You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ronchabale

My highest score without securing a single kill

32 comments in this topic

[NED]
Players
4,022 posts
10,888 battles

Good score OP. Regarding your question: I wouldn't have a freaking clue. Even I figured out the amount of frags isn't necessarily directly decisive to the outcome of a match. Neither is the amount of dmg dealt. I P2W (P = Play). I try (and yes often miserably fail) to play my role in that ship i'm playing. So the amount of frags, dmg, or whatever secondary point of interest to me is like said: secondary. The winning part gives me the biggest kick.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
624 posts
9,808 battles

I dont have a screenshot of it but 2 years ago I got 5 kills with my Kutusov and noone hit me!

I say it again: I got 100% HP at the end of the battle.

And in this time I even didnt used the smoke and I always was 5-10km close to the enemy. A game without kill? 3 times in 1 year. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,972 battles

3 days ago in my worcester...190k damage and no kill, 4 enemy ship where  burning fro mi fire, with less than 1000 hp, and a bismark and a hindemburg stole me those 

edit: sorry, it was 184k...still

shot-18_07.09_15_27.49-0045.thumb.jpg.9771ef7823c0e8a75ce61458ab97c453.jpg

Edited by Flavio1997
  • Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,167 posts
1,556 battles

I often have games where I have no kills, and I end up top 3 of the team. 

This is because I do not get 'selfish'. As I play in a division with my son (usually he has a DD and I have  a BB).

We often make a 'pincer movement', I attack the BB or the CL, and he finishes it off from the other side. 

The kills I get are usually when he is capping, and he wants me to help defend.

I have a few krakens though, usually when I am in a cruiser. 

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
693 posts
17,414 battles

What i see is a BB that is willing to die of HE spam, but shot maybe only 2 cruisers. Good result anyway, but would you cheer without that Fubuki in your team?

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,124 posts
2,189 battles

No Kills but high exp is pretty easily to get if you manage to solo cap.

[AS13]
Players
1,167 posts
1,556 battles
20 minutes ago, Profilus said:

What i see is a BB that is willing to die of HE spam, but shot maybe only 2 cruisers. Good result anyway, but would you cheer without that Fubuki in your team?

Probably not, but he played his role and so did the Fubuki.

2 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

No Kills but high exp is pretty easily to get if you manage to solo cap.

I'd call that an achievement in a BB too. :Smile_playing:

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

proper way to play is like this. :Smile_trollface:

shot-18_02.09_23_47.49-0224.thumb.jpg.524892729d46a6f7b7ccb1c7ac05c54d.jpg

[_MIA_]
Players
2,916 posts
5,350 battles

This might be my highest (alltho i didnt check them all), got some close as this as a BB, but as a Cruiser?!

shot-18_02.04_22_23.20-0166.thumb.jpg.1979ccad32cf7745234dffcdbfdf895d.jpg

On T4 this is however much worse:

shot-18_02_02_01_48.47-0098.thumb.jpg.371f216b812976ecf845b415b7177a07.jpg

And on T5 i got the last kill when i already had 120k damage i was a bit pissy because all the time DDs were stealing kills. BB burning at 500 HP? lets shoot quick...shot-18_06.29_00_37.46-0867.thumb.jpg.ef7e8830d20203473fbf576415680cb6.jpg

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,167 posts
1,556 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

And on T5 i got the last kill when i already had 120k damage i was a bit pissy because all the time DDs were stealing kills. BB burning at 500 HP? lets shoot quick...

IMO there is no thing such as kill stealing.

What if he squeezes of another loadf and blaps one of your CLs?

Finish the enemy if you can. 

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,124 posts
2,189 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

And on T5 i got the last kill when i already had 120k damage i was a bit pissy because all the time DDs were stealing kills. BB burning at 500 HP? lets shoot quick...shot-18_06.29_00_37.46-0867.thumb.jpg.ef7e8830d20203473fbf576415680cb6.jpg

The kill gives some XP, but the fast majority comes from the 5 HP you take off of him.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,916 posts
5,350 battles
17 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

What if he squeezes of another loadf and blaps one of your CLs?

