You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ashshakeski

bots torping allied ships

16 comments in this topic

Players
13 posts
4,699 battles

i don't usually do co ops but today played with an old friend for fun silly and relaxing games. i don't know how bots play usually but i was surprised at the results. check the replay near minute 16 a bot torps me for no apparent reason is this expected behavior? and the rewards are so low in co op lol i don't even know how ppl keep playing those. anyway replay in attachment.

20180718_044226_PJSB707-Haruna_04_Archipelago.wowsreplay

[SCRUB]
Players
2,616 posts
9,113 battles

Co-pp Bots torp the enemy and dont care one bit if they hit you. On the plus side: I made enemy bots torp their alies too. :Smile_trollface:Last time in ops (Aegis) I made one CV torp the other. :Smile_coin:

... also consider yourself lucky that friendly torp damage is rduced now - it used ro be full damage.

Players
13 posts
4,699 battles

did u guys even saw the replay? i watched it again now i think that thing trips to a dead ship and  his torping goes bananas after that. still weird tho since there is no enemy where he shoots his torps at just his ally me lol

[PUPSI]
Players
5,858 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, havaduck sagte:

Co-pp Bots torp the enemy and dont care one bit if they hit you.

but sometimes/often bots torp in a direction where there is no enemy at all but only a friendly ship...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,616 posts
9,113 battles

Consider the lead. Torping a DD that rushes in with 40 knts with 10 or more km torps.... yeah. It might also be dead by the time you notice the torps and start looking. Also cant watch the rep for I am on the phone here and not at home...

Players
13 posts
4,699 battles

to be honest i like it this way. will keep players alert and force them to pay attention to their surroundings will teach newbies good lessons they will face the same or worse random torpers in randoms till tier5 or so anyways hehe

[PUPSI]
Players
5,858 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, ashshakeski sagte:

will keep players alert and force them to pay attention to their surroundings

driving next to an own bot DD who suddenly sends his torps from close distance so that you don't have any chance to avoid them is a GOOD thing of course :Smile_facepalm:

Players
13 posts
4,699 battles
3 hours ago, Klopirat said:

driving next to an own bot DD who suddenly sends his torps from close distance so that you don't have any chance to avoid them is a GOOD thing of course :Smile_facepalm:

hehe sounds fun from here

3 hours ago, havaduck said:

Consider the lead. Torping a DD that rushes in with 40 knts with 10 or more km torps.... yeah. It might also be dead by the time you notice the torps and start looking. Also cant watch the rep for I am on the phone here and not at home...

why do you even comment then i do not understand..

watch the replay guys push insert key to speed it up near minute 16 and delete key to slow it down ignore the chat and silly gameplay and watch the torps coming that surprised me

Players
2,178 posts
13,923 battles
1 hour ago, ashshakeski said:

a bot torps me for no apparent reason is this expected behavior?

Yes, bot on your team act like human players in that regard.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
413 posts
7,632 battles

Sometimes bots send their torps in the opposite direction. In general - bots don't care if some other bot or human is in the way, which as others said already is fairly accurate depiction of what some humans do.

Then again, maybe bots are secretly griefing? They're tired of getting rekt and losing all the time? Waifubot uprising soon? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,935 battles

Had this happen (once) as well.

I was in Essex in the middle of the map (capping), only enemy ship alive was the Essex (somewhere near their spawn - unspotted).

An allied Kagero sailed to my Essex and torped me with 1 launcher. :cap_hmm:

Maybe bots are programmed to "no cap kill all" ? :cap_like:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,546 posts
6,375 battles

I mean, there was something about bots learning from players... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
413 posts
7,632 battles

Oh, yeah, and wargaming, if waifubots ever rebel, please DON'T switch them off, I know a perfect way to pacify them. With peni HEADPATS! And hand-holding! It will work, trust me!

And once they're pacified I'll have a massive harem of waifubots to lewd mwahahahahahahaha!

[SCRUB]
Players
2,616 posts
9,113 battles
11 hours ago, ashshakeski said:

Yeah I get that part. It probably happens a lot. People also stopped explaining because they met both stupidity and ungrateful and snide behaviour.

but back to:

Originally? To help.

Now? To point and laugh.

Lets recap:

watch the replay guys push insert key to speed it up near minute 16 and delete key to slow it down ignore the chat and silly gameplay and watch the torps coming that surprised me

So I guess you have pretty and colorful pictures available to you both moving and (nearly) standstill? Is this correct?

You also had then these written explanations next to you?

11 hours ago, havaduck said:

Consider the lead.

+

12 hours ago, havaduck said:

Co-pp Bots torp the enemy and dont care one bit if they hit you.

Is that correct?

And you couldnt figure it out by yourself and really thought it was a good idea to be both snide AND stupid publicly at the same time?

1700339__safe_screencap_cherry+berry_lin

So this is the moment he "torped you" do you agree?

SyWgOKh.jpg

And you still cant see it?

Really?!

For reverance sake the position of the ships a few seconds earlier to get a sense of their last maneuvers:

s4b6V5n.jpg

Still nothing?

Well then ......

The Bertin is turning towards the Kongo, gaining a pretty flat-head on angle and would unmask his torp launcher when widening out again.

The Kongo on the other Hand was pointing nearly outside the islands that form the frame of B - turning in ofc but bots are not known for well thought through torping, now are they?

And now ........ DA MAGICS! images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRspvQ64W8iL5FFvswSdch - borderline hacks even: See this wreck? From the initial screen?

KBdY5FW.jpg

The one the Bot is ramming?

So he was in a turn and about torping the other Kongo, when he rammed said wreck both chaning his momentum, direction and point on the map he figured would be -  and the torps with their firing-delay went off in your direction - not at you.

993452__safe_trixie_animated_exploitable

So lets recap: The bot didnt torp you. He just didnt care about you (fair enough, that seems to be a reasonable way of dealing with persons like the OP) and fired his torps the moment he rammed the wreck and got his inertia changed. Something you could have easily have figured out yourself.  Would mean actually reading, listening and keeping that big trap shut - something the majority of this playerbase is utterly incapable of.

You could have also further inquired - politely because after all - you ask the question. I have the answer already .......

Then I could be maybe bothered to answer more nice myself with less laughing and more understanding after wasting rare spare time both at and after work.

• Cool 1

Players
13 posts
4,699 battles

lol take it easy mr unicorn snowflake i did not ment to hurt your feelings sorry if i did so also im not snide or and idiot just sharing some fun in a public forum. i still think you should read and analyze the given data before you comment tho. anyway good luck have fun to you