Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Morgan2016_1

Compliments

24 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,741 posts
4,623 battles

Because otherwise, you could boost clan members that you meet in battles with well... unlimited points.

As of right now, the karma system isn't really that important except for seeing if other people thought you did well/bad or acted in a good manner so there is no reason to change it. It's not like you are in danger of running out of compliments on a regular basis. Reports, on the other hand... :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles
2 hours ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Because otherwise, you could boost clan members that you meet in battles with well... unlimited points.

Wrong. Not that long ago, the karma system has been adjusted, and you can compliment or report  a single player ONLY ONCE, granting him either +1 or -1. There are no more division boosts of +21 karma to a single player.

Other than that, it is an initiative to make you want to have as much karma as possible by behaving nicely, because the higher the karma - the more compliments and reports you are given daily. I average out around 90 at the moment, and I am given 11 compliments and reports. 

[UN]
Weekend Tester
810 posts
18,870 battles

I think if it was unlimited, people would start a "trading club" pretty quickly. Just compliment everyone in every game out of habbit. Easy karma padding.

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles
1 hour ago, Caljostro said:

I think if it was unlimited, people would start a "trading club" pretty quickly. Just compliment everyone in every game out of habbit. Easy karma padding.

Used to exist within clans. You'd start a counted battle with your friend's divisions. No more though.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,158 posts
9,906 battles
2 hours ago, OttoZander said:

Used to exist within clans. You'd start a counted battle with your friend's divisions. No more though.

I see clans still counting down though :cap_popcorn:

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles
18 minutes ago, lup3s said:

I see clans still counting down though :cap_popcorn:

Yes, but for different reasons - attempting to drop into the same team, which works very rarely. Karma collection has nothing to do with it anymore.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,158 posts
9,906 battles
Just now, OttoZander said:

Yes, but for different reasons - attempting to drop into the same team, which works very rarely. Karma collection has nothing to do with it anymore.

If it ever was .. don't really see a point in "karma hoarding" :cap_hmm:

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles
14 minutes ago, lup3s said:

If it ever was .. don't really see a point in "karma hoarding" :cap_hmm:

Never was really, it was being done for show if ever. I remember a chap on the forums posting screenshots of 700+ or 900+ karma. We had a laugh at an old clan member as well for having 400 karma, being such a nice tosser all the time, never getting chat-banned... :)

Alpha Tester
1,741 posts
4,623 battles
8 hours ago, OttoZander said:

Wrong. Not that long ago, the karma system has been adjusted, and you can compliment or report  a single player ONLY ONCE, granting him either +1 or -1.

Can I get a source on this? I can only find the latest karma update from 0.6.6 (addition of daily reports/compliments based on your karma score) and the patches before that does not mention any further karma limitations besides the removal of division boosting.

It is a bit silly if it's true though, as then the different compliment options literally makes no sense. Giving a player compliments for both "plays well" and "good manners" shouldn't be the same as only sending one compliment.

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles
12 hours ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Can I get a source on this? I can only find the latest karma update from 0.6.6 (addition of daily reports/compliments based on your karma score) and the patches before that does not mention any further karma limitations besides the removal of division boosting.

It is a bit silly if it's true though, as then the different compliment options literally makes no sense. Giving a player compliments for both "plays well" and "good manners" shouldn't be the same as only sending one compliment.

It literally came with the same patch, but from what I see WeeGee did not think it was worth mentioning in the patch notes. We found out ourselves only simply by playing the game and noticing the effects during that same week (i.e Karma missing after shooting someone up with compliments, only one would register).

Hence I cannot provide the source, but if you have a CV of tier 7 or tier 10, we can count to enter the same game and end up on the opposing teams, then you or me shoots all of his compliments towards the other and you can witness the missing numbers. Hell, I will even stream it for you! Only if you wish for a solid proof of course... :)

[EUTF]
Players
75 posts

Just out out curiosity, is there any practical use of Karma atm?

I nvr really cared about the Karma....

Players
390 posts
5,750 battles
4 hours ago, Rionage said:

I'm always offended when my karma goes above zero, i'm clearly off my trolling game.

• Funny 3

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,057 posts
3,785 battles

Give me compliments!

Spoiler

[_MIA_]
Players
2,834 posts
5,311 battles
6 hours ago, Rionage said:

U have more Reports/Compliments per day when u have a certain amount of Karma. Not sure what the maximum is, 9 or 10 maybe? At 80 Karma i got 9 per day, dunno if it will get more after that.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,059 battles
On 17.7.2018 at 4:01 AM, OttoZander said:

Wrong. Not that long ago, the karma system has been adjusted, and you can compliment or report  a single player ONLY ONCE, granting him either +1 or -1. There are no more division boosts of +21 karma to a single player.

Other than that, it is an initiative to make you want to have as much karma as possible by behaving nicely, because the higher the karma - the more compliments and reports you are given daily. I average out around 90 at the moment, and I am given 11 compliments and reports. 

