You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kittiwake_2017

gameplay errors

14 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
4,213 battles

Ok, played a battle in which I came up against a T6 Battleship Bayern.

I had the Dunkerque, and suprised him head on.

As I fired and landed my first salvo, I was blown up....by a TORPEDO from Bayern!IMG_20180714_113933.thumb.jpg.423571941bc843a655502fa8710e4cde.jpg

MMMMMM....Bayern does NOT HAVE TORPEDOS!!!!!  :etc_red_button::etc_swear:

text changed and said it was a salvo....he never got a chance to fire as I suprised him!

My salvo landed a split second before i was blown up.

End of game report said that I was sunk by 1 torpedo from Bayern, so it changed its mind again! :Smile-angry:

Took a screen shot as proof.

think game has a flaw at the moment, as in last 20 or so battles, the VERY FIRST salvo I take...no matter what direction it comes from, incapacitates my engine!!

Surely this cant be right?? I am then killed less than 30 secs later as my engine has stopped and I am dead in the water.

Is it because I wont pay for Premium or buy anything from shop and I am being punished ??

Anyone else been affected by rogue actions from ships that have suddenly aquired extra weapons not advertised???

• Boring 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,969 posts
4,954 battles
4 minutes ago, Kittiwake_2017 said:

think game has a flaw at the moment

Yep, its the programing skills, look at the port chat for reference.

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,969 posts
4,954 battles
20 minutes ago, Kittiwake_2017 said:

OK , post me a link because I am not sure what thread you reference...cheers

Link?

You dont need a link, the port chat has been fubar since day 1.

They cant code a working chat window, what makes you think they would be able to do any other software related element?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles

I wonder if these "ship which doesn't have torpedoes destroyed something with a <<torpedo>>" maybe come from underwater AP hits? :cap_hmm:

Players
2,849 posts
5,136 battles

This bug is around for ages aswell. Has been reported here and ive had it myself before. Do like the devs : Just ignore it ...

• Funny 2

Players
6 posts
4,213 battles

Like I said, I suprised him, hit him with a salvo then was destroyed myself literally a second later....he NEVER fired a salvo....and narrative said destroyed by a torp, then it changed and said it was a salvo...then on final details report said it was a torp again...(see screenshot)

Players
2,849 posts
5,136 battles
5 minutes ago, Kittiwake_2017 said:

Like I said, I suprised him, hit him with a salvo then was destroyed myself literally a second later....he NEVER fired a salvo....and narrative said destroyed by a torp, then it changed and said it was a salvo...then on final details report said it was a torp again...(see screenshot)

Do you have a replay? As far as I remember, it was a normal kill in my case, just it said, that I killed using a torpedo - which my didnt have.

Players
6 posts
4,213 battles

No replay.....but if its letting you kill with imaginary torps then brilliant!!!

To be truthful, I know its frustrating, but given the technical detail and amount of battles running at any one time I am not suprised the odd glitch gets in....

I am more frustrated at EVERY first salvo incapacitating me!!

Beta Tester
1,347 posts
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I wonder if these "ship which doesn't have torpedoes destroyed something with a <<torpedo>>" maybe come from underwater AP hits? :cap_hmm:

I think that's quite likely, since in development they tried having flooding from underwater AP hits. They might've modelled the shells as torpedoes once they enter the water at the time, and that model may still remain with the flooding chance set to 0%. Maybe it's still marginally possible to flood someone with AP like how you can still detonate someone with the Juliet Charlie signal...

• Cool 1

Players
6 posts
4,213 battles

And tghe constant engine immobilization hit..EVEN when its straight on shot onto your bow????

REGULAR event now....seems to be the IN thing with WOWS but literally kills the game for me after 2 mins..DEAD in water ..Then dead in game...LOL

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles
2 hours ago, Kittiwake_2017 said:

And tghe constant engine immobilization hit..EVEN when its straight on shot onto your bow????

REGULAR event now....seems to be the IN thing with WOWS but literally kills the game for me after 2 mins..DEAD in water ..Then dead in game...LOL

So what that the shell entered through the bow? Clearly it didn't explode until it was in your engine room

As for dead - learn to use your R key, that one helps a lot :fish_palm:

[NED]
Players
4,013 posts
10,841 battles

Only explanation I have is you got hit by a, obviously no Bayern torp and a Bayern salvo at roughly the same time finishing you off. In which case the server screwed up and didn't understood which one was your mercy blow and somehow messed it up. Still very interesting though. Do you happen to have a replay? I'd love to watch that one.