Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Once again WG: Your GUI sucks!

9 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
6,931 posts
9,129 battles

Obligatory reminder to WG that your GUI sucks so hard I can't even ...

Division mate tells me to play one game by myself because he's got things to do for a small while. Mkay, so I ready my ship and click battle ... nothing happens. Not the usual "you're going into battle understaffed" countdown, just nothing. I click again ... nothing. I click multiple times again (because I'm seriously annoyed), nothing.

Okay, so I think maybe the division system is *edit up again and won't let me queue into battle, nothing new and happens even with fully ready divisions (and you guys should really be ashamed that it's that bloody common, let alone making it worse with improvements no one asked for!).

So I try to leave the division and see if it will let me into battle when queueing solo ... nothing happens. Can't unready my ship either. Entire port UI isn't reacting to inputs though it apparently does recognize that inputs are being made because I get the audio cues for selecting stuff! I want to stress the fact that several handful of seconds have passed at this point so it definately wasn't just the case of the usual port UI lag which ever now and then just completely freezes the GUI for a couple seconds until it hiccups into action again (oh look, it's not like got that stuff aswell).

Well, just gotta kill the game, restart and that should fix it ... so I do that. Server temporarily unavailable ... *sigh*. Again, nothing uncommon (do you see a trend here WG? Because I do!), so I just click on log-in once more because it won't be long until my division mate comes back anyway and as usual it starts loading the game ... into a live match.

Wat?

So apparently the game did register me trying to get into battle and just acted as if nothing responded. I got lucky that I wanted to keep playing, because if I had just said "screw it, if the game ain't gonna work I'll do something else" I would've gotten a nice AFK penalty because the GUI just brainfarted and loaded me into a match anyway without giving any indication it would do so as opposed to all the telltale signs of it just being *edit and not working.

So yeah, here's your reminder @MrConway, @Tuccy and @Crysantos to tell the developers responsible for the GUI to fix their crap. Or alternatively if you don't want me to play your game, just come out and say it upfront.

/rant

Edited by Mlddim
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 16

[ONE2]
Players
2,316 posts
13,602 battles

Yupp, has happened to me also. Luckily only once recently (last week or so). Nice to know I am not alone there. But hey, shared happiness is double the happiness right? :Smile_Default:

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,124 posts
2,189 battles

I've had this too, In port pushing buttons nothing happens after game apparently hasn't but me into a battle. 

Restart and I'm in a battle .

Players
2,880 posts
5,156 battles

Happened here aswell last week. Couldnt open the messages, that came in, couldnt ready up in division.

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
160 posts
3 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I've had this too, In port pushing buttons nothing happens after game apparently hasn't but me into a battle. 

Restart and I'm in a battle .

Had this too

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,586 battles

Hmmm...I have an issue where when I quit the game I often get a battle loading screen pop up just before the game actually closes.  I assumed it was a glitch\bug, but now I'm wondering if it actually is putting me into battle...

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,884 posts
2,152 battles
8 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Division mate tells me to play one game by myself because he's got things to do for a small while. Mkay, so I ready my ship and click battle ... nothing happens. Not the usual "you're going into battle understaffed" countdown, just nothing. I click again ... nothing. I click multiple times again (because I'm seriously annoyed), nothing.

Okay, so I think maybe the division system is *edit up again and won't let me queue into battle, nothing new and happens even with fully ready divisions (and you guys should really be ashamed that it's that bloody common, let alone making it worse with improvements no one asked for!).

So I try to leave the division and see if it will let me into battle when queueing solo ... nothing happens. Can't unready my ship either. Entire port UI isn't reacting to inputs though it apparently does recognize that inputs are being made because I get the audio cues for selecting stuff! I want to stress the fact that several handful of seconds have passed at this point so it definately wasn't just the case of the usual port UI lag which ever now and then just completely freezes the GUI for a couple seconds until it hiccups into action again (oh look, it's not like got that stuff aswell).

Well, just gotta kill the game, restart and that should fix it ... so I do that. Server temporarily unavailable ... *sigh*. Again, nothing uncommon (do you see a trend here WG? Because I do!), so I just click on log-in once more because it won't be long until my division mate comes back anyway and as usual it starts loading the game ... into a live match.

Wat?

So apparently the game did register me trying to get into battle and just acted as if nothing responded. I got lucky that I wanted to keep playing, because if I had just said "screw it, if the game ain't gonna work I'll do something else" I would've gotten a nice AFK penalty because the GUI just brainfarted and loaded me into a match anyway without giving any indication it would do so as opposed to all the telltale signs of it just being *edit and not working.

So yeah, here's your reminder @MrConway, @Tuccy and @Crysantos to tell the developers responsible for the GUI to fix their crap. Or alternatively if you don't want me to play your game, just come out and say it upfront.

/rant

If you could send me a bug report we'll see if we can track down the cause of this.

Please quickly PM me (and others affected):

I understand that bugs are bloody frustrating, but for next time I would suggest opening with that approach ;)

[SV3]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles
On 2018-07-18 at 2:15 PM, Aotearas said:

Wat?

/rant

I had a special case of this after the new US CA line came out. I was trying to get my newly purchased Dallas into a game and the game just kicked me out of 2 consecetive matches earning me mutliple afk punishes and banning me to Co-Op only for 15 matches, when i brought this up to support with error reports and asked if they could lift my ban they just gave me a "We havent heard anything about these issues so the ban stays"?! Because usually a player that plays the game almost every day and just spent a whole lot of credits and XP to buy a ship usually just go into battles to be afk in them ..... because reasons.......

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,235 posts
7,072 battles

I had this too in the past days. The game Ui just won't respond anymore to any of my clicks like changing ships etc.

Because I knew of this thread already I didn't dare to press the Battle button (only happened in port for me). I had to kill the game with Task Manager though and restart.

After the Restart everything is fine again and the ship i clicked last is actualy selected.

On 18.7.2018 at 7:19 PM, krazypenguin said:

Hmmm...I have an issue where when I quit the game I often get a battle loading screen pop up just before the game actually closes.  I assumed it was a glitch\bug, but now I'm wondering if it actually is putting me into battle...

No I have that too and it shouldn't bother you. As far as I understand it, the issue is that there is a "screenshot" (more like a frozen picture of the game) whenever you tabbed out of the game which stays in the background as long as the game runs. (I mostly get pictures of the port or of the start of a battle becuase that is when I usualy tab out to browse the internet or quickly queue some music for the match before my ship arrives the combat area)

Then when you quit the game, the game will close first and showing the "screenshot" that was behind it. Then some secounds after that the screenshot fades too.

That Bug should be harmless as I never experienced any issues with it. (And I noticed it is always a "screenshot" of when I tabbed out so I came to above conclusion)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this