You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kano213

GO NAVY! 0.7.7

38 comments in this topic

[POP]
Weekend Tester
490 posts

So if the maximum number of tokens per side is 100 (for 75 loyalty) and the permanent camos cost 125 tokens, how does this math actually work (without having to pay for special containers that have tokens in them)?

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 10 Minuten, AndyHill sagte:

So if the maximum number of tokens per side is 100

I'd say it is 5 + 15 + 25 +50 + 100 = 195 ...

Players
2,672 posts
12,096 battles

"Are you an Eagle or a Shark?"

- Neither, I'm a seal!  :Smile_sad:

Actually, I like the look of this event. It feels as if Wargaming have examined previous summer events and improved a lot of things to make it feel less "grindy".

I estimate that I can get some useful stuff just by playing normally, and I am encouraged to play more games (but not feel oppressed by having to play excessively)

First impressions - Good Job Wargaming!  :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 4

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Admiral_H_Nelson sagte:

Actually, I like the look of this event. It feels as if Wargaming have examined previous summer events and improved a lot of things to make it feel less "grindy".

Especially that you are not bound to one team is imho a very good move...

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,022 battles

It looks pretty good overall; the only tweak I might suggest (and it's pretty minor) is that for the in-game missions, it might have been sensible to have a simple 'damage' one - getting points for kills is likely to result in some flaky game-play, as people hold fire in the hope of being able to finish a target off.

Whilst removing enemy guns from the game is almost always good (this is why I don't use the phrase 'kill-stealing' incidentally), there is perhaps the risk of people unloading a cataclysmic broadside into an enemy with almost no hp left, when they could more usefully tear huge chunks off a healthier enemy nearby? This, of course, assumes that there is someone weedier nearby who can finish off the damaged foe.

I doubt it's a big problem though...

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,012 posts
25 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

"Are you an Eagle or a Shark?"

- Neither, I'm a seal!  :Smile_sad:

I estimate that I can get some useful stuff just by playing normally, and I am encouraged to play more games (but not feel oppressed by having to play excessively)

First impressions - Good Job Wargaming!  :Smile_honoring:

I agree, the first impression is definately good.

It's not as grindy as Kamikaze R or (especially) GNB. It's not competitive as Clash of the Elements. You can buy the stuff you want/customised rewards. And sensible missions/requirements.

I've enjoyed all the other events as well, but this one really does look good. Is WG actually learning? :Smile_ohmy:

Or, even more shocking, is WG actually listening to us? :cap_haloween:

Spoiler

:Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

[PAD]
[PAD]
Beta Tester
9 posts
10,081 battles

Is it possible to earn tokens from both sides?

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 7 Minuten, rmbg sagte:

Is it possible to earn tokens from both sides?

it should be, since you can chose every day another team. But it won't be easy to get to the max. Loyality of 75 for the final 100 tokens if you change team many times

[PAD]
[PAD]
Beta Tester
9 posts
10,081 battles
10 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

it should be, since you can chose every day another team. But it won't be easy to get to the max. Loyality of 75 for the final 100 tokens if you change team many times

You can earn 5 points everyday. Suppose it lasts for 4 weeks, then you can earn 140 loyality at max. So you can earn 195 tokens from one team and 95 from the other. Seems you need to buy 3 containers to get both camo for des and worcester. Under that condition, you only need to get 95 tokens for both teams, requiring 20 days at least.

Now lets assume everything above is true. If the container price is $5 each, then I would say its not such a good deal considering I can buy discounted doubloons from the shop in some special bundles and buy the camo in game.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, rmbg sagte:

You can earn 5 points everyday.

only if you get the offer to change the team every day

Players
2,787 posts
15,335 battles

After seen such nasty camos as rewards, the main question of this competition for many player is how to persuade WG, to just made them invisible in game options and why there are not normal looking alternatives.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,349 posts

Are there any material differences between the teams? Far as I can tell they mostly have access to the same rewards, and those specific to each have counterparts so they only differ in appearance.

Speaking of appearances, I hope there will finally be a content filter option for all the 'Murica skins.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,946 battles

Anyone who can show how the perma camouflages look like ?

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles

So how is this works? If your team is losing against other (''Alena vs Dasha'' :Smile-_tongue:) you wont get those tokens? is the amount of tokens lower for weaker team?

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Hades_warrior sagte:

So how is this works? If your team is losing against other (''Alena vs Dasha'' :Smile-_tongue:) you wont get those tokens?

you get tokens for loyality not for (team) points

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

you get tokens for loyality not for (team) points

So if I stay in one team until the end I'll get more then 100 tokens.

In that case your previous post sounds like suggestion for changing teams which is bad because you think its a good move.

2 hours ago, Klopirat said:

Especially that you are not bound to one team is imho a very good move...

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Hades_warrior sagte:

So if I stay in one team until the end I'll get more then 100 tokens.

as far as I understand you can get 195 tokens if you reach a loyalily level of 75. If you get several offers to change the team and decline those offers, you will reach the 75 before the end of the event and can then collect tokens for the other team. Or you switch already before for one or two days...

Vor 5 Minuten, Hades_warrior sagte:

In that case your previous post sounds like suggestion for changing teams which is bad because you think its a good move.

that was the frustrating point with the elements event for me: After you selected one team, you could not leave it. And it was clear quite fast which team would win, and that was discouraging for the members of the losing team. And this time it won't be an issue...

Players
380 posts
1 hour ago, Odo_Toothless said:

After seen such nasty camos as rewards, the main question of this competition for many player is how to persuade WG, to just made them invisible in game options and why there are not normal looking alternatives.

On the PTS there was a checkbox that hid the Shark and Eagle permoflagues for the Worchester. Not sure if that also worked on the "Freedom" ones, hope it does.

54 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Anyone who can show how the perma camouflages look like ?

The Eagle and Shark permoflagues are shown in the video and in the screenshot of the Arsenal screen for the event you can see small pictures of the "Freedom" permoflagues, which confirms the ones for Des Moines and Salem are the same style as the art-deco ones already implemented.

• Cool 2

[SERBS]
Players
21 posts
4,106 battles

If you take Salem, you also get a perma camo, since it is a premium ship. Am i right?

Players
1,470 posts
5,740 battles
2 minutes ago, Kassiba said:

Well... Salem looks the same?

Seems not worth the rice grind...

giphy.gif

The grinding is btw getting "a little" out of hand... You sure Wargaming is not korean???

[POP]
Weekend Tester
490 posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Salem's stock camo supposed to have pretty bad bonuses? At least not on the level of the T10 permacamos?

5 hours ago, Klopirat said:

I'd say it is 5 + 15 + 25 +50 + 100 = 195 ...

That's actually possible since you're supposed to get the tokens already during the event, right? It's different if the tokens are awarded in one go after the event.

Most importantly, do we know what triggers the team change offer? A lot depends on the ability to get 5 loyalty per team.

[SERBS]
Players
21 posts
4,106 battles
8 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Salem's stock camo supposed to have pretty bad bonuses? At least not on the level of the T10 permacamos?

I would also like to know the answer on this question.