Finish the enemy if you can. 

As a DD getting spotted its always questionable when u dont have to. And yes, i consider that killstealing. Its not as worse as some ppl hold their fire and shoot when the target is low HP (like BBs/Cruisers), but still... (or CVs dropping something which is focused/burning from the rest of your team)

Might aswell argue, when there are several ships shooting one enemy, then the DD might aswell fire all the time to get it down quicker. So the whole intention is getting the kill, nothing else. Cant even argue to get the target down quicker, since they didnt help before...

11 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

The kill gives some XP, but the fast majority comes from the 5 HP you take off of him.

Yes i know the most XP is rewarded for the one who gets the most damage on him, but if everyone plays like "im only trying to get the kill" then its a fail-team. Sometimes u see those and u wonder: How did your team get nothing done? Thats when u have those "I hold my shot-guys"

• Cool 1

Players
2,878 posts
5,156 battles
17 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Just had an Atlanta which was ~4 km on the open next to a New York. Didnt shoot once, you can calculate how many minutes he´d had the oppotunity. Only after I smashed my Fiji-Torps into it, which gave him a permaflood, the Atlanta thought, its a good idea to shoot a sinking, 1500 HP BB. Your turn.

[AS13]
Players
1,167 posts
1,556 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

As a DD getting spotted its always questionable when u dont have to. And yes, i consider that killstealing. Its not as worse as some ppl hold their fire and shoot when the target is low HP, but still...

Might aswell argue, when there are several ships shooting one enemy, then the DD might aswell fire all the time to get it down quicker. So the whole intention is getting the kill, nothing else. Cant even argue to get the target down quicker, since they didnt help before...

Yes you get those types. I usually play in a division with a DD, so we do not care who finishes him.

If he sees one that is barely alive after I just shot him, he will finish him off. 

16 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Hahaahahaaaa yes and then you get no kills, and the DD gets 6. Which is sometimes what happens in our little division.

8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Yes i know the most XP is rewarded for the one who gets the most damage on him, but if everyone plays like "im only trying to get the kill" then its a fail-team. Sometimes u see those and u wonder: How did your team get nothing done? Thats when u have those "I hold my shot-guys"

Yup sometimes you are in a fail-team. 

Remember those BBs sitting at the map border? 

They should get a special 'coward stinking vulture' flag IMO. 

Maybe we can ask @MrConway to have fields of mines floating there. 

Activated by ships touching map border/region more than 1 minute. :Smile_playing:

Another idea is to have torpedos launched there by submarines. Kill HP to be divided over remaining teammates. 

Players
2,878 posts
5,156 battles
3 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Maybe we can ask @MrConway to have fields of mines floating there. 

Activated by ships touching map border/region more than 1 minute. :Smile_playing:

Another idea is to have torpedos launched there by submarines. Kill HP to be divided over remaining teammates. 

For quite some time im thinking, instead of an engine penalty, ships touching the border should get damage. Maybe for like 20 sec you should get a warning, then little damage, like when you ram your teammates, which after another 20 sec increases. Or if you touch the border, you are instantly spotted by everyone. Nah, too comlicated, those kinda players wouldnt understand nor care.

Edit: On a more serious note: Id love to have an "assistent" award in the game. The ship, that does the most damage to an enemy, that got killed, gets this. Just to make you feel better and as a feedback "hey, maybe u didnt got the kill but you made it possible".

• Cool 1

Players
42 posts
4,238 battles

Wouldnt say anyone was kill stealing, I dealt damage and swithched target when they had enough, BB:s kept poppin up for a go at me, our dd did a helluva good job finishing them off

[AS13]
Players
1,167 posts
1,556 battles
13 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Just had an Atlanta which was ~4 km on the open next to a New York. Didnt shoot once, you can calculate how many minutes he´d had the oppotunity. Only after I smashed my Fiji-Torps into it, which gave him a permaflood, the Atlanta thought, its a good idea to shoot a sinking, 1500 HP BB. Your turn.

