You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_NoereX_

The cure for toxicity you didn't know about

6 comments in this topic

[RFI]
Players
6 posts
4,113 battles

I'm sure most of the people are not toxic and hate toxicity, but i'm also sure most of them feels like they can't do anything except using the in game report tool for Misbehaviour that we all know isn't working quite well.... so, what other options there are except the fine psycology exercises that somebody suggests in other topics? 

IMHO just one and it's really simple: 

- enable replays
- at the end of a match with toxic people or behaviour open a ticket from the Wargaming Site for Breaking of Rules
- attach the replay file and the nickname of the reported player

This process may seem long and tedious, but it will take about 2 minutes of your life and usually Wargaming staff will respond in a couple of hours; in my experience they always said they will be taking actions against the people i've reported, so if I'd to take their word for it they're gonna do something worthwhile. 

I'm sure if everybody start doing this procedure at least for the most harrassing and offensive players, WoWs has the potential to become very nice and clean in a very short period of time, because i'm sure that even a ban of a couple of days can discourage those toxic players from repeating the behaviour again. 

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,226 posts
5,868 battles

I know of an easier way

batman-slap-meme.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles

Alternatively you can grow a thicker skin and / or simply mute the player if he gets annoying.

[RFI]
Players
6 posts
4,113 battles
1 minuto fa, wilkatis_LV ha scritto:

Alternatively you can grow a thicker skin and / or simply mute the player if he gets annoying.

There are a lot of alternatives, but as the title suggest this could be a cure for the disease of toxicity, not simply a workaround; and in any case, reading of people saying that other teammates have mental issue or responding with misogynist/homophobic sentences it's not "nice" anyway, even if you can mute that persion just after you read the trashtalking. That's the reason why I think a cure is needed, not another workaround.  

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,194 battles

Hey, I really like "toxicity". It's quite amusing and fun to see someone (SPECIALLY the enemy) to start yelling and even answer back;

*edited*

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 2

[RFI]
Players
6 posts
4,113 battles
1 hour ago, Sargento_YO said:

Hey, I really like "toxicity". It's quite amusing and fun to see someone (SPECIALLY the enemy) to start yelling and even answer back;

*edited*

I was of your same exact opinion in the beginning, but then it got old; now I'm simply tired of having the battle chat constantly spammed by insults of any kind from enemies and allied alike, the first insulting to provoking or raging, the seconds... well, for the same reasons. Also now there's this wonderful custom of reporting anybody who just sunk you, no matter what, tested in more than one occurrence. On one lv 9/10 battle, the only battle were i managed to get around 4k base exp for 400k dmg with Iowa, i've got 4 reports at the end of the match without ever saying anything in common chat; one of my teammates went into rage at the beginning and sinked 2 friendly on purpose because one got in his way. So yeah, i've seen a lot of "bad" things and now i'm growing more intollerhant even to sarcasm