You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FishDogFoodShack

Nobody uses the Freedom! permoflages, and noone will use the Go Navy permoflages

82 comments in this topic

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

Because they are ugly as sin.

Who greenlit these things? were they having a stroke? I thought the ugly was maxed out with the [edited]bird-bow [edited] Freedom! camos but writing in plain goddamn letters "Don't Tread On Me" across the sides is next level hideous. Comic Sans "Sample Text" in it's place would have been preferable, as at least that would have a tinge of ironic awareness. This new event's rewards seem overwhelmingly lackluster, and it downright disturbing that the only thing really of any value to pick up with the tokens from it looks like it fell out of a garbage bag on the way to the dumpster.

There has been an unsettling pattern with new camouflages, both consumable and permanent added to the game. They keep getting more flashy and more gaudy. If these new permoflages were literally just a measure 22 for our t10 cruisers I'd be foaming at the mouth to get my hands on them. You don't need to waste dozens of manhours modelling this trash.

*edit  

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 3

[KAKE]
Players
645 posts
2,700 battles

Only reason I'm not using them for Balti and Cleve is that:

a) I don't have the camo for Cleve yet.

b) I don't have Baltimore yet.

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,035 battles

I don't think I have any of the gaudy Merica camos (unless you count the Texas one, which I won a while ago, and gets an occasional airing) yet, but I would probably use them now and again, just for a bit of a giggle.

I probably wouldn't if I were on the US server though: someone might mistake me for a ghastly American...!

• Cool 1

Players
1,976 posts
5,911 battles

I have used the Balti one once I received it, but when I did I was kinda through the grind already. Now contemplating on getting the tier 9 and if I transfer the captain my Balti won't be used at all anymore.

I already have the doubloon camo for Cleve and don't have a real reason to start using the freedom camo once I received that one.

I'm not sure about the 2 tier 10 perma camos but I'd most likely use them, if I manage to earn them. I don't have either DM or Wooster though, only tier 10 I currently have is Yamato (with HSF camo).

[BYOB]
Players
2,689 posts
9,853 battles

I'm of a split mind about those camos:

-On the one hand, I'm not sure I really want to see WoWS becoming more and more like in this when it comes to optics. I turned off the space camos for example, as I don't like them.

-On the other hand, I love the Halloween camos, and the American camos look hilariously over the top. I'm using them on both ships (which i kept after grinding to T9), even though I have the normal perma camo on the Cleveland.

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
21 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Because they are ugly as sin.

And how can you tell if we haven't see them? At least I didnt.

Its like you say you gettin laid. Pic or it didn't happen.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PUPSI]
Players
5,861 posts
Gerade eben, Hades_warrior sagte:

PTS. And the Freedom Camos seem to be similar for all ships

Vor 19 Minuten, FishDogFoodShack sagte:

what an arrogance :Smile_facepalm:

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,879 posts

It’s not a camo, it’s a reskin. A port-filter like for Kobayashi, Space, Halloween is direly needed!

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles
17 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Its like you say you gettin laid. Pic or it didn't happen.

MerryVacantDikkops-size_restricted.gif

[UNICS]
Players
2,783 posts
11,545 battles

I do. I got the ordinary premium for both, but who wouldn't sail that eagle camo instead? :Smile_honoring:

Players
2,788 posts
15,349 battles
7 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

He said exactly what a lot of people are thinking. We don't like ugly, childish skins, which has no normal looking alternatives as prizes for events, and they no longer can be hided in game options. If some enjoy them - fine, but forcing them to all community is not fine.

Another useless event for me and wasting time for making another mod to make them just invisible.

• Cool 3

Players
730 posts
11,489 battles

Well, some players do equip them, I've seen them on some Clevelands. I agree that their aesthetics are questionable to say the least: more than truly America-inspiring, they look like something taken from Gotham City (but brightened a bit: a faithful Gotham style would be much darker). The same happens to the neo-baroque of Richelieu's camo, but at least it has the advantage of not being as overelaborate and massive-looking.

Salute.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles
17 hours ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Nobody uses the Freedom! permoflages

I'm glad you represent everyone.

