Sign in to follow this  
powerfullblackmr_tr

required vessels?

19 comments in this topic

[NED]
Players
4,022 posts
10,888 battles

None. IMO all tanks should stay in Garage because I think WOT sucks. Like WTF is the fun in this game??? Drive 100m, get tracked, get blown and get to the next match? With 1 puny gun?! And limited ammo? Thanks but no t(h)anks. I let all of my tanks to rot in peace in their holy garage. Never ever going to play this abomination again. Before you draw the L2P card. I don't want to learn this. At least in wows beginners are given some form of protection. Maybe in WOT as well, Which means I suck beyond the realm of sucking. Which even diminishes any motivation to ever install this plague again.

On topic: that's a personal question. I think everybody has that or a few ships which they can't manage to function. For me it's the Italian line, Yamato, U52, CV's and the RN cruiser line. I know I'll be "lynched" by players who think differently. But like I said: it's very personal.

• Funny 2

[PST]
Alpha Tester
472 posts
4,973 battles

i think its keep in the garage as its good :)

well for me its mostly IJN cruisers, and battleships

i can say i love Amagi and fuso, 2 ships i will keep long long time, 

same with benson in US line

got to many premiums so i dont have much more ships to love, but if i dint have i would taken a tier 8 USSR one included but i got kutuzov so i dont need another tier 8.

[AS13]
Players
1,167 posts
1,556 battles

Now that I sort-of-unerstand the question, you mena: which ones are 'keepers'?

I'll keep Leander. And New York, and Arizona. Not too sure about anything else yet.

Some are good, someless so - but these three I have the most fun games with. 

Beta Tester
1,349 posts

I think OP means "IS-3 in WOT has been powercrept to my garage, so I want to play WOWS instead; what OP tier 8 ships are equivalent to the IS-3".

My answer for you is: Bismarck.

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,167 posts
1,556 battles
13 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

I think OP means "IS-3 in WOT has been powercrept to my garage, so I want to play WOWS instead; what OP tier 8 ships are equivalent to the IS-3".

I had a look at his stats: https://wows-numbers.com/player/530829050,powerfullblackmr_tr/?type=solo

Looks like he has mainly USA BBs and is having a bit of trouble in them to be doing well.

Maybe a warning: WOWS is not like WoT... no GOLD AMMO here... NO IS-3...

If you use a higher tier ship, you will also meet higher tier players (and you will not like it).

Looks (to me) like you need a bit more practise. This is NOT like WoT where the 'right' vehicle gives best points.

I keep the ships that I like, and for premium I try getting something that I like. 

There is NO 'money making bank' ship... Belfast isn't sold anymore... besides that: if it is in game, it is 'prime target'. LOL.

[POI--]
Players
3,191 posts
4,331 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I had a look at his stats: https://wows-numbers.com/player/530829050,powerfullblackmr_tr/?type=solo

Looks like he has mainly USA BBs and is having a bit of trouble in them to be doing well.

Maybe a warning: WOWS is not like WoT... no GOLD AMMO here... NO IS-3...

If you use a higher tier ship, you will also meet higher tier players (and you will not like it).

Looks (to me) like you need a bit more practise. This is NOT like WoT where the 'right' vehicle gives best points.

I keep the ships that I like, and for premium I try getting something that I like. 

There is NO 'money making bank' ship... Belfast isn't sold anymore... besides that: if it is in game, it is 'prime target'. LOL.

Missouri makes money, Musashi and Kronshtadt make money. I would guess Kobayashi camo ships make ok money and any premium that has decent performance fitted with Gamescom camo, Wyvern, Zulu and India Bravo Terrathree is going to print money (especially with premium account).

Spoiler

shot-18.06.22_03.16.52-0780.jpg

If only I'd have won...

[AS13]
Players
1,167 posts
1,556 battles
2 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Missouri makes money, Musashi and Kronshtadt make money. I would guess Kobayashi camo ships make ok money and any premium that has decent performance fitted with Gamescom camo, Wyvern, Zulu and India Bravo Terrathree is going to print money (especially with premium account).

Reveal hidden contents

shot-18.06.22_03.16.52-0780.jpg

If only I'd have won...

Looking at his stats, he will not make money in T10... not with a Missouri hung with flags and camo.

I doubt that I myself will, mind that is a 2 kills and 193 hits game there.OK it's a loss, but still. 

TBH I doubt if I would make that in a Harekaze (my son would though).  

And I am pretty sure OP will be not any better than me, no disrespect intended. 

[POI--]
Players
3,191 posts
4,331 battles
7 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Looking at his stats, he will not make money in T10... not with a Missouri hung with flags and camo.

I doubt that I myself will, mind that is a 2 kills and 193 hits game there.OK it's a loss, but still. 

TBH I doubt if I would make that in a Harekaze (my son would though).  

And I am pretty sure OP will be not any better than me, no disrespect intended. 

Well, maybe not, but same for Belfast. In terms of printing money, you don't need an OP ship, you just need a decent one with proper modifiers. And when it comes to OPness, Belfast isn't OP because every potato can do well in it, it's OP because of the tools it has that can be used well in the hands of people with an idea of what they are doing. And while Belfast isn't being sold anymore, the only reason König albert and Giulio Cesare don't print tons of credits for facerolling opposition is because these ships are lower tiers, having not very great credit modifiers.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,967 posts
5,449 battles

Nani?

