne the proper word is "camouflage", originally a french word. 

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles
2 hours ago, piritskenyer said:

Even though you can use the colour schemes on Arizona and Indianapolis, voth of which have their as sunk historic camos. 

Not to be too pedantic, but Indy was sunk in Measure 22 not the 32 scheme we have in game, which she wore in 1944.

As for switching, the USN ran variations on their measure 3x schemes. The same pattern could be used on different ships as Measure 31, 32 or 33 with dark/medium/light colour combinations respectively. The base scheme for most of the historical premium camouflages is Ms.32 and the alternative colours are taken from Ms.33. The only issue is they replace the wrong colour (darkest should still be darkest). Aside from that last point, the alternate colour scheme is more historically accurate on e.g. Baltimore than the basic one.

I'm surprised you can fiddle with Arizona's colour though.

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,186 posts
3,152 battles
16 hours ago, VC381 said:

[...]

I'm surprised you can fiddle with Arizona's colour though.

I'm more surprised there haven'T been topics about it in gameplay calling WG graverobbers for it...

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,945 posts
5,437 battles

Camoflague? lol I like it

• Bad 1