You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dane_With_No_Name

Mission Task Difficulty vs. RNG for the avg. player

14 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
4,858 battles

These screenshots are taken from my latest match.
As I am grinding the Legendary Modules for each T10 I have, I might as well get some tasks done along the way, that I didn't do before- but there's one in particular I feel, I simply can't get by.
Get 12 fires or floodings, be at the top of the scoreboard on your team, and WIN. These are the criteria.
And while they might seem fair to most, every last one of them comes down to how lucky you are, and not how good you are - because a crap team almost always = a loss, fire flags etc. for more fires are still RNG based, and so on.

I follow Flambass, Flamu, Jingles and so on on youtube, and I noticed Flambass had some severe problems with this task as well, because he almost always got 2/3 criteria per match, but because of either RNG or less-than-average player decisions, he either lost the match, didn't get enough fires or floods etc. - and he's a much better DD player than me... :D

I'd rather have those "win" criteria removed from those kind of RNG based tasks with more than 2 criterias, so that even if you lose, but had a game like the one I had with almost 300k dmg, enough XP and fires/floods, you don't get 'punished' further, for having bad luck with the MM :P
Killing 2 DDs in a CL/CA and getting a win in the same game is WAY easier than this :D

And I know - it probably sounds like I just want the game to be easy to get through, but no, I'm fine with most aspects of the game and its mechanics - but considering how seldom games like these occur for the avg. player (and me too with the fire/flood numbers, not to mention the dmg) it might be something to look into :)
So just a suggestion. not ordering WG to do anything specific :P

shot-18.07.18_10.20.50-0405.jpg

shot-18.07.18_10.21.00-0146.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
8 posts
4,858 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

As you can see, it is doable.

I know it is doable, albeit a time-consumer in most cases, but my point is still that it's dependent on too many factors out of your control, whether you get it or not - so a luck based task seems a little dumb to me :b

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
701 posts
17,415 battles

You can leave it as last task so you eventually get it if all lines up. But if anything should be removed from this task, it certainly shouldn't be the win criteria. If there wasnt win needed, everyone would be doing their tasks ignoring whole team(we see that enough even without tasks).

• Cool 1

Players
8 posts
4,858 battles
3 minutes ago, Profilus said:

You can leave it as last task so you eventually get it if all lines up. But if anything should be removed from this task, it certainly shouldn't be the win criteria. If there wasnt win needed, everyone would be doing their tasks ignoring whole team(we see that enough even without tasks).

I think I'll have to do that, but as it has to be US DDs (or CVs for that matter) and I only have the tasks enabled during the Legendary Module grind for each class, it won't be anytime soon that I'm getting it done then.

I agree on the 'ignoring whole team' part  though.
I just wish you weren't punished for having a good game that exceeds the criteria numbers needed, but having a bad team :)

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles

Or alternatively, just do the captain XP and credit ones multiple times and save yourself a lot of stress. Apart from the supercontainer rewards the rest of the task rewards range from not worth to just alright. 

(assuming this topic is for the Halsey campaign).

Players
8 posts
4,858 battles
8 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Or alternatively, just do the captain XP and credit ones multiple times and save yourself a lot of stress. Apart from the supercontainer rewards the rest of the task rewards range from not worth to just alright. 

(assuming this topic is for the Halsey campaign).

I have already finished the campaign by doing just that :D But I want to have some kind of goal with playing, so I'm doing the tasks I didn't do during that grind, while I grind for LMs :D

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,572 posts
6,401 battles

Asking for a win to do the mission tends to be cancer, yeah. There simply are days when that's not going to happen

But then again those are not the worst mission - "get X kills" are always more, as suddenly noone cares about doing dmg, just getting the lasthit.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles

Legendary upgrade should not be easy...right? 

Legendary....

[IDDQD]
Players
1,626 posts
15,243 battles
15 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

Legendary upgrade should not be easy...right? 

Legendary....

anyone is talking about leg.modules there? Try read more than first sentence.

OT: This task is probably the hardest from US campaigh. I guess I will have it active for long time before completion.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,864 posts
20,845 battles
2 hours ago, Dane_With_No_Name said:

I have already finished the campaign by doing just that :D But I want to have some kind of goal with playing, so I'm doing the tasks I didn't do during that grind, while I grind for LMs :D

Well it is difficult but nevertheless if you are good at the game you will do it eventually, I have done the mission goals ,sadly not when it is selected so it will come in the end.

I do always the campaigns in such a manner that I save these missions for last, the one/off missions so to say if they are not particularly easy. I try to combine some of the long grinds as these must be done like win 18 games as top 3  and so on. Now I am at stage 5 and have the 12 heroic and 32 any achievements chosen , starting of today so in three games I have played I have 1 achievement. Trying to find synergies. Later I take those that I have ships for but are difficult one/off as if there are new campaigns these are easy to let go. I have no problem with that some missions are really difficult. The captains is reachable for all by repeating.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,160 posts
9,958 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

But then again those are not the worst mission - "get X kills" are always more, as suddenly noone cares about doing dmg, just getting the lasthit.

*Kraken Unleashed*

10k dmg :Smile_trollface:

[SV3]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles

I always do the same thing, re-do alot of the easy 1 stars task until you reach the end and get the special price and then you cant try all the rest to the end of time. Usually its much faster to re-do all the 1 stars then try and get a couple of 2-3 star tasks, specially in the latest editions. I managed to get a 2 star yesterday, something "Killing a german ship and end up top 3 i think in a winning game" but that was just dumb luck, the only ship i killed happened to be a really salty Hinden. 

So i dont even bother with all those tasks.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,270 posts
7,363 battles
1 hour ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I always do the same thing, re-do alot of the easy 1 stars task until you reach the end and get the special price and then you cant try all the rest to the end of time. Usually its much faster to re-do all the 1 stars then try and get a couple of 2-3 star tasks, specially in the latest editions. I managed to get a 2 star yesterday, something "Killing a german ship and end up top 3 i think in a winning game" but that was just dumb luck, the only ship i killed happened to be a really salty Hinden. 

So i dont even bother with all those tasks.

I use very much the same "redo 1 skill" -tactic... specially when most missions require played in american ship and currently I am not playing any of them...

• Cool 1