You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
satoca1

Radars ruining game

31 comments in this topic

[1701]
Players
11 posts
7,917 battles

Just been on a game where the opposing team had three radars (2 worcestors and 1 pay to win krohnstadt) against none on our team. Needless to say we got hammered and none of our dds able to get anywhere near a cap. To add to the misery I was in a tier 8 dd against tier 10 cruisers, battleships and dds (they had an asashio t8). Is it me or does matchmaking in Wows have a long way to go. Worst of all, should the balancing of certain cruisers be worked out better as the radar equipped ones are just running away with the games and anyone else who did not grind british or american is just being constantly nerfed. Does anyone from WOWS developers actually take any notice to these comments?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,497 posts
6,358 battles

I have to side with Agarwaen here, that "p2w" Kronstadt made me lol

OP - any screenshots? Maybe the replay? 0v3 radars sounds unlikely (altho not impossible), also that's still not too bad. Kronstadt has a pretty short duration one, Woosters have either cooldown which you can freely abuse or they are both together and you can simply go elsewhere on the map

Also according to you enemy team was 1 DD short, so that's an advantage for your team

[CATS]
Players
13,488 posts
10,344 battles
13 minutes ago, satoca1 said:

Just been on a game where the opposing team had three radars (2 worcestors and 1 pay to win krohnstadt) against none on our team. Needless to say we got hammered and none of our dds able to get anywhere near a cap. To add to the misery I was in a tier 8 dd against tier 10 cruisers, battleships and dds (they had an asashio t8). Is it me or does matchmaking in Wows have a long way to go. Worst of all, should the balancing of certain cruisers be worked out better as the radar equipped ones are just running away with the games and anyone else who did not grind british or american is just being constantly nerfed. Does anyone from WOWS developers actually take any notice to these comments?

And that is new to you? You can have 0 vs 3 radars in match for over two years now...

Beta Tester
271 posts
3,324 battles

Only 3? Most of my games today had an average of 8 radars, lowest being 6 highest 10... the 10 radar game was a real kicker, 5 radars on each side, a CV and me as the only DD... good fun ??

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[SNUBS]
Players
1,222 posts
6,265 battles

in order to get radared ppl actualy need to leave spawn!

Therefore YOUR reasoning is flawed!:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,332 posts
12,562 battles

Radar is not a new thing!!!! It has been in the game for years!!! DEAL WITH IT!

:etc_swear:Christ. 

[HOME]
Players
565 posts
7,623 battles

Hmm seems im not paying my Kronshtad-crew enough since I also lose in that ship.

image.png.c58c240a18cfd8705df73a24bc6f32ce.png

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,184 posts
8,628 battles
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

OP - any screenshots?

Also according to you enemy team was 1 DD short, so that's an advantage for your team

No need for screenshots, it's been witnessed by a fair few people, including myself. Sometimes 2 v none, 3 v none, not as rare as some think, but certainly doesn't happen as often either. Going elsewhere on the map is a moot point in a game that has centralised points of focus to win. Radar spammers can control points for long long times and in randoms, team cohesion is not a common occurrence. The wincentricity of the game makes all this a frustrating experience in that all too often the mm inadvertantly sets up a strong team against a weak one in randoms. The matchaker sucks at times and is far from perfect and although it's fine a lot fo the time, there is all too often it makes 'mistakes' due to it's limitations.

Were the game not so biased towards higher rewards and quicker progression for winning it might not be frustrating, but trying to get that first double for the day can turn into a nightmare when odds are 'accidentaly' stacked against you..though fun for the winning team when they have favourable odds...helps WG qith a quicker game turnover, more money, etc etc. Nothing will get done in my most humble opinion. They're fine with it and we should be too right? Not so sure about that.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,834 posts
5,311 battles
5 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Maybe the replay?

Yes, id want to see that too!

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,186 posts
10,963 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, satoca1 sagte:

the opposing team had three radars (2 worcestors and 1 pay to win krohnstadt) against none on our team

3 vs 0?

Ha, get on my level, scrub:

5b4fba22209a5_RadarMM.thumb.jpg.b6b3973440b8489bbad5873546ee4ec4.jpg

And btw. we won that match.

You just need to git gud against radars :cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
602 posts
5,853 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

3 vs 0?

OMG

i had this 20 min agoshot-18_07.18_23_23.12-0414.thumb.jpg.0b8b6c509e7db0539e1f73e2943681e6.jpg

and we won this too

[TENGO]
Players
1,451 posts
8,099 battles
29 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

3 vs 0?

Not to be rude, but I'd be more impressed if you were solo & still won :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,186 posts
10,963 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Saiyko sagte:

Not to be rude, but I'd be more impressed if you were solo & still won :Smile-_tongue:

Enemies had divisions too :Smile_sad:

• Funny 1

[-101-]
Alpha Tester
106 posts
2,110 battles

What you're looking at is the latest result of WG's policy of sorting out issues of gameplay balance by slapping band-aides onto the game to address a specific problem that's presenting itself at the time, and then tweaking as they go. For the most part they seem to some how keep on top of things, but it leads to problems like this every so often. Really with all the new features, ships with special attibutes etc that have been added to the game over the years, it's probably time for a massive, ground up balance overhaul.