If you don't like them - don't get them. I do like the look of them - which kind of breaks your opening statement

17 hours ago, Uglesett said:

Only reason I'm not using them for Balti and Cleve is that:

a) I don't have the camo for Cleve yet.

b) I don't have Baltimore yet.

Exactly this.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,698 posts
13,142 battles

I use it on my Balti. I only play her in Cherry Blossom tho.

Already have the normal perma camo for Cleve and can't be bothered to switch them. If I didn't I'd use it on Cleve, too.

Weekend Tester
605 posts

Bonuses > visual.

I used camo with better bonuses to grind them.

Once elite I would use freedom camo in cherryOP.

Same for every permacamo.

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
54 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

PTS. And the Freedom Camos seem to be similar for all ships

Sweet. Anyone willing to share the pic here?

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,388 posts
14,127 battles

Yeah, the whole line of camos for the US Cruiser celebrations is F-UGLY.

I used the Baltimore one while Cherry Blossom was Op. of the week because of the bonus, but that's all. Don't use the Cleveland one, and have no intention to grind for the one for Des Moines in the upcoming event.

• Cool 1

Players
1,472 posts
5,740 battles

Random First World Problems Thread is ...  Random.

1/10

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles

I saw a Baltimore that used it once. Given I own no regular USN tech tree cruisers though (muh torps), I don't care too much. Would maybe grind Helena/Cleveland, if they actually released AL Cleveland sock camo, which I find looks less silly. 

[NED]
Players
4,022 posts
10,888 battles

I think you're bluntly arrogant OP. Granted I don't like the way the cammo's look either. But I'm sure there are people who do. It's something you can win for free. So why pound a gift down like that so bad? Don't like it? Don't mount it. It could be arguable to make them sellable for 10 silver for the true haters. And regarding the argument: but I'll see them in battle too is pointless. I don't pay any attention to what cammo my target is using, only how to aim and try to give him/ her as much dmg as possible.

• Bad 1

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

Well, let it not be said that WG net aiming at the lowest common denominator doesn't catch at least a few fish. Probably shouldn't have worded it that nobody uses the damn things, as a lot here seem to be missing the point after latching onto those words like miffed crabs.

@Hades_warrior this is the Sharks permacamo on the Worcester. I can't find the others atm.

0efruz0pbs911.jpg

I personally see no difference between these camos and the infamous Roma beer can. They're gaudy, obnoxious, and have no place with the established aesthetic in the game. They represent a jarring shift. It has plastic-textured sharks jumping out of the superstructure like a goddamn aquarium park show ffs. Can anyone tell me they prefer this to just ... paint? the goofy linoleum shark head on the bow instead of just painted shark jaws and eyes a la warplanes? This is just the most recent and imo egregious example, but there are mods that help me not have to gawk at how ugly the Twitch, Christmas or St. Patrick's Day camos are.

There is a reason the Normandie and Helena camo contestant winners were chosen. They both have class, style and most importantly, a sense of subtlety. The Shark and Eagle camos are the literal equivalent of the Normandie camo reading, "I'M AN OCEAN LINER" along the side of the hull.

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
2,257 posts
7,263 battles
12 hours ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

*edit  

Haha jokes on you since you didn't realize they don't care in slightest, not a single tiny bit about that which is why after all that time we still have laggy UI for example. And stupid camouflages.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,788 battles

I remember when the unique camos were actually thought through and tasteful. Like the Dunkerque for example.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles
16 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I think you're bluntly arrogant OP. Granted I don't like the way the cammo's look either. But I'm sure there are people who do. It's something you can win for free. So why pound a gift down like that so bad? Don't like it? Don't mount it. It could be arguable to make them sellable for 10 silver for the true haters. And regarding the argument: but I'll see them in battle too is pointless. I don't pay any attention to what cammo my target is using, only how to aim and try to give him/ her as much dmg as possible.

If someone hands me a bowl of their own piss and calls it a gift, you're better believe I'm going to drag it down.

Also, dismissing the point that seeing them in-game because you personally don't pay attention to them is fallacious. You don't get to play the perspective card with, "Some people will like it." then arrogantly declare that because you individually don't pay attention, any counterarguement is invalid.

Because guess what guy, some people do pay attention.

• Cool 1