Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
axlslak

A little help with linux

1 comment in this topic

[TRITO]
Players
1 post
1,432 battles

Hello folks. 

I've been playing this game on and off for a few years. Right now I'm trying my best to stay away from windows as much as I can. So this game works very well on linux with wine. I really have no complaints. 

Just a question. It seems at login Wow client makes use of cef_browser (chrome extended framework) which only properly works when called with --no-sandbox. At least on linux. 

I was wondering of a quick simple hack, perhaps within Wow client itself. always use cef_browser with --no-sandbox. 

https://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=52560

I've been trying that, and I've been upset it doesn't work, but looking at the code it only works for steam.exe. grrrrr. I'll try to modify the patch and recompile wine. but ... is there a shortcut? a text file within WOW client itself where i can specify --no-sandbox to chrome?

EDIT:

30741 pts/3    R<l+  16:05 C:/World of Warships/cef/cef_browser_process.exe --user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.95 Safari/537.36 WOWS/1.0 --cache-path=C:/World of Warships/profile/cef_cache --disable-gpu --disable-gpu-compositing --enable-begin-frame-scheduling --max-frame-rate=30 --log-file=C:/World of Warships/profile/debug.log --log-severity=info --accept-language-list=en --id=8

this process. and all like it. they are automatically run by the client when any online feature it is required. is there any way to convince Wow client to run the same exact command, but with --no-sandbox in it?

Sign in to follow this