• Bad 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,556 posts
5,035 battles
On 7/14/2018 at 1:42 PM, powerfullblackmr_tr said:

Is3 in wot has to stay in the garage, Which ships are wows

I assume you mean which are solid keepers?

In which case, there are probably as many answers as there are players, and the answer will vary significantly depending on where you are in your development, and which types of ships you gel with. Your battle count is still fairly low, so your own answer will most likely evolve greatly over the next thousand or so games.

For me, I tend to keep quite a lot of ships (I don't mind buying port slots when they're on offer); at least in part because when you sell a silver ship you lose half the silver value that you paid (obviously, you should never sell a premium - like in WOT).

I've kept one or two of the low tier 'dakka' cruisers, because they're plain hilarious (along with several premium equivalents); I also hold onto anything where I have permanent camo; I've kept several T4 ships (mostly DDs and cruisers) too, for when I fancy some protected MM messing about; overall, most of my keepers are IJN DDs and the RN cruiser line (even though I'm rubbish with them - they're fun). Gneis and Bismark are looking like keepers too; I don't really like BBs on the whole, but with a secondary build, those two are a hoot (and gel nicely with Shinyhorse, and Derpitz for captain training).

Players
1,991 posts
5,911 battles
On 14-7-2018 at 7:42 PM, powerfullblackmr_tr said:

Is3 in wot has to stay in the garage, Which ships are wows

It depends on what you find fun to do and what your intentions are.

Generally speaking, I keep the good vessels which I have already gotten access to (new players can't be too picky, they need to first build up their fleet and access to more ships first) and ships which serve some purpose (ships that are fun I also keep, fun is also a purpose and one that is easy to forget).

Basically, keep a ship of every tier that you like. Low tier USSR DDs are fun, so many torps!

I also keep tier 3 Wakatake (due to halloween camo, so +50% xp) Tier 4 Clemson, tier 5 Kongo, tier 6 Budyonny and La Ga (tier 6 operations).

I also keep a tier 5 and tier 6 CV at hand, mostly for missions.

Tier 7 King George V is a good ship I think.

Tier 8, Amagi and North Carolina are good ones, as is Charles Martel.

Can't say much about tier 9 except to not keep Izumo lol.

Tier 10, all :cap_cool:

But remember that the silver ships tend to be a bit underpowered compared to some of the premium ships out there and also your playstyle may differ a lot from mine.

Some ships you may want to keep for whatever personal reason you come up with. Some ships I only started playing (and kept playing) due to receiving a free perma camo from some mission, the extra xp is nice for training its captain and the daily crates :Smile_great:

Of course you can go all premium ships, then you have more to chose from.

On 16-7-2018 at 12:03 AM, Ferry_25 said:

None. IMO all tanks should stay in Garage because I think WOT sucks. Like WTF is the fun in this game??? Drive 100m, get tracked, get blown and get to the next match? With 1 puny gun?! And limited ammo? Thanks but no t(h)anks. I let all of my tanks to rot in peace in their holy garage. Never ever going to play this abomination again. Before you draw the L2P card. I don't want to learn this. At least in wows beginners are given some form of protection. Maybe in WOT as well, Which means I suck beyond the realm of sucking. Which even diminishes any motivation to ever install this plague again.

On topic: that's a personal question. I think everybody has that or a few ships which they can't manage to function. For me it's the Italian line, Yamato, U52, CV's and the RN cruiser line. I know I'll be "lynched" by players who think differently. But like I said: it's very personal.

What Italian line though? Otherwise agreed about the WoT garage :Smile_sceptic:

What an utterly frustrating game that has turned in to...

And I see no reason to lynch you here :Smile_great:

Spoiler

(for now :Smile_trollface: no just kidding :Smile_hiding:)

I think beginners have it very good in fact, the only major hurdle was tier 5 without any captains with the Conceilment Expert skill (and Izumo but I wasn't a beginner anymore but that ship was wrong on so many levels.....).

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,022 posts
10,888 battles
2 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

What Italian line though

I don't know Rain. In this I'm completely at a loss. I own Julio and D'Aosta. And both ships I I can't bloody get to function. D'Aosta gave me WOT deja vu's. Sail 20 m. Boom. Bye. And In Julio I can't hit the air in a barn from the inside. Not even trying to dream of hitting the walls and keep my expectations realistic. Don't start: I know it's me, not the ship.

[SIEGE]
Players
55 posts
4,972 battles
On 16/07/2018 at 9:27 PM, StringWitch said:

This. This SO HARD...

[AS13]
Players
1,167 posts
1,556 battles
On 27-7-2018 at 1:40 AM, RegularLogic said:

This. This SO HARD...

Boarff. Already a few Bismarcks met their fate at the end of the barrels of Hood. 

I'd not call Bismarck OP, at all. Maybe US premium BB. 

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,389 posts
14,127 battles

A few good ones (non-Premium):

T2: Umikaze (Japanese destroyer)

T3: St Louis (US cruiser)

T4: Clemson (US destroyer)

T5: Kongo (Japanese battleship)

T6: Budyonny (Russian cruiser)

T7: Gadjah Mada (Pan-Asian destroyer)

T8: Amagi (Japanese battleship)