Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mavericksama

On what USN ship are you using William Halsey

On what USN ship are you using William Halsey?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. On what USN line are you using (or planning to use) William Halsey ?

• Aircraft Carriers
    • Battleships
    • Destroyers
    • Heavy Cruisers
    • Light Cruisers

31 comments in this topic

[GNG]
Players
71 posts
9,745 battles

Since some of us  have already acquired William Halsey, what vessel line are you using him at?

His talent perks are Expert Loader, Expert Marksman.

Also on a Double Strike

-10% detectability from Air and Sea

On Confederate

-10% Torpedo Tubes Reload 

-20% Main Battery Loading time

-20% Servicing time for aircrafts

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,806 posts
6,439 battles

I'm not quite there, but he'll go into Worcester when I'll get him.

It was a hard decision between Worsauce and Des Moines as it is very easy to get Confederate on those two ships, but I already have weeb captain (Azur Lane's) Cleveland in DM and I think the Confederate bonus will be even funnier with Worsauce. 3.2 seconds base reload with a Confederate and reload mod.  Not even counting AR bonuses. :cap_rambo:

Montana was another possibility, mind you. But I have almost no chance of doing a Double Strike with Montana while DM/Worsauce ROF have a tiny bit of a chance of doing one given the opportunity.

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,978 battles

I have yet do decide between the monty or the des meme.  Imho on the worcester, while it can get to ilarious levels, doesn't  seems too useful ( but imagine in a battle  in witch you do 2 double strike, i know that is almost impossible,  and you see tge  worcester appearing at 6.8 kms fron you)

[SV3]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles
On 2018-07-12 at 5:11 PM, mavericksama said:

Since some of us  have already acquired William Halsey, what vessel line are you using him at?

Also on a Double Strike

On Confederate

Im reviving this thread because i just got him. What do you think about Fletcher? Im just thinking "Double Strike", well thats pretty possible on Fletcher with those torps and guns. Confederate as well.

I just feel that Fletcher is the most likely candidate to receive both these achievements in one game.

Just like I think (or know) Yamamoto captain is most suited on my Akizuki.

I have my John Doe on my Des Moines already (since fast reload to AP) and I have no ambition to grind to Wooster since I hate that island hugging playstyle.

What are your thoughts?

• Bad 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,707 posts
13,150 battles

Double strike is most easily earned on CVs but they obviously don't particularly benefit from the concealment bonus.

-20% service times on Confederate is ludicrously good however, especially considering you can actively play towards it without becoming a selfish :etc_swear: unlike with Yamamoto who needs a Kraken.

So yeah, provided that you're any good at playing CVs Halsey is probably best placed on a Midway or an Enterprise. (Saipan doesn't benefit as much as she already services very fast.)

If you're not, I believe it comes down to personal preference. High tier USN ships generally play around concealment, so a double strike earned on any of them will pay dividends. DM's hilarious rof, Monty front and back salvos and ofc Fletcher/Gearing gun + torp combo (remember that Gearing nowadays has Fletcher torps) are all fairly even in their ability to earn Double Strikes when provided with the opportunity imo.

And ofc all of them can earn Confederate pretty well, too.

(Unsure if Worchester can be placed among them as well as I don't have her yet.)

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,022 posts
10,901 battles

On Alaska! Which isn't here but so is Halsey...

• Funny 1

[SV3]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Double strike is most easily earned on CVs but they obviously don't particularly benefit from the concealment bonus.

-20% service times on Confederate is ludicrously good however, especially considering you can actively play towards it without becoming a selfish :etc_swear: unlike with Yamamoto who needs a Kraken.

So yeah, provided that you're any good at playing CVs Halsey is probably best placed on a Midway or an Enterprise. (Saipan doesn't benefit as much as she already services very fast.)

If you're not, I believe it comes down to personal preference. High tier USN ships generally play around concealment, so a double strike earned on any of them will pay dividends. DM's hilarious rof, Monty front and back salvos and ofc Fletcher/Gearing gun + torp combo (remember that Gearing nowadays has Fletcher torps) are all fairly even in their ability to earn Double Strikes when provided with the opportunity imo.

And ofc all of them can earn Confederate pretty well, too.

(Unsure if Worchester can be placed among them as well as I don't have her yet.)

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately i suck at Carriers and never play them. But i just thought that its pretty easy to achieve those things in Fletcher and that ship also benefits a lot from less detection and faster torp and gun reload. Not really as game changing as getting Kraken reload and heal from Yamamoto in Akizuki, but still pretty OP for late game.

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles

Anything other than Worcester will be a waste of him since you do not play CV's. She is the most likely candidate to earn you the confederate medal given her tool-set. And my god what a beast she becomes after that reload booster kicks in :cat_cool:

[VAR]
Players
599 posts
7,672 battles

Atm he's in Des Moines, Salem, Boise, Atlanta etc etc ... will prolly move him into Wooooster since I'm done with the DM legendary module mission

[SCRUB]
Players
2,260 posts
7,354 battles

Currently using Halsey in BB's, but once I have full 19 skills, I just might put it in my Gearing.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,819 battles

Montana, I know that the chances of double strike is very low, so I gamble on confederate.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i would like to put him on dd cause of perks he gets after double strike and confederate. while double strike may be easier to earn with a dd sometimes (torps), it is still rare achievement. also his perks arent geared towards dd, but more towards BB. but BB is class that most rarely gets double strike. so i guess worcester it is then.

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,162 battles

I understand you guys are trying to get the most OP effect out of the special skills but how often do you really get those achievements? OK confederate you can work towards but is far from guaranteed, and double strike is just a lottery.

When I eventually get him, I would rather use him on a ship that actively benefits from his better EL and EM all the time, with the other achievements as a bonus. So basically has to be heavy cruisers.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,078 posts
3,828 battles

I find it much easier to get the Confederate with BBs. The reason is simple - much greater reach allows you to damage bigger number of targets.
I wish there was some mod to keep track of Confederate itself - Simple list of ships you damaged for more than 20% in a particular game, that would be immensely helpful to me. 

I think I will keep my Steven Sellout John Doe on my Des Moines and put the Halsey into my Missouri (and eventually Iowa/Montana).

EDIT: Double strike is extremely unlikely for me to get in any ship, though in a BB i usually get one only if I ram the second target. In that scenario the concealment bonus would ensure that my shipwreck will never be found - pretty cool bonus :D

• Funny 2

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
On 12. 07. 2018. at 5:11 PM, mavericksama said:

Also on a Double Strike

On Confederate

well if we go thinking how to put maximum out of your captain (and it is not  strike/confederate because not much peoples can get confederate on regular basis) this is "pure" BB (Marksman, and to degree loader) and DM (bouth skills are great, especially Marksman for slow turrets) captain

[POI--]
Players
42 posts
4,457 battles

In terms of what ship should we put him on? I tried putting him on my Kidd with Unique results... 

5.2 concealment and about a 2.8 second reload is unfair when you get top tier...

D3E5D03F-5BF7-42F4-8B19-B351DD9351F4.jpeg

7D293AE9-F017-4470-8E4C-2BF0669020AF.jpeg

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,806 posts
6,439 battles

Confederate is relatively easy to get on Worcester-DM-Montana if the game drags a bit. That's why I think any of these is a good choice.

Players
788 posts
6,868 battles

I'm not terribly fond of the Expert Marksman + Expert Loader combo. Jack Dunkirk's and Yamamoto's perks feel more universally useful.

Optimally you want a ship with sluggish guns and useful AP and HE. Especially the early USN CA's would probably be good because the reload and gun handling are kind of poor.

I have John Doe on Pensacola and might put Halsey on the New Orleans.

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

Hes probably going on my USN CVs for the confederate boost. That and the fact that I both need all the help I can get in CVs, and I already have 17-18 point captains in most of my high tier usn ships, feels like it'd be a waste to put him anywhere else.

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles

Battleships, thats where most of the premiums are including better synergy with Alaska compared to CAs.

Imho CLs is the worst ships to put him on due to them not needing improved expert loader or expert marksman. EM is great on BBs, EM and EL are both good enough for heavy cruisers and DDs are the ones that get the most out of the concealment bonus (though rare they might be).

Players
2,677 posts
12,112 battles

Admiral Halsey has gone onto Montana because I am a sentimental old fool.

I love the thought of him piloting the Missouri as well as his own ship.

(As you all know, Halsey was flying his flag in the Missouri when the Japanese formally surrendered)

• Cool 1

[PINUT]
Players
498 posts
7,794 battles

Monti, took me a while to figure that one out but for me it is the most logical choice.

Players
1,421 posts
10,081 battles

Sitting in reserve cause i cba to level him to 19.

Have John doe in the DM so he might go in the Worchester, or maybe Alaska if it is worth 750k FXP i have banked. 

I do need a captain for my Montana, so might throw him in there (or train him using missouri)

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
On 7/12/2018 at 6:11 PM, mavericksama said:

Also on a Double Strike

On Confederate

hihihihi on both accounts i use him on Wooooosta wooosta,,,,just loving the ultimate rain (with tracers lol)

shot-18_07.26_01_09.13-0102.thumb.jpg.99e9ce8064e94a5d33b15d8a4974b8c1.jpg

[HAERT]
Players
2,028 posts

I've got him, but not decided where to use him yet, I have US 19 pointers on 2 DD's, 2 Cruisers (light and heavy) and a BB.

Sign in to follow this