Yes it was a good idea. If I were in that NY it would have been that Atalanta that sunk before me (last second kill).

Turn the beast if needed, and last blast would be for teh Atlanta. Probably the first good idea that Atlanta had though. 

Hey, when you play with bananas you probably get some monkeys. That Atlanta was one of them.

I can see the annoyance though. Do you think he has 'understood' the permaflood? 

Wouldn't count on it (if he was in the open to a NY). 

Players
2,878 posts
5,156 battles
1 minute ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I can see the annoyance though. Do you think he has 'understood' the permaflood? 

Wouldn't count on it (if he was in the open to a NY). 

Good point. I guess he didnt.

[AS13]
Players
1,167 posts
1,556 battles
5 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Edit: On a more serious note: Id love to have an "assistent" award in the game. The ship, that does the most damage to an enemy, that got killed, gets this. Just to make you feel better and as a feedback "hey, maybe u didnt got the kill but you made it possible".

Yes, that would be a good one (DDs have it, they have 'spotting points').

5 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Wouldnt say anyone was kill stealing, I dealt damage and swithched target when they had enough, BB:s kept poppin up for a go at me, our dd did a helluva good job finishing them off

I never switch target until they are dead (=enough). Sometimes I have to fire a few single turrets (do not want to waste the whole salvo).

The thing is I usually fight in a division. I can just ask for our DD or CL to finish him, before his next (last...?) salvo kills me or a teammate. 

Sometimes they ask me for help, and I shoot at DDs from 10k with AP (and sometimes I manage to blap them too).

4 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Good point. I guess he didnt.

Never underestimate the stupidness of stupid. The hit of your torps may have been the first time he noticed the NY. 

Also, YOU see the damage counter ticking (from the flooding) and he doesn't.

My experience in the past:

I almost deleted a Danae (in my NY) and he somehow escaped to wreck 2 other BBs.

He was at the other side of my guns though and I didn't bother to finish him. 

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,389 posts
14,127 battles

Probably this. Didn't look for anything older than 7.0

Spoiler

shot-18_05.25_18_44.22-0415.thumb.jpg.e69175aee91c4cc38426551404939f24.jpg

shot-18_05.25_18_44.26-0638.thumb.jpg.cecd6f6b93b7af5783550c95b8a1a63e.jpg

shot-18_05.25_18_44.30-0682.thumb.jpg.1e4ba1a5586cfc7373e9da153222f815.jpg

This game convinced me that recently buffed Admiral Hipper was worth putting a new 10-point captain.

Beta Tester
597 posts
10,272 battles

No kills, how about no hits?

I don't have a screenshot but quite a while back I came top and got a good score with a Tier 6 or 7 jap destroyer. I didn't fire my guns once and the few torps I launched all missed. However I capped the 3 caps 4 times and did quite a bit of spotting. 

Players
2,878 posts
5,156 battles
56 minutes ago, ajb13 said:

I don't have a screenshot but quite a while back I came top and got a good score with a Tier 6 or 7 jap destroyer. I didn't fire my guns once and the few torps I launched all missed. However I capped the 3 caps 4 times and did quite a bit of spotting. 

Granted, that IS something special. But 1 question remains: Did you win?  :Smile_coin:

Beta Tester
597 posts
10,272 battles
24 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Granted, that IS something special. But 1 question remains: Did you win?  :Smile_coin:

Yes. As far as I remember it was 1 DD per side, he capped one cap and I capped another then we both went for the middle one. My torps drove him out of his smoke and my side killed him. I then took the 3rd cap. Both side were being some what cautious and just killing each other at long range, so I only got chances to launch torps at extreme range. Some brave soul on the other side managed to capture the first cap I took but got himself killed in the process so I went and took it back. With 3 caps to us the game finished shortly there after. It's always stuck in my mind because I caused 0 dmg, got not hits, and still came top and got a good score because I captured 3 caps 4 times.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,335 posts
12,570 battles

302k dmg with my Zao. My DMG record. 

Everyone ignores targets until you make them low HP, then: