You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KazeAmaru

Which Premium Ship does earn the most Credits?

18 comments in this topic

Question

Players
62 posts
1,540 battles

Hi,

I am struggling to finance all the ships I have researched by the time I got the experience to unlock them. Thus I figured I would like to buy a premium ship to speed things up vastly.

My question is, what ship does earn the most credits in an average game ( I am not that great of a player ) when all factors such as shell-cost, repair-cost etc are considered?

I lean to towards Alabama or Tirpitz however I am not set on any particular nation as this will be a ship ONLY to farm credits, the crew training aspect is secondary at best.

17 answers to this question

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,195 posts
10,992 battles

Missouri gets the most credits but is currently unavailable.

All other premiums earn the same amount of credits on the same tier and higher tier premiums earn more. So a T8 premium is the best for you.

And obviously you get more credits if you play better, so you should take a class you are good with.

You have the Bismarck already, so Tirpitz with similar playstyle should be a solid choice.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles

Higher tier = better income. Tier 8 premiums are the moneymakers, but expect to fight 10s in at least half of your games. t7 earn less, but they are top tier most of the time. t9 you can't straight up buy from shop as they require 750k free xp, but they earn the most.

After quickly going over your statistics my recommendations for you (in order from best to "still good, but less recommended"):

• Scharnhorst (t7 German battlecruiser, sistership of Gneisenau with 3x3 283mm guns instead of 3x2 380mm)
  • Kii (t8 Japanese battleship - similar-ish to Amagi)
  • Derpitz (t8 German battleship - sistership of Bismarck)

If you are willing to wait a little bit - I'd recommend to wait for about 2 weeks and see if WG does go through with the Ashitaka (t7 Japanese BB - Amagi class as it was actually built) buff or no. If it's a yes (a.k.a. she gets the good AP shells instead of the current ones) then that ship might become actually worth it - probably would list it as #2 in the list above. If they decide not to buff her - currently it's easily one of the worst t7 ships, so you shouldn't waste your money on that pile of junk

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

If you ask for THE best credit earner: that is the tier9 USN BB Missouri, but this freeXP ship is no longer available.

And if you have no premium ship at all yet, then I would recommend a tier7 ship, because they have the advantage to be more toptier then their counterparts in tier8, which frequently have to face tier10 ships.

So, I would recommend the german BB Scharnhorst, as she is a very handsome ship and fits the playstyle of a BB as well as a CA. Or the Belfast, if you are lucky, as this OP-ship will never be sold again (which means in WG-language that you will find this ship in the store in an overpriced bundle in the future). My personal tier7 creditmaker is the Atlanta, but it is hard to achieve good results if you are not familiar with her playstyle. Further recommentions: Nelson, Kaga or Saipan.

edit:

I missed one advantage of tier7 premiums: you can use them in tier7-Operations. And a wellplayed Atlanta in Narai could easily achieved more then one million credits.

Players
62 posts
1,540 battles
27 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Oh, and you should wait a few days for summer sale ^^

Are there estimates or even dates available when that will hit?

Also I've seen no mention of the Alabama here, is it that much worse compared to Scharnhorst/Tirpitz?

[OM]
3,195 posts
10,992 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, KazeAmaru sagte:

Are there estimates or even dates available when that will hit?

Also I've seen no mention of the Alabama here, is it that much worse compared to Scharnhorst/Tirpitz?

Not exactly, but it should be here soon.

And Alabama is a good ship, but you don't have much experience with American battleship's playstsyle.

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles
1 minute ago, KazeAmaru said:

No, but the Alabama offers nothing special. I would rather recommend to get the premium camo for the North Carolina (3,000 doubloon = ~15EUR) then to buy the almost same Alabama for over 40EUR. The Tirpitz and the Scharnhorst have turtleback, great secondaries and torpedos for brawling.

Players
62 posts
1,540 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Not exactly, but it should be here soon.

And Alabama is a good ship, but you don't have much experience with American battleship's playstsyle.

True but for some reason, I noticed that with the British Ships as well, i have a much easier time hitting things with a Triplet Gun-Layout than with more Doublets.

[OM]
3,195 posts
10,992 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, KazeAmaru sagte:

True but for some reason, I noticed that with the British Ships as well, i have a much easier time hitting things with a Triplet Gun-Layout than with more Doublets.

That's not because of the number of guns, german battleships have worse dispersion in general.

Beta Tester
1,347 posts

Convert XP for Kronstadt. Tier 9 like Missouri, Russian and basically a battleship so you know it'll never be nerfed or allowed to suck.