With that said, the radar issue is not insurmountable with good teamwork, but you are right that it makes life tough when there's only one team with them.

• Cool 1

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
220 posts
12,152 battles
5 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Radar is not a new thing!!!! It has been in the game for years!!! DEAL WITH IT!

:etc_swear:Christ. 

Sorry Morten, you are excellent DD player, but your opinion in this case looks as invalid - one or two radars in enemy team was acceptable and well playable for DD-skippers. But last couple weeks we have in high tiers (8-10) lot of games with 4-5 radars in one team ! (my personal record is 8 radars in enemy tier). Moreover, common situation is that one team has 1-2 radars, the second one 4-5... (personal record 0 vs. 5). With that MM is one team in deep shits. Please, describe to us your bright tactics of DD-captain in similar battle... :) 

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
303 posts
2,214 battles

I would like to know how you guy do it.

I mean when you have 4 or more radar in the opposite team, the chance to get rekt because of random radar not even aimed at you are way to high.
It happened to me tonight while I tried to torp a republique.
A random moskva came up, there was two island between me and him. I couldn't  fire at him and couldn't fire at me.
And yet god knows why the guy pop his radar (there was no DD threatening him).

I was around 6.5 km away from that republique. I don't need to tell how the situation ended.

[SCRUB]
Players
672 posts
7,169 battles

Yesterday i had our DD complain about too many radars in that particular game.  The enemy had.... 2! radars one of them on an Indianopolis abd the other on a Chapa...  Both spent most of the game near their spawn too...  People are getting hysterical about it. FYI we had 3 radars on better ships.. 

• Cool 1

[HAMI]
Players
90 posts
8,863 battles

Pay to win Kronstadt??? Someone clearly forgot that the Payfast exists....

[ONE2]
Players
2,292 posts
13,551 battles
18 hours ago, PapVogele said:

Only 3? Most of my games today had an average of 8 radars, lowest being 6 highest 10... the 10 radar game was a real kicker, 5 radars on each side, a CV and me as the only DD... good fun ??

Ehheh?:cap_wander_2:Well that sure takes the cake, I must admit. :Smile_facepalm:

I was just last weekend in a game where we had 2 radars and the enemy 5 on the "2 Brothers Map" and with my luck 4 of those were in the A cap with me as the only DD that side of the map (both teams had 2 DD's and our team's significant other went to D and died there almost instantly). Unsurprisingly, I did not manage to cap A despite of half a dozen tries and since the sk. "support" did not see fit to actually shoot at any of the radar ships (1 torp'd one, but the other 3 finished the game with nearly full HP), I finally called it quits and went over to D to delay the enemy there (enemy radar ship on that flankhad been sunk), since we were getting overrun. I was the only one in our team, who survived the game (did not win BTW) and even that only because their effin' radars finally ran out of charges. Didn't have any CV's tho. Lucky for me. :Smile_bajan2:

Other that that game, I've been rather spared from the radar calamity at this time simply because of the basic expedient that I have rather cleverly (which is unusual for me) refrained from playing any DD's for the time being. Just until the radar frenzy cools down a bit, so meanwhile I play Cruiser and am a lot less bothered by them.:Smile_great:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,332 posts
12,562 battles
11 hours ago, Max_Kammerer said:

Sorry Morten, you are excellent DD player, but your opinion in this case looks as invalid - one or two radars in enemy team was acceptable and well playable for DD-skippers. But last couple weeks we have in high tiers (8-10) lot of games with 4-5 radars in one team ! (my personal record is 8 radars in enemy tier). Moreover, common situation is that one team has 1-2 radars, the second one 4-5... (personal record 0 vs. 5). With that MM is one team in deep shits. Please, describe to us your bright tactics of DD-captain in similar battle... :) 

Is my opinion not valid because i accepted that the meta has changed for DDs? Rushing caps at the start of the game just don't work anymore. Players need to realize that soon. This is just like when cruiser players had to adapt to 5 BB's pr team. 

The fact one team has more radars should not happen. That i agree with. 

• Cool 2

Players
362 posts
4,528 battles

The most common tactic against radars when in a domination match is flanking, but there are plenty of divisions with tools to address that. A Shima with radio location division with a radar cruiser can easily cancel out a flanking DD. The games I know will be a struggle in a DD are games where I start radio located and it's a map with famous radar island spots near caps. If I happen to have teammates that actually shoot the radar ships that I spot it sometimes go well as I end up being able to deal with the enemy DD while the radar is too busy defending itself, but this does not happen often. This is the same reason why when in a BB or cruiser I get into tactical positions where I can get angles on known radar camp sites.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
144 posts
5,824 battles

how often are these 3 to 8 radars coordinated ?

how hard is it to position oneself accordingly to not get shot even if radared ?

how hard is it to just wait a moment and not rush the cap in the very first minute of the match ?

• Cool 2