Jump to content

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
5 posts

Hi I'm looking for a little advice I have around £200 to £300 pound to spend on a laptop or desktop and was wondering if I could get anything that would play world of warships as I really would like to play but don't know if I can get anything in my budget to play I'd be very greatful for any advice or recommendations thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,546 posts
6,375 battles

With that budget... maybe for the very minimum graphics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles

Pretty much on the minimal graphics. I don't know muuch, but I can tell you one thing. It should have Windows OS. Never ever play this game on a Mac, unless you like having it crush every 4th game. Not that Mac is cheap anyway, but just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
250 posts
1,332 battles

The minimum specs can be found here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/game/system-requirements/

No idea why that was so impossible to find on the EU website, but easy on NA.

 

I'm no expert, but I would imagine most laptops in your price range would meet those specs – definitely worth checking before you buy though. To echo the above you'll probably want to run minimum graphics settings. But I do too, and it doesn't stop it being a very fun game :cap_like:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AS13]
Players
1,135 posts
1,552 battles

Playing on a laptop is quite iffy - we already FRIED one here, it had a Radeon 4850 (0.5MB graphics card).

It ran OK on lowest settings, but after a while the thing got too hot and fried itself.

If you find one WITHOUT a graphics card, then it needs to (have been) quite high-end, else it will probably run bad...

 

Any secondhand (W7/W8/W10) PC with a somewhat decent GFX card will run it just fine though. 

We run it on an i3 with 1MB card, at full HD, runs good. We also have an i7 with 4MB, and that runs delicious. 

Secondhand PCs are plenty and much cheaper than laptops... 

 

Really why a laptop, this game is best on a fat widescreen (have a 34 inch here). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
23 minutes ago, CommanderBlitzz said:

Lenovo X230 (12" Laptop) [Intel Core i5 3320M 2.60GHz, 8GB Memory, 256GB SSD,with Windows 10 Professional (Certified Refurbished) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01C6WNH3Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_E-ksBbK36913M  would this work

The lack of any mention of a graphics card, let along what card, it uses concerns me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles

@CommanderBlitz that laptop seems to rely exclusively on the I5's on board graphics. I wouldn't rely on that for WoWS at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BIF]
Players
43 posts
1,704 battles
On 2018. 07. 12. at 10:06 PM, CommanderBlitzz said:

Hi I'm looking for a little advice I have around £200 to £300 pound to spend on a laptop or desktop and was wondering if I could get anything that would play world of warships as I really would like to play but don't know if I can get anything in my budget to play I'd be very greatful for any advice or recommendations thanks

For desktop, maybe an AMD 2200 G ? That has the built-in equivalent of an Nvidia GT 1030. And it is a very cheap quad -core cpu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AS13]
Players
1,135 posts
1,552 battles
19 hours ago, CommanderBlitzz said:

Lenovo X230 (12" Laptop) [Intel Core i5 3320M 2.60GHz, 8GB Memory, 256GB SSD,with Windows 10 Professional (Certified Refurbished) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01C6WNH3Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_E-ksBbK36913M  would this work

 

Why do you ESPECIALLY need a LAPTOP>?

 

The thing is, you will pay TWICE as much for HALF the performance in a laptop. Sure some laptops will be able to run the game. Some even quite well.

But for half the money you'd get a desktop (and they make those small nowadays too), with a screen of your choice that runs WOWS flawlessly. 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
624 posts
9,808 battles

A Laptop for gaming? For 300.-? OMG just try to find a used PC for that money and play Wows in minimal graphics.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BIF]
Players
43 posts
1,704 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

 

Why do you ESPECIALLY need a LAPTOP>?

 

The thing is, you will pay TWICE as much for HALF the performance in a laptop. Sure some laptops will be able to run the game. Some even quite well.

But for half the money you'd get a desktop (and they make those small nowadays too), with a screen of your choice that runs WOWS flawlessly. 

 

 

 

Youtube is full of videos how to build a brand new PC for 300-400 usd which is close to his budget. ( I imagine OP has already a screen, keyboard, etc. ).

 

Like this video here :

 

Only thing i would change on this is some better case , like an NZTX S340, and a 250-ish SSD instead of hard drive. Still under 400 USD / 300 GBP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AS13]
Players
1,135 posts
1,552 battles
Just now, K82J said:

 

Youtube is full of videos how to build a brand new PC for 300-400 usd which is close to his budget. ( I imagine OP has already a screen, keyboard, etc. ).

Only thing i would change on this is some better case , like an NZTX S340, and a 250-ish SSD instead of hard drive. Still under 400 USD / 300 GBP.

He doesn't need the fat processor though, an i3 will be up to the job, and a 2MB dedicated video more than enough to run the game full HD, and full effects.

