You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mahaaret

Nerf or Remove Radar

Ner or Remove Radar  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Radar has killed DD play It is almost impossible to cap since radar came into the game,i am seeing more and more radar than ever before Most stupid idea ever implemented into this game,

• Nerf
    • Remove

624 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts

Radar has killed DD play

It is almost impossible to cap since radar came into the game,i am seeing more and more radar than ever before

Most stupid idea ever implemented into this game

• Cool 7
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 11
  • Bad 22

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

Has it made DD play more chalanging, defenetly, has radar killed DD play, not really, keep a eye out where the radar ships are, theyr ranges, and dont be the first in the cap at the begining of the match. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,262 posts
7,954 battles

Third option is missing. 

I.e. radar as a concept is totally fine and in the game for ages now.

• Cool 22
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
[CATS]
Players
41 posts
3,945 battles

The Radar must be Nerf,because must have an Radar Shadow.Behind Ilse you can't see an Enemy Ship...And So you have more Changes with an DD? 

Players
2,904 posts
5,171 battles
4 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Third option is missing.

and the forth option: give EVERY ship a radar. Seriously. after what Ive seen in the last three days. Where to start? Maybe the best one.

- 500 points ahead. Kagero left on our side, Seattle on their side. 5 mins. 4 ppl telling the Kagero: its won just run. What does he do? Scoopes around the Seattle, trying to torp him. He gets radared once, survives. You think he learned? nah. Gets radared again, loses more HP. survives. You think he learned? hell no. 40 sec left. Seattle pushes radar no. 3. Kagero dead, we lost while points were 750:550. If anyone thinks im making this up, i will upload proof.

Seriously. Give every ship a radar with 0 CD. So those kinda players do:

a) FINALY FREAKKIN LEARN

b) leave the game and never come back.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,972 posts
5,450 battles

How about none

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
715 posts
10,388 battles

Radar needs a tweak, mostly in duration and its detection regarding targets behind large islands, something like no longer than 25-35 sec and aquisition of targets behind islands ~5km and should be fine.

• Cool 4

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,207 posts
11,028 battles

Radar is fine, OP is just a bad player that can't deal with it because he is unable to adapt his playstyle to different situations.

• Cool 9
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,194 battles

This reminds me of that question: "Have you stoped beating your wife recently?" you can only answer Yes or no.

- Yes: You were beating your wife!

- No: You were beating your wife AND STILL doing it!

Doesn´t matters if you never did it, or even if you don't even have a wife!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 10

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles

I vote 3rd option: "OP is a potato"

56 minutes ago, Mahaaret said:

Nerf or Remove Radar

Alternatively you could stop sucking and git gud

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles

Nice biased poll there m8. In case you aren't aware, not even including a option to leave things as is makes for a very biased poll.

• Cool 4

[WGP2W]
Players
309 posts
5,952 battles

I love how everyone is fine with there being a [edited]overabundance of radar in every game. 3 or 4 radars per side is the norm, Missouries everywhere as well.

But keep pretending that high tier DD gameplay is fine. Maybe in your lame pubstomping divisons yes, but definetly not for the average Joe.

Still there is no MM algorithm that would at least split radars evenly, more often then not radar ships are distributed very badly amongst the teams, leading to more landslide victories/defeats.

I stopped playing high tier DDs completely because they are frustrating and unrewarding to play. More often then not you can not even enter a cap, because there will be 2 radar ships camping behind an island all game long, and all you can do is hope that your team can dig them out.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,904 posts
5,171 battles
7 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

but definetly not for the average Joe.

The avarage joe, that cant deal with radar, has plenty of DDs to pick from. T2....T7. Or stop at T5 if u really want to make sure.

8 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Still there is no MM algorithm that would at least split radars evenly, more often then not radar ships are distributed very badly amongst the teams, leading to more landslide victories/defeats.

That I agree with.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles

I understand what "removing" OP from the Forum might mean, but how can he be nerfed? :cap_hmm:

5 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

I love how everyone is fine with there being a [edited]overabundance of radar in every game. 3 or 4 radars per side is the norm, Missouries everywhere as well.

But keep pretending that high tier DD gameplay is fine. Maybe in your lame pubstomping divisons yes, but definetly not for the average Joe.

I stopped playing high tier DDs completely because they are frustrating and unrewarding to play. More often then not you can not even enter a cap, because there will be 2 radar ships camping behind an island all game long, and all you can do is hope that your team can dig them out.