[POI--]
Players
3,176 posts
4,314 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Higher tier = better income. Tier 8 premiums are the moneymakers, but expect to fight 10s in at least half of your games. t7 earn less, but they are top tier most of the time. t9 you can't straight up buy from shop as they require 750k free xp, but they earn the most.

After quickly going over your statistics my recommendations for you (in order from best to "still good, but less recommended"):

• Scharnhorst (t7 German battlecruiser, sistership of Gneisenau with 3x3 283mm guns instead of 3x2 380mm)
  • Kii (t8 Japanese battleship - similar-ish to Amagi)
  • Derpitz (t8 German battleship - sistership of Bismarck)

If you are willing to wait a little bit - I'd recommend to wait for about 2 weeks and see if WG does go through with the Ashitaka (t7 Japanese BB - Amagi class as it was actually built) buff or no. If it's a yes (a.k.a. she gets the good AP shells instead of the current ones) then that ship might become actually worth it - probably would list it as #2 in the list above. If they decide not to buff her - currently it's easily one of the worst t7 ships, so you shouldn't waste your money on that pile of junk

Kii (and Ashitaka, but viability depends on buff) also might at some point return to shop in bundles with Kobayashi camo, which has pretty decent credit earning potential (and isn't Roma's floating beercan).

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles
40 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

basically a battleship so you know it'll never be nerfed

Actually it won't be nerfed bcuz it's a premium. Last time I checked ships like Saipan, Kaga and Kamikaze are not BBs :cap_old:

[AS13]
Players
1,123 posts
1,524 battles
49 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Kii (and Ashitaka, but viability depends on buff) also might at some point return to shop in bundles with Kobayashi camo, which has pretty decent credit earning potential (and isn't Roma's floating beercan).

Wutwutwut! Seems like a must-have to me, what brand camo can I get for it?

Hein_RYC_3242.jpg?v=1501262632

• Funny 2

[POI--]
Players
3,176 posts
4,314 battles
2 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Wutwutwut! Seems like a must-have to me, what brand camo can I get for it?

Hein_RYC_3242.jpg?v=1501262632

fe8d4196-fc2e-11e7-a5d0-38eaa7374f3c.png

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
1,347 posts
23 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Actually it won't be nerfed bcuz it's a premium. Last time I checked ships like Saipan, Kaga and Kamikaze are not BBs :cap_old:

I'm thinking of indirect nerfs through the game changing around the ship; admittedly 'mothballed' would've been a better term. Like buying Blyskawica and later getting hit by radar addition, stealth gunfire removal, global torpedo detection range changes (mostly increases iirc), sonar change to be better on higher tier ships, addition of German ships with even better sonar, and double plane skill.

Players
847 posts
7,674 battles

Depends.

Missouri had the best factor, Musashi is the heir but less lucrative, but if you're not very good at high tier game play, you're probably doing better in Nelson, Indianapolis or Scharnhorst, on average.

Of which I'd say Indianapolis is the easiest to play successfully. I'd never have bought her but got her for free in the recent marathon and was pleasantly surprised. She's a fairly regular cruiser, well-balanced, fairly tanky, not as situational as Atlanta, which is fun but difficult to play well and needs at least a 14pt captain to be any good.

The Italian cruisers have been called Ferraris, don't have any myself though. Easy enough to stuff a Ferrari into a hedge if you aren't a good driver ;-)

Whatever you do, don't buy a Graf Spee though. At least not at full retail price. Neither buy a Krasny Krim, nor a Huang He.

Also better not buy a Tier VIII ship if you've not unlocked a T8 silver ship yet because you probably won't be competitive no matter how good the ship is.

You also need to consider the competition in general. In a T8 ship, you will end up in high tier battles half the time. At Tier V, VI or VII, you won't, but you can often get into uptiered matches all the same, and also run the risk of being up against unfair OP ships like Belfast or Flint, or have no radar ships on your team while the others have multiple ones.

You might also want to look at the "Ship of the day" promotion. Currently it's the Lo Yang, which is very good. A pity they don't throw in a Captain. But still. The other day it was Warspite, and even though I wouldn't recommend her ordinarily, that was a good offer. Sadly, they don't seem to announce the discounted ships in advance but only on the day.

https://worldofwarships.eu/de/news/premshop/steamy-summer-sail/

Ceterum censeo getting a premium account would be a lot more effective when it comes to increasing the silver yield, but the current offers are not very good. Better to wait for a good promotional discount and just go with the "7 items" at maximum, for now, to tide you over.

Players
847 posts
7,674 battles
Am 15.7.2018 um 17:59, Commander_Cornflakes sagte:

That's not because of the number of guns, german battleships have worse dispersion in general.

Yeah well, having fewer guns doesn't exactly help though. Gneisenau, Bismarck and Tirpitz have the fewest guns of their tier.