Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ketea

BAN Policy

8 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
13,584 posts
10,382 battles
  • Read your eMail, you chose the adress not WG
  • the problem with sweetfx is known to the WoWs community for over half a year
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
7,069 battles

You know there is a specific forumsection dedicated to Mods for a reason.

Only Mods downloaded from there are "whitelisted" and hence 100% save to use. (you can ask support if you got a warning/ban for a mod if you downloaded it there)

Everything else is your own risk and relies on your judgement if you think that mod is okay. (WG will make the final call on that one though once they found out)

You should only give WG an Emailadress you actualy frequent as they could have some important messages for you like i don't know a ban warning.

There is also a dedicated Mod Policity that WG published after they announced the new rules. In those they made very clear that mods like "Reshade" or "sweetfx" in particular are NOT ok to use and why.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/mod-policy/

Edit: Oh and discussing moderation and sanctions made by Mods is against the forum rules so i suggest you edit your thread and pretend nothing happened. :Smile_hiding:

Also what is up with a certain Forumite stalking me and downvoting my posts for no good reason? :cap_yes:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[DAVY]
Players
13 posts
8,168 battles

This 7 days BAN is related to my gameplay and even in my dreams I would have been thinking it's forbidden.

I know WG argumentation and I would agree, but from my point of view, especialy when you don't think about cheating, it wasn't so obvious...

I complain, 3 strike rule doesn't work with this implementation and my case is the prove!

I got 7 days ban in the first strike. End of story.

If you want to work it as expected, dont use email as fisrt strike, do like 1h ban or make it very noticable in game message.

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
63 posts
6,888 battles

I would vote for completely banning all the mods, leaving a plain vanilla client. Could make a voting which parts of current legal mods players wants to see to be as standards and everything else is forbidden. 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 5

Beta Tester
1,349 posts

Always assume something like sweetfx will be illegal in any multiplayer game. Not that they should be banning you for it per se, but it uses .dll files that modify shaders in RAM (I think?) and that's exactly how cheats and viruses and such work too.

Edited by StringWitch

Beta Tester
427 posts
4,865 battles

The thing is, cheating in F2P games that have competitive aspect is massively popular for people competiting in top teams, and in WoWs alone, there are several cheat providers offering premium hacks for real life currency. WG is lacking behind for quality anti-cheat protocol, they ban one cheat provider, 2 other will pop up. WG's only choice right now is to send warnings and mass ban everyone they detect using modified files, even if they were harmless graphics modifications

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts

Surely this isn't a discussion about mods, but one about background software that can manipulate the graphics, I assume they're not allowed as there are ways to cheat using those tools.

Mods are invoked directly by the client and some of them are making it into the "vanilla" client as UI improvements, there are many that are officially sanctioned.

Reshade and sweetfx are 2 of the graphics manipulation tools that can be exploited and trigger the cheat prevention tools that WG use, it's in their published rules.

Sign in to follow this