I love how people assume that everyone who's fed up with braindead whine threads must clearly be a fan of seeing 5 Radars per side :Smile_sceptic:

Although, I must say - the side effect that is the reduction in high tier DD population is a great thing. Playing high tier DDs has actually became more relaxed since people started panisking about Radars. Instead of 1-2 Radars I seem to be usually facing 2-4 Radars - but at the same time instead of 4-5 DDs I'm facing 2-3. It's actually a decent trade for me as a DD main :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

Players
2,904 posts
5,171 battles
5 minutes ago, eliastion said:

I love how people assume that everyone who's fed up with braindead whine threads must clearly be a fan of seeing 5 Radars per side :Smile_sceptic:

Although, I must say - the side effect that is the reduction in high tier DD population is a great thing. Playing high tier DDs has actually became more relaxed since people started panisking about Radars. Instead of 1-2 Radars I seem to be usually facing 2-4 Radars - but at the same time instead of 4-5 DDs I'm facing 2-3. It's actually a decent trade for me as a DD main :Smile_trollface:

Exactly. Also, what strikes me about these Radar-Whine-Threads, is the presumption, that every radar ships captain is a freakin Unicum, who always presses Radar at the perfect time, let alone has a Cooldown of max. 5 sec. I cant count the times how often I shouted in chat at a radarcruiser, who doesnt understand, that a DD is basically rubbing on his broadside - yet nothing happens. We all know this, right?

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Exactly. Also, what strikes me about these Radar-Whine-Threads, is the presumption, that every radar ships captain is a freakin Unicum, who always presses Radar at the perfect time, let alone has a Cooldown of max. 5 sec. I cant count the times how often I shouted in chat at a radarcruiser, who doesnt understand, that a DD is basically rubbing on his broadside - yet nothing happens. We all know this, right?

Not to mention that every time when you use the radar you will have a team that knows how to USE all the info you just gave them..

• Cool 3

Players
2,182 posts
13,957 battles
1 hour ago, Mahaaret said:

Remove Radar 

It will not be removed.

Players
1,423 posts
10,102 battles

Just go club seals on tiers below 7 where there is no radar, Kamikaze is still fun (depending how pissed you are, the lower the more worse for WG as killing newbies = killing the game)

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,813 posts
6,439 battles

Radar forces DD players to git gud. I see radar everyday when playing DD everyday, yet I'm fine. Because I got gud.

CAUTION ! Getting gud after effects may improves your winrate drastically, if you're unsure about it, go consult an unicum.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,657 posts
11,443 battles

Biassed poll anyone? Even WGs questionnaires are of better quality than this.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
790 posts
6,871 battles

Maybe the radar mechanics and specific in-game values need work -- but entire removal hell no.

Here's the core thing: ships that can attack from invisibility need powerful counters.

It's a universal, psychological thing that fighting against an enemy that won't show himself is not fun. Sure it happens in real life too, but this is a game that's supposed to be fun. A gameplay that totally revolves around invisibility should be avoided, as a design paradigm.

I recall the stealth-firing removal a couple years back. There was a significant segment of the forums screaming that the sky is falling. Then they did it -- and the game got better.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,337 posts
12,571 battles

Why are players voting on that poll though? There are many speshul snowflakes out there i guess. 

Beta Tester
275 posts
3,410 battles

Because players actually feel that there’s something wrong with radars?

I’m not a bad player per say, I’ve gitten gud for quite some time, but I still feel there’s something wrong with the way radar works. Maybe its the fact that US CLs have radar range that matches their concealment, maybe its the 30-40 seconds duration, maybe its the amount of radars, maybe its the cooldown thats too short..

I don’t think it should be removed, I’d say tweaked a bit, increase the cooldown a bit and maybe decrease the range on the US CL version so it doesnt match their concealment. 

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
701 posts
17,415 battles
14 minutes ago, PapVogele said:

Because players actually feel that there’s something wrong with radars?

Doesnt justify that poll being so biased.

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts
3 hours ago, Mahaaret said:

Radar has killed DD play

WRONG - Provide evidence, I and many others play DD's at tiers with radars. Learn to play.

It is almost impossible to cap since radar came into the game,i am seeing more and more radar than ever before

WRONG - It's possible, it just takes a little care. Learn to play.

It's in the game and spamming multiple whine threads won't change that. Learn to play..

Oh and your "poll" is less than worthless biased junk.