You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yogibjoern

Any chance a US version of the "Boise" will be available??

102 comments in this topic

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Wondering if we can get a original USN version of the USS Boise?? Would be a shame not to have a US Brooklyn class cruiser in game. Before any argue that there already is one in game (USS Helena) This ship is considered as a St. Louis class in my book.

I don't care if it is having radar or not. Since the model already exist it would be a relative simple request.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
2,673 posts
9,762 battles

WG has confirmed that both the prison ship ARA Nueve de Julio and the cruiser USN Boise will be available for purchase. WG listens, but only because we spoke money instead of sense to them.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Where did they confirmed a US version?? Zoup was only talking about the Argentine

[XTREM]
Players
1,387 posts
9,577 battles

Yeh give em reason for same ship, 35 euros.... what a smart guy you are...

[BYOB]
Players
2,673 posts
9,762 battles
47 minutes ago, Yogibjoern said:

Where did they confirmed a US version?? Zoup was only talking about the Argentine

In the vid description. Sorry for not making it clear.

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Still interpret the vid as Argentine ship only. Listen to what he says. Started as USS Boise but made way to the Pan American Argentine...

[BIF]
Players
43 posts
1,696 battles
1 minute ago, Yogibjoern said:

Still interpret the vid as Argentine ship only. Listen to what he says. Started as USS Boise but made way to the Pan American Argentine...

Its in the description of the video :

Note... last second news came to us stating that there would be two variants of this ship. Both Nuevo de Julio AND USS Boise. Stats on both ships are the same. Only difference is the name and nation. Pick your poison.
  • Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,673 posts
9,762 battles
12 minutes ago, Yogibjoern said:

And the video was made by WG???? No!! Maybe @Tuccy @MrConway @Crysantos can Clarify this?

The video was made by a WG Community Contributor who has a history of being honest and a direct access to WG. Why do you suppose he's not telling the truth?

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,001 posts
32 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Yeh give em reason for same ship, 35 euros.... what a smart guy you are...

Well for people like me who on basic principle find Argentine ships extremely offensive, not ignoring the fact it was used as a concentration camp and torture location I will never, every buy it.

The Boise on the other hand I would buy, so WG may keep a few customers who won't buy it with the Argentine flag.

I would like to see an official statement that it will also be sold as Boise.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,387 posts
9,577 battles
Just now, BeauNidl3 said:

Well for people like me who on basic principle find Argentine ships extremely offensive, not ignoring the fact it was used as a concentration camp and torture location I will never, every buy it.

The Boise on the other hand I would buy, so WG may keep a few customers who won't buy it with the Argentine flag.

I would like to see an official statement that it will also be sold as Boise.

snowflake.

• Funny 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,001 posts
Just now, Boris_MNE said:

snowflake.

Not really, spent far too much time with the RN, with wounded soldiers and sailors injured during the Falklands war, lost friends in that war, had a school friend that was on the Conqueror when she torpedoed the Belgrano and worked with the guy who when serving prepared the torpedo that sank the Belgrano.

I have active reasons to object to the Argentine Navy being represented in the game, that's not snowflakism.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles
4 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Not really, spent far too much time with the RN, with wounded soldiers and sailors injured during the Falklands war, lost friends in that war, had a school friend that was on the Conqueror when she torpedoed the Belgrano and worked with the guy who when serving prepared the torpedo that sank the Belgrano.

I have active reasons to object to the Argentine Navy being represented in the game, that's not snowflakism.

Suspect you are not alone in this. At least the first part.

Whether you're alone or not in the second is rather hard to say seeing as nobody has gone out and agreed on here (afaik)

[HAERT]
Players
2,001 posts
5 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Suspect you are not alone in this. At least the first part.

Whether you're alone or not in the second is rather hard to say seeing as nobody has gone out and agreed on here (afaik)

I know I'm far from alone in this, I know many survivors of that war.

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles
1 minute ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I know I'm far from alone in this, I know many survivors of that war.

Also, as itself a former prison ship the Nuevo can not be all that popular in Argentina while we're at it. (didn't we have this discussion in the last thread on this ship)

[HAERT]
Players
2,001 posts
6 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Also, as itself a former prison ship the Nuevo can not be all that popular in Argentina while we're at it. (didn't we have this discussion in the last thread on this ship)

Indeed, quite apart from the fact that the Argentine Navy should never be represented in a game based around WW1/WW2 and some a bit later, that ship saw very grim service and it's really not appropriate to glorify its Argentine service. WG are aware of that history too and they feel it is appropriate for some bizarre reason.