You must have 110+ Karma if you got 11 per day (see below)

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

U have more Reports/Compliments per day when u have a certain amount of Karma. Not sure what the maximum is, 9 or 10 maybe? At 80 Karma i got 9 per day, dunno if it will get more after that.

The maximum is 11 reports and 11 compilements/day which you only get if you have 110+ Karma

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/from-russia-with-love/

In response to numerous requests from our players, we increased the daily limit for compliments and reports. Now, once a player has achieved a certain Karma level, their daily limit will also increase:

Karma Level Limit on reports and compliments
0 - 19 7 reports and 7 compliments
20 - 49 8 reports and 8 compliments
50 - 79 9 reports and 9 compliments
80 - 109 10 reports and 10 compliments
>110 11 reports and 11 compliments

Once the update goes live, a respective limit of reports and compliments will be assigned to players depending on their Karma level.

[SV3]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles

Another point. Why are compliments anonymous? I often compliment good players on the red team and I would wish WG to make it possible for them to see that someone on the other side felt they played great, its a feelgood thing! I would even want the reports to be seen, this anonymous-i-can-crap-on-you-from-stealth-because-internet-crap is way to much. If you cant report a player like a man then dont do it at all!

[W-C]
Players
301 posts
1,446 battles
13 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Another point. Why are compliments anonymous? I often compliment good players on the red team and I would wish WG to make it possible for them to see that someone on the other side felt they played great, its a feelgood thing! I would even want the reports to be seen, this anonymous-i-can-crap-on-you-from-stealth-because-internet-crap is way to much. If you cant report a player like a man then dont do it at all!

Agree on the compliments being visible... and I'd also like every report/compliment received to show in the post-match statistics too (I never remember to check karma before/after match).

I can see why you'd want the reports visible too, but I think if it was visible who had reported you, there would just be too much post-report chat abuse (either in game or PM)

Alpha Tester
1,741 posts
4,623 battles
17 hours ago, OttoZander said:

It literally came with the same patch, but from what I see WeeGee did not think it was worth mentioning in the patch notes. We found out ourselves only simply by playing the game and noticing the effects during that same week (i.e Karma missing after shooting someone up with compliments, only one would register).

I see. I remember that one were able to compliment division mates during games without any change to the karma, but the wording in the 0.6.11 patch notes suggests that this was prior to this (and after patch 0.5.2). I suspect that 0.6.6 brought the end of that particular "feature" (without any mentions in the patch notes) while 0.6.11 prevented the act of complimenting former division mates (if one player disconnected or exited early, the division would be cancelled mid-game). I cannot remember if the latter resulted in a karma change though.

17 hours ago, OttoZander said:

Hence I cannot provide the source, but if you have a CV of tier 7 or tier 10, we can count to enter the same game and end up on the opposing teams, then you or me shoots all of his compliments towards the other and you can witness the missing numbers. Hell, I will even stream it for you! Only if you wish for a solid proof of course... :)

No, that won't be necessary. I'll take your word for it until proven otherwise. Besides, even if I had a tier 7/10 carrier, I would run the risk of seeing a negative karma change so a stream would most certainly be required :Smile_teethhappy:.

Anyhow, this means that the option to chose the nature of the compliment is superfluous. Since the receiving players won't see which compliment(s) they received and since they cannot receive more than one karma point per sender, why even bother with multiple options? In the case of reports, it makes sense since the nature of the report will have different consequences; "misbehaviour in chat" leads to a chat ban while "AFK" used to, according to WG though I doubt their sincerity, lead to an investigation of said player (with the automated system, this should no longer be the case).

I also find it a bit funny that if a player is AFK for half the game, comes back only to badmouth everyone on their team and lastly refuses to even try to win/play the game (aka sailing to the border to survive), they would only be able to receive one negative karma point per player. I get that it is done to prevent abuse but still.

Oh well, at least I'll be going to hand out reports to 11 different players now instead of dumping my allotted quota on only some deserving 4-6 :Smile_trollface:.

[UN]
Weekend Tester
810 posts
18,870 battles
On 17.7.2018 at 5:35 AM, OttoZander said:

How does it not work anymore ? I can't compliment clan members I happen to run across in games ?

And while we are at the topic: extend the time I can hand out reports/compliments after a game.

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles
22 minutes ago, Caljostro said:

How does it not work anymore ? I can't compliment clan members I happen to run across in games ?

And while we are at the topic: extend the time I can hand out reports/compliments after a game.

You can compliment them as long as they are not your division mates. But given that your maximum division size is 3, you will only be able to raise his (the other clanmate outside of your own division, on enemy team or yours) karma by +3, making a very long, boring, dull process. 

[SCRUB]
Players
804 posts
7,081 battles
21 hours ago, Rionage said:

If you have a high enough karma, you can't be chat banned and I think you get access to eleven total compliments and reports in a day for the same threshold. 

(It was either 100 or 200, I don't remember.) 

Having idiots raging at whole teams to report you so they can chat ban you...then you go quiet and they roar their success before you start typing again and crush their misplaced hope because your karma is too high to be chat banned. That. That's fun. 

Sign in to follow this