Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yogibjoern

Can we get a Camouflage filter in port?? please!

Do you want a filter in port turning bright coloured camouflages off?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a filter in port turning bright coloured camouflages off?

14 comments in this topic

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

WG I'm sure quite a few people want a filter in port to turn off brightly coloured or otherwise "unrealistic" Camouflages off. I know I want one.

I have no problem with people who like these, I'm just annoyed that everybody else is forced to see them in battles. It would only be fair if you give the players a choice to turn them off. I know there is mods. But I don't use mods and I don't want to. I am a paying customer and I would like to have that option out of the box. So please do something!!

• Funny 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
33 posts
2,964 battles

Like this one?

image.png.97c92c07c722033bd77d9db604353c7f.png

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Yep exactly like that.... Just covering all the special one use only type as well

Players
380 posts

I'll say yes, though I'm happy enough spending a bit of time every four weeks or so to achieve the same result. So I'm just being lazy.

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,978 posts
4,961 battles
2 hours ago, Yogibjoern said:

Yep exactly like that.... Just covering all the special one use only type as well

Thing is, some of those can be within what would be "almost historically accurate", if there was a "historical" filter of sorts.

The feihlee phadraig one is horrid, the halloween, restless fire, gamescon, etc are decent, dunno...

[NED]
Players
1,571 posts
5,789 battles

We should just get a toggle to turn the visuals of them off while still being able to equip them for their bonuses.

It would be a lot of work for wargaming to get that in but at the rate that they introduce new circus tents and the ease that such a system can be expanded it would pay off and please the players who prefer to only see the camo's they want.

• Cool 1

Players
2,795 posts
15,351 battles
10 hours ago, Yogibjoern said:

WG I'm sure quite a few people want a filter in port to turn off brightly coloured or otherwise "unrealistic" Camouflages off. I know I want one.

There are some players like me, which do not see much problem with camos, but more with skins. So it should be 2 filters - one for camos, and second for skins.

[AMOK]
Players
945 posts
5,561 battles

Even when the OP text sound like a claim and not like a proposal the idea is not entirely out of hand.

Since WG already introduced the possibility to switch the colour scheme for some of the camos (really like that) i would appreciate if they do the same for the other camos too. There will be always some u like and some u don't. Personally i don't like the squeaky ones but only because they are squeaky colored. I don't want to turn them off generally but a "filter" which turns them to grey scale shades for example would be amazing. An option in the menus where u can decide if the setting applies for all ships or yours only would be good.

For some it would raise the immersion.

I don't really know on whom to address this maybe @Sehales or @Crysantos or @MrConway ?

[ONIX]
Players
1,075 posts
8,555 battles

That looks like plenty of filters and combinations to me.

I'd love to have the option to not see any camos AT ALL, just plain steel (cue someone telling me it's already in the game :Smile_hiding:)

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,884 posts
2,152 battles
9 hours ago, Donar79 said:

Even when the OP text sound like a claim and not like a proposal the idea is not entirely out of hand.

Since WG already introduced the possibility to switch the colour scheme for some of the camos (really like that) i would appreciate if they do the same for the other camos too. There will be always some u like and some u don't. Personally i don't like the squeaky ones but only because they are squeaky colored. I don't want to turn them off generally but a "filter" which turns them to grey scale shades for example would be amazing. An option in the menus where u can decide if the setting applies for all ships or yours only would be good.

For some it would raise the immersion.

I don't really know on whom to address this maybe @Sehales or @Crysantos or @MrConway ?

This is not something we are a fan of. We have so many consumable camos in game that you should be able to choose some other ones if you have some you really don't like.

It would also require revisiting each an every one of them, a process that can take quite a bit of time.

So unlikely, sorry.

• Cool 1

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
160 posts

I'd like to see one option like "Show all ships in historical camo and original skins". No fuss, no muss

It DOES seem to be getting a bit out of hand just now. How long till Gundam camos or worse skins etc. 

I realise some like them but quite a few don't.

Players
1,576 posts
3,385 battles
55 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

I'd like to see one option like "Show all ships in historical camo and original skins". No fuss, no muss

It DOES seem to be getting a bit out of hand just now. How long till Gundam camos or worse skins etc. 

I realise some like them but quite a few don't.

when WG is able to present this↓ as historical skin, im afraid your only option is to mod

dcWLSdX.png

really i would recommend everyone to visit mod section, there are already plenty of threads for camo adjustments/removal (mine included). the best way right now is sadly "do it by yourself"

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Problem is that I don't want to mod anything since I will have to do it each month with the current pace of patches. Should be a natural service included in the the game itself. You can turn off the ARP, Dragon and HSF stuff why not the Circus style camo's??? It doesn't seem logical in my point of view. I can understand special paintjobs on tanks and aircrafts since they occur frequently in real life. I have never seen a warship painted in so bright colours for real.

Like I wrote earlier , have no problem with other people liking this style of colour. Whatever rocks your boat. Just asking for a option to turn it off for those who thinks it kills the immersion.  

Players
1,576 posts
3,385 battles
50 minutes ago, Yogibjoern said:

Problem is that I don't want to mod anything since I will have to do it each month with the current pace of patches.  

with mods which changes only .dds files, only thing you have to do each patch is to take one folder and put it into another - 3 second work. quicker than launch the game...search for mods with [ALL] designation

Sign in to follow this