• Bad 1

Players
777 posts
6,829 battles

I might well buy this thing as the USS Boise. 

Leaving aside the history in Argentine service, the Boise fought in WW2, and that's really all there is to it.

Also I really have no use for a premium without a silver tree to use it as a trainer for. A bit like the Perth -- I wonder when, if ever, we're getting an actual tree. I figure I'll be dead of old age before there's a pan American cruiser tree.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,644 posts
13,071 battles
4 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

that ship saw very grim service and it's really not appropriate to glorify its Argentine service

And yet we tolerate the presence of IJN ships in this game.

To clarify I'm not making light of the crimes committed, but it all seems hypocritical to demand one ship to be removed due to her service when others are not only fine but are presented as one of the premier tech trees of this game. I'm of Chinese descent, my grandparents lived through the Japanese occupation and just remembering the few things they were willing to talk about chills me to the bone.

Yet I'm not offended at all that WG included IJN ships. And really, no one should be. If you want to blame something, blame the people who made the decisions, not the means with which they accomplished them. One has the power to choose, the other does not.

You could also view it as an educational opportunity. People who buy her may get interested in her history and learn of what happened, while those that don't will never learn of it anyway. Keeping history alive is an important venture, especially now when actual memories become increasingly sparse and lessons learned have begun to fade.

• Cool 12

Players
392 posts
5,758 battles
6 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

snowflake.

460100096.jpg?w=748&h=508&crop=1

"Yes I've heard this word. I think sociopaths use it in an attempt to discredit the notion of empathy"

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,388 posts
14,086 battles
9 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Falklands war was almost 40 years ago. You obviously have a big problem. I'd suggest you going to a psychologist.

What if I told you that I'm Argentinian and I have objections to the Royal Navy being in the game? It would be ridiculous.

• Cool 5

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,549 posts
9,070 battles
3 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

460100096.jpg?w=748&h=508&crop=1

"Yes I've heard this word. I think sociopaths use it in an attempt to discredit the notion of empathy"

I'm sorry but his argument is "I've been around people who served in the ship who sank the ship from the navy in question, therefore I find it offensive to have that navy and even worse, that ship in game"

What next? Complaining that Spain is in the game because you know a Condor legion veteran? 

It's doubly asinine considering that there's absolutely no problem having the Dunkerque or Bretagne in game, despite them having been shot at by British ships in "controversial" (which seems to be the British word for "Our action was clearly scummy, but we won't admit it") manner, or to bring the argument home, no problem having the USN in the game because the IJN attacked it at Pearl Harbor.

The argument would at least make some ****ing sense if he were offended if the Belgrano sank the Conqueror, but the way he's presenting it is absolutely ridiculous, nonsensical, and downright illogical considering the history being quite a few ships in game and them having been fired at in even more "controversial" ways.

• Cool 3

[XTREM]
Players
1,387 posts
9,577 battles

With all respect, I simply dont care for reasons OP mentioned...

But I am VERY MUCH worried if they start putting same ships in shop  for money... greed would be real there... seriously you dont see anything wrong with it?

[PUPSI]
Players
5,813 posts
Vor 24 Minuten, Boris_MNE sagte:

But I am VERY MUCH worried if they start putting same ships in shop  for money... greed would be real there... seriously you dont see anything wrong with it?

because they are listening to their players? that are not interested in another nation but like to get an premium Tier 7 US cruiser?

• Cool 1

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles
1 hour ago, Boris_MNE said:

With all respect, I simply dont care for reasons OP mentioned...

I don't understand the problem. Assuming they get put in the shop at the same time and for the same price ... what is the big deal? The customer has the choice to buy one or the other. This doesn't strike me as overtly greedy, at least no more than what they've done for other premiums (Ashitaka being shitty reused assets, etc.) I mean, Tirpitz is literally just the Bismarck with torps. Boise is just Helena with a heal and some lost consumeables. You could argue the difference between her and her tech tree equivalent is actually bigger than Tirpitz/Bismarck. Tirpitz has been in the game forever, and I find it more "greedy" than this. You just get the choice of making Boise/Neuvo a captain trainer or not here.

Unless you mean that like, they should be the same ship, just with the name and flag being interchangeable in game, but I don't think the former is possible.

I can't imagine people are going to be inclined to buy both. It is barely different from Graf Spee and it's HSF variant.

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

I'm more interested in USS Boise than the Argentine version. Simply because of history of said ship in WWII