You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LiquidTwist

Nerfed Jap carriers

34 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
1,211 battles

I play the Jap carrier class and frankly the have been nerfed to death! I have tier V11 and x1.I lost   3 squads of fighters and 2 torps and 2 bombers to 1 enemy fighter in seconds.I've gone from averaging 3 kills a round to losing every plane in the first few minutes i can't even get near an enemy ship.I've had players slagging me off and even threatening to report me for not helping.Pretty hard to help anyone when my planes are blown out of the sky before getting in range to attack anything.This is the same with all 3 of my carriers and its made the game unplayable and upsetting the other players.I have played this game since its release and beta tested for you.

Please sort this out or i see no other option to delete the game.

Kind regards Mr Gibson...

Beta Tester
715 posts
10,378 battles
6 minutes ago, LiquidTwist said:

I lost   3 squads of fighters and 2 torps and 2 bombers to 1 enemy fighter in seconds

Enemy figter strafed you, heard of that? Well, you can do it too.

AA is insane these days, spot and hunt DDs at start dont get close to any CA, especially US, look for lone BB.

Any dogfight with US planes is your loss, so either try and lure them on a strafe or get in range of allied ship.

In short, play safer and dont keep your groups too tight when theres enemy fighters near.

• Cool 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,206 posts
11,015 battles
Vor 12 Minuten, LiquidTwist sagte:

I play the Jap carrier class and frankly the have been nerfed to death!

Play US CVs then and see for yourself if it's really the ship that is the problem.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles

Could be wrong, but I do belive IJN CV's have not been nerfed. Sounds like you got strafed, just as @Azalgor said.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,703 posts
13,142 battles

The alt key is a very powerful tool that many people are incapable of mastering. Truly reaching 2 APM is way too hard for the average player.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,558 posts
6,385 battles

Funny thing is that IJN CVs, unlike US ones, haven't been changed for the longest time. At least not that I could recall

As for our problem - sounds like you simply got strafed. Manual attacks are a thing for tier 6+ CVs. As El2... (god damnit dude, couldn't you have a simpler name? :Smile_teethhappy:) you can do them by holding Alt button.

Reasons why this "didn't" happen previously are the following:

• You were playing against potato CVs. Plenty of them have no idea how to / about Alt attacks
  • You yourself are a pretty bad player, which inevitably points towards lack of attention & understanding of what's going on -> that, of course, leads to you not even knowing this happens to you until it happens in the exact spot you were looking at. Tbh - took you long enough

If you like CVs & want to play them more I suggest looking up Farazelleth on YouTube (and Twitch), there's a lot you could learn from him

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,703 posts
13,142 battles
7 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

god damnit dude, couldn't you have a simpler name? :Smile_teethhappy:

keikaku.jpg

• Funny 2

Players
5 posts
1,211 battles

Its also attacking ships  just get blown out of the sky before i even get near.I didn't have this problem a couple of days ago was averaging 3 kills a battle 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,558 posts
6,385 battles
5 minutes ago, LiquidTwist said:

Its also attacking ships  just get blown out of the sky before i even get near.I didn't have this problem a couple of days ago was averaging 3 kills a battle 

No, you were not. Your best are Zuiho / Ryujo with slightly over 1 k/b

You are losing planes bcuz 1) you are attacking cruisers (they have DefAA) and 2) you are ignoring AA ships and thus flying too close to them / leaving your planes in their AA for no reason. All of which are directly related to simple lack of skill

Take a look here:

https://wows-numbers.com/player/508194752,LiquidTwist/

Red = bad. That should paint the picture for you

Players
730 posts
11,504 battles
1 hour ago, LiquidTwist said:

I play the Jap carrier class and frankly the have been nerfed to death! I have tier V11 and x1.I lost   3 squads of fighters and 2 torps and 2 bombers to 1 enemy fighter in seconds.I've gone from averaging 3 kills a round to losing every plane in the first few minutes i can't even get near an enemy ship.I've had players slagging me off and even threatening to report me for not helping.Pretty hard to help anyone when my planes are blown out of the sky before getting in range to attack anything.This is the same with all 3 of my carriers and its made the game unplayable and upsetting the other players.I have played this game since its release and beta tested for you.

Reaching T7 without knowing about manual attacks is either a madman's luck (never facing an adversary that knows about them) or an insane inability to be shocked and investigate. Practicing them when reaching T6 should be a must, but unfortunately WG doesn't make clear the fact that they're available.

A Bogue got surprised yesterday night because I wiped out (with Independence) all the fighter squadrons from an AS Ryujo (can't remember if he had Air Supremacy skill, so let's be conservative and say my 7 planes against his 12) while his own squadron got utterly deleted half a minute before without scratching them. I had to explain him that manual attacks (strafes in this case) are available to T6+ CVs, and I hope he went into some research later because the explanation was hasty in the heat of the moment.

2 minutes ago, LiquidTwist said:

That's another element from T6 and beyond: ships with a lot stronger AA than before, that can be turned into no-fly-zone AA monsters, and in the case of cruisers able to equip DefAA consumable that widens the drops and increases the AA damage output for a while. The lack of enough CVs makes some people neglect their capabilites in that regard, but when you encounter someone that took them into account, not to mention specialized... Better pay more attention at what you target and which other ships are around it or in your flight path.

Salute.

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles
2 hours ago, LiquidTwist said:

Personally I sucks playing CV's But I really think you will benefit taking a look at this guy carrier guides https://www.youtube.com/user/farazelleth/videos

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,558 posts
6,385 battles
2 hours ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Reaching T7 without knowing about manual attacks is either a madman's luck (never facing an adversary that knows about them) or an insane inability to be shocked and investigate. Practicing them when reaching T6 should be a must, but unfortunately WG doesn't make clear the fact that they're available.

He has a Taiho. t7 is bad enough, this one plays tier 9

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,839 posts
3,714 battles

Thanks WG for providing those tutorials that people have been asking about for years. Even though you said multiple times you would, this should not be a priority of course as this illustrates.

I mean it is great that people get to T9 without even knowing basic class mechanics. Truly brilliant. Your hands-off approach to teaching players has done wonders for the average skill level and the health of the CV class in particular, where players need to go onto the forums or Reddit or YT to find out how to do the most fundamental things in a class because it is explained absolutely nowhere ingame.

Spoiler

I'd laugh but I said the exact same thing a year ago and nothing has changed.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,878 posts
5,156 battles
16 hours ago, LiquidTwist said:

This is the same with all 3 of my carriers and its made the game unplayable and upsetting the other players.

Mindblowing fact: How does the CV on the other side manages then? Why does he win? Is he maybe doing something better?

Id suggest you start looking for advice. That you played since beta isnt worth much, when looking at the number of games you played. Rather the opposite. The game changes constantly and when you only play once in a while, you will miss a lot of those changes. Like new strong AA-Cruisers that got put in the game. Really a friendly advice: Listen to the guys in this thread. I can see quite some of the good CV players are around here. Like @El2aZeR @Commander_Cornflakes or @Estaca_de_Bares. If you are nice to them they will give you really helpful tips on how to improve, im sure. gl.

11 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

When you pay attention, you see many T8+ CVs never using any manual attacks. No strafe, no manual drops.

Players
730 posts
11,504 battles
18 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

True, that's even worse. I thought that that x1 he typed was a typo (it still is, though: Roman numeral for 9 is IX) or belonged to some weird following to the phrase, it was hard enough to notice the V11 and interpret it as a VII, or 7.

Salute.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,558 posts
6,385 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

When you pay attention, you see many T8+ CVs never using any manual attacks. No strafe, no manual drops.

Only on your team, never the enemy :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
11 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Only on your team, never the enemy :Smile_trollface:

Nah. Those on my team use manual attacks - especially when they strafe the empty sky in the general proximity of enemy strike planes coming to EDIT me up :Smile-_tongue: Oh, the joy of being a DD and seeing how friendly fighters approach and start strafing everything BUT the enemy planes (that would actually become mostly harmless to you even if allied CV just attached a fighter squadron to them to mess with the drop and/or chase them away) :Smile_teethhappy:

Bonus points for long strafes that end over the best AA ship the enemy team has :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism
  • Funny 2

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles

Guys, everyone commenting - is a reply really granted? You know that no matter what you tell him it wouldn't make a difference. He is very confident that he is not mistaken. 

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles

@Crysantos do you remember that conversation we had in game about improving stuff? It's not that CVs really need a full rework but the lack of proper tutorials slowly turn people off. You can slowly pick up stuff for the other classes but given the role a CV play a proper tutorial is needed. If a new CV player keeps on playing against experienced CV players, his lack of knowledge of even basic CV gameplay like OP above would slowly turn him off. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,160 posts
9,954 battles
5 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Played against such an Essex last night (in my Essex).

He never strafed (or tried to dodge mine), and the one atack he could make was an autodrop .. :Smile_facepalm:

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,972 battles
6 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

i encountered him like 2 weeks ago, i was in my essex an he was with the taiho (with as lodout). He  staked all his fighters and attacked one of my squadron ( i was dropping and nuking  their dd). I strafed his squadrons with the other fighter ( and doing the exit strafe with the one tagged) and ofc nuked all his 15 planes. And then he asked me how that was possible, and that i was a cheater...sigh

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,888 posts
11,299 battles

IJN Carriers are "Expert" mode, harder to handle groups as they're smaller and squisher but the damage potential is far higher than USN stuff unless you count stupid AP troll bombs.

The DoT stack you can inflict on single targets is quite epic...

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,967 posts
5,449 battles

Omg those stats in CVs. OP pls quit playing CVs, you are bad!

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1