We run it almost full effect on an i3 with a 1MB videocard, on a 34 inch full HD screen. No biggy. 

We also have an i7 with 4MB dedicated video, it barely even flinches. 

Both PCs cost less than 450E (including the screens), prices could differ in other countries though. 

 

To have a laptop wityh those specs you'd have to spend 700, and then you'd get a 14 inch mediocre screen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BIF]
Players
43 posts
1,704 battles
29 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

He doesn't need the fat processor though, an i3 will be up to the job, and a 2MB dedicated video more than enough to run the game full HD, and full effects.

We run it almost full effect on an i3 with a 1MB videocard, on a 34 inch full HD screen. No biggy. 

We also have an i7 with 4MB dedicated video, it barely even flinches. 

Both PCs cost less than 450E (including the screens), prices could differ in other countries though. 

 

To have a laptop wityh those specs you'd have to spend 700, and then you'd get a 14 inch mediocre screen. 

He said he has a budget like 300 GBP. I linked the video to show what he can get from that money. I3 is okay (except any i3 before the 8100 are all dualcore ), but he need a dedicated videocard which would cost him another 80-100 USD, and maybe that wont fit in his budget. While the Ryzen 2200G has 4 cores vs the older i3's 2, and has a built in equivalent of a 80-90 dollar gpu. He can later buy a dedicated card when he can afford it, and its still nice to have a " spare one ".

 

Ryzen 2200g = 100 ish USD

i3 and at least a GT 1030 = close to 200.

 

I am not some AMD fanboy, i just said what would i get from that money. And i think in new parts, i dont really trust used stuff, especially in electronics.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AS13]
Players
1,135 posts
1,552 battles
7 minutes ago, K82J said:

I am not some AMD fanboy, i just said what would i get from that money. And i think in new parts, i dont really trust used stuff, especially in electronics.

AMD is good though, I use it myself (both PCs have AMD graphics card). 

 

It would be wise for him to check out 'going out of sale' light game PCs. 

That is how we got the i3 (Medion Akoya, and it's a 4-core). 

Was a demo-model, stood unsold for 3 months (last one they had). 

 

The 34 inch screen I bought on sale, it's a monitor with TV tuner from Samsung.

We often use it as a 'TV' (watch some Youtube vids over lunch). 

Full HD and everything ón'makes WoWS a great visual joy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,965 battles
1 hour ago, CommanderBlitzz said:

Not going to put anymore up after this as I don't want to annoy you guys but what about this would this run wow 

IMG_0024.PNG

You would be buying a 7 years old cpu ( even though is stll doable) with a 4 years old gpu that didn't  even make sense  back when it was released. For me is a no-no. You would be better off with ryzen 2200g or finding one of those office pc and put a 1050-1050ti in it

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BIF]
Players
43 posts
1,704 battles
33 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

You would be buying a 7 years old cpu ( even though is stll doable) with a 4 years old gpu that didn't  even make sense  back when it was released. For me is a no-no. You would be better off with ryzen 2200g or finding one of those office pc and put a 1050-1050ti in it

 

+1 to this.

 

As shown in the videos above, you could buy from 400 usd a waaaay newer technology. I am sure the 2200G could run WoWS in full HD even on high settings. I played this game on a Ryzen 3 1200 with an 1 GB R7 250X,  it was always near 60 FPS ( couldnt buy new card due high prices caused by cryptomining ), i guess the 2200G has at least the power of that card.

 

Not to mention, later you dont have to throw out your whole old PC if you want to upgrade.

 

Edit : you dont annoy us, we are happy to help :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
2 hours ago, CommanderBlitzz said:

Not going to put anymore up after this as I don't want to annoy you guys but what about this would this run wow 

IMG_0024.PNG

Pretty sure that both the ones in the video I posted, and the one that @K82J posted blow that out of the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AS13]
Players
1,135 posts
1,552 battles
17 hours ago, CommanderBlitzz said:

Not going to put anymore up after this as I don't want to annoy you guys but what about this would this run wow 

 

If you can buy it for 100-150 Sterling then yes. Because it will run it OK.

But... remember WHAT you are buying, and scratch on the head WHY do they get rid of it.

Because it is nearly dead?

15 hours ago, Flavio1997 said:

You would be better off with ryzen 2200g or finding one of those office pc and put a 1050-1050ti in it

Indeed (or even get a refurb office PC and put a GFX card in that) --> check though it neesds to have a free slot, some don't.

 

14 hours ago, lafeel said:

Pretty sure that both the ones in the video I posted, and the one that @K82J posted blow that out of the water.

Pretty sure too. But he also needs a screen, and we dunno what he found this for. 

It will run the game just fine, I have an i3 with same sort spec (bit better GFX card but not much). 

 

The stuff you come up with is 400, and he'll need a screen too (keyboard 10, mouse 7.50).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×