Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BChiller

Some say only damage matters but it didn't in this game.

7 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
Players
17 posts
3,950 battles

Hey fellow captains,

I don't have that many high scoring games yet but I have never had a game were I did 227k damage but only resieved 1661 base xp. 

I know the damage was allmost exclusieve to bb's but if there are no other targets what you gonna do? 

I'm playing a full secondairy GK (with IFHE). I know its not optimal but somethimes I like to just go ham in this thing.

Never had any broadside shown to me except for the richilieu who was absolutely melting to my Sfire and had to try to run. Game was a real stomp but still. chased that montana all the way to the border as my team had allready killed most of them.

2018-07-16 (1).png

2018-07-16 (2).png

2018-07-16.png

PS: sory for the bad spelling.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,379 battles
6 minutes ago, BChiller said:

I have never had a game were I did 227k damage but only resieved 1661 base xp.

It's the % of ships max HP that matters. doing 20k to a tier 10 DD is worth far more than doing 90k to a tier 10 BB

Also tier matters - the higher enemies tier, the more you earn for it. Tier 8 ship doing X% to tier 10 ship will earn more than that tier 10 ship doing the same X% to the tier 8 ship

When you turn your dmg into % you've done 134.5% to Montana, 111.1% to Richellieu, 28.1% to Derpitz and 21.8% to Cleve. That's a sum of 295.5%, then add 2x kills (plus 2*15%) for 325.5% - which, while being pretty damn good, isn't actually that spectacular.

As an example (while keeping the tiers the same) doing 24k to Shimamazes + 24.31k to Kageros & getting 2 kills on them (so that would be 48.3k dmg + 2 kills) would have granted you the same exact score

BB farming is easy, but you are wasting your and your teams time by doing it. Conq is a great example of this exact thing. You're much better off ignoring BBs who are not posing a reasonable threat and shooting the cruisers & DDs instead.

• Cool 3

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts

You did most of the damage to a single ship. Nearly 130k of your total is soaked up by the Montana. No matter how much damage you deal to it, it is still a single ship. And you get rewarded for the % of damage specific to the ship.

So as wilkatis pointed out, 130k to DDs is worth a lot. 130k to a single BB, not so much.

The Richelieu is a two tier smaller ship and that's where almost all the rest of your damage went to. Lower tier ship = smaller reward. Same goes for the minmal damage on the Cleveland and Tirpitz.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
17 posts
3,950 battles

I know how the damage is % based of the ships you hit. But still I was really surprised because I also had 4 defends and a cap. 

The thing is though that a lot of people say its only damage that counts. But as you can see from this example thats not really treu. 

And If I can, I allmost allways go for DD's as they are allmost allways the most importend ships in the team IMO. 

And just to make things clear I'm not complaining. Just found this a interesting game and score.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
7,069 battles
3 minutes ago, BChiller said:

I know how the damage is % based of the ships you hit. But still I was really surprised because I also had 4 defends and a cap. 

The thing is though that a lot of people say its only damage that counts. But as you can see from this example thats not really treu. 

And If I can, I allmost allways go for DD's as they are allmost allways the most importend ships in the team IMO. 

And just to make things clear I'm not complaining. Just found this a interesting game and score.

What people mean with "only damage counts" is the fact that you need to do damage (% based) to get any mentionable rewards. The fact that you got 4 defends, a cap, some spotting and a reasonable amount of tanking but are still surprised how low your xp for that game is only considering your damage is pretty much what those people try to point out.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,379 battles
14 minutes ago, BChiller said:

But still I was really surprised because I also had 4 defends and a cap. 

Anything that isn't dmg - don't even bother. WG thinks dmg is the only metric that is important, according to them only dealing dmg wins games. Everything else is secondary at best :cap_old:

16 minutes ago, BChiller said:

The thing is though that a lot of people say its only damage that counts.

That's bcuz stuff like potential dmg (tanking) and spotting dmg give you so laughably low rewards, that they might aswell be removed and you wouldn't feel it.

Dmg is the only one that counts bcuz it's pretty much the only one really rewarded. Capping (mostly solo-capping) does give decent rewards aswell, but that is pretty much the only exception.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,946 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Anything that isn't dmg - don't even bother. WG thinks dmg is the only metric that is important, according to them only dealing dmg wins games. Everything else is secondary at best :cap_old:

That's bcuz stuff like potential dmg (tanking) and spotting dmg give you so laughably low rewards, that they might aswell be removed and you wouldn't feel it.

Dmg is the only one that counts bcuz it's pretty much the only one really rewarded. Capping (mostly solo-capping) does give decent rewards aswell, but that is pretty much the only exception.

^

This.

Had a game in my Gearing with ~200k spotting damage, just over 1M potential damage, and 2 solo caps; and I was 3rd or 4th from the bottom ..

I did my "job", spotted and sunk their only DD, landed few torp hits (40k dmg total), but I got rewarded almost nothing.

Damage(%) is what counts for XP, all others are just puny extras.

Sign in to follow this