You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
howardxu_23

Is the Aiming Systems Modification 1 worth/actually do anything?

10 comments in this topic

Question

[MORSE]
Players
243 posts
601 battles

Found some rather conflicting opinions on them, on if Aiming Systems Modification 1 is worth it. Did some testing in the fuso and had my brother do so with his pespi in firing range for myself(doing this by trying to clip the each other ship’s sides ) seems to have no/unnoticeable difference whatsoever having it or not having it. So I’m here to ask you guys wheather it actually does anything, and if it is actually worth having it or I should ditch it and go for AA guns instead.

9 answers to this question

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,579 battles

Reducing max dispersion is more useful on ships with poor sigma that are more likely to have shells travel towards the outside of their dispersion area also.

Ships with good natural accuracy, no torpedo tubes and no workable secondaries but with decent AA may choose to use AA modification instead (somewhat more compelling on USN BBs that have APRM for more range instead of ASM1).

Ultimately, from the options, ASM1 is more likely to help you secure a kill than the rest across a series of games. You won't always need your AA every game, MBM2 is not highly recommended on any ship as far as I'm aware and SBM2 would be chosen as part of a dedicated secondary build where ASM1 wouldn't be considered.

[CATS]
Players
13,652 posts
10,389 battles

It does something, but is not worth the bother on most ships in my opinion.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,562 posts
6,392 battles

It makes you slightly more accurate, exactly as it says in the description. What you go for is pretty much just a choice you'll have to make based on the ship you play & how you play it

[POI--]
Players
3,192 posts
4,334 battles

IJN BBs - AA is not great and practically won't save you anyway on most ships (except Kii), secondaries are not worth it. Main battery is your main tool.

IJN DDs (or any DD without defAA) - AA range just means your useless AA extends beyond your aerial detection range and apart from Umikaze none of them have secondaries. Gun accuracy on a DD is kind of pointless, but torp traverse speed is nice.

Sailing Hamster
2,336 posts
9,258 battles

Well it does give benefits in every game, while on most ships, the other options don’t offer benefits at all or just in certain matches. So it’s still the go to choice on a large swath of the WoWs lineup. 

[MORSE]
Players
243 posts
601 battles

So for highly accurate ships like Yamato, it is recommended put that on to gain more glorious dispersion, but iffy on less accurate ships, or put that on if secondary/aa on the said ship is not worth buffing right?

Sailing Hamster
2,336 posts
9,258 battles
2 hours ago, howardxu_23 said:

So for highly accurate ships like Yamato, it is recommended put that on to gain more glorious dispersion, but iffy on less accurate ships, or put that on if secondary/aa on the said ship is not worth buffing right?

Well obviously the effects are even larger in less accurate ships, so it’s especially recommended there. While on high sigma ships like Yamato, the effects are least visible. But there’s no better option for Yamato so you still use it.

[MORSE]
Players
243 posts
601 battles

2 hours ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

Well obviously the effects are even larger in less accurate ships, so it’s especially recommended there. While on high sigma ships like Yamato, the effects are least visible. But there’s no better option for Yamato so you still use it.

God damm it I cannot maths :cap_book:so ships with more shotgun like like fuso it’s gonna benifit, but other ships may benifit from aa/secondaries, but if the other 2 stats are not worth it then this is a good mod to fall back on.

that said I don’t see any difference between having it on and not having it on in my testing, so may remove it for AA guns instead.