You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
callumwaw

Love the reporting system

20 comments in this topic

[SLO]
Beta Tester
247 posts
5,598 battles

You used a bad word. You were reported for using a bad word. The system was triggerd.

Players
68 posts
5,287 battles

So it doesn't matter if you actually use a swearword, what matters is if you're reported, right? I mean, you could say "Hello everybody" and if I reported you out of spite, you'd get banned? 

Also, at least one person on the team (in addition to myself) reported that guy for the tons of swearwords he used so how come he wasn't banned? 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
2 hours ago, callumwaw said:

I just love the reporting system in this game.  I've just completed a mission where there was a guy who kept insulting everybody without a reason. It was the 'Cherry Blossom' mission and after defending the beachhead he sailed north on his own. Several teammates used the "Get back" message on him, suggesting he should re-join the fleet.  He told us to f*ck off, and went on to insult everybody. In the end I told him to shut the f*ck up and focus on the game. Result? I got banned from sending messages in chat. Clearly, the stream of swearwords from him was OK but me reacting to his verbal abuse was not OK. Go figure. Apparently you need to have the patience of a saint and let other people piss all over you, because they are not punished for it, but you are. 

I have no idea how the reporting system works, but it clearly is broken. 

I'll tell you a secret. You never get automatically chat-banned for a single player's report. It's clear that you've managed to piss off lots of people and this guy just happened to throw in the final straw that broke the camel's back.

I'm not always the nicest person. I relatively often tell people what I think about their performance. Sometimes I elaborate to the point where I actually got a 7-day manually assigned chat-ban "for insults and provocations", which means that someone got so offended that they sent a replay to support and the guys there agreed that I went way overboard. And yet... I've yet to get the infamous automatic chat ban. My question is: how consistently does one have to get these reports to actually start getting auto-chat-bans? :cap_hmm:

I mean, there are some people who claim to be getting chat-bans due to malicious reports from people they kill, but, let's face it - you're not exactly wrecking people more often than me :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles

Two wrongs don't make a right dude. Should have just shrugged and move on instead of swearing back at him.

[-MM]
Players
399 posts
7,942 battles

If you don't chat you cannot be reported for chat abuse, that's why I keep my gob shut. People won't listen anyway.

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles

Reporting system will not take into account of what is being written. As long as the chat has been used, a report can be submitted. Even if you told everyone to have a blessed day. 

When encountering turds and potatoes, do not give them a reason and just ignore them mate. 

[ONE2]
Players
2,313 posts
13,602 battles
8 hours ago, lafeel said:

Two wrongs don't make a right dude. Should have just shrugged and move on instead of swearing back at him.

Yes. Ignore and report him for misbehavior in chat. Getting into a swearing contest with total idiots is a total waste of time and will get you nowhere anyways. So why even bother?:Smile_Default:

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
Just now, RAHJAILARI said:

Yes. Ignore and report him for misbehavior in chat. Getting into a swearing contest with total idiots is a total waste of time and will get you nowhere anyways. So why even bother?:Smile_Default:

As a wise man once said: Arguing with the ignorant is like wrestling with pigs. Sure, you can win, but you'll be dirty afterwards.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,154 battles
11 hours ago, callumwaw said:

Apparently you need to have the patience of a saint and let other people piss all over you

Haha, good laugh there! I'm sorry but it does not require any super-human feat to just ignore idiots and not sink to their level. The fact you think like this to me indicates it's not the first time you flipped out in retaliation and the report system is probably working just fine in your case. Of course, the other guy should get punished too, but how do you know he didn't? Maybe not that game but the next, if he behaves like that, he'll be chat banned too.

[IRQ]
Players
2,686 posts
6,353 battles

Is this another thread about complaining about a system that's working as intended and there's little actual problem with that?

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,972 battles

The only problem with that sistem is when you play your american cvs with ap bombs and you find a bunch of german bbs...i got chat banned various time because some snoflakes didn't  know about ap bombs

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles

We all ''love'' this broken and very abused system.

Just because I told some Zao he was a camping noob who only snipe kills for kraken, he took screenshot and send as ticket. Seems like you get at least 7 days ban for that..

[TENGO]
Players
1,461 posts
8,205 battles
11 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Just because I told some Zao he was a camping noob who only snipe kills for kraken, he took screenshot and send as ticket. Seems like you get at least 7 days ban for that..

True, in principle.

On NA I'm one of those removed from permachatban. On EU never had one of those strange enough :cap_wander:

But believe me, you'll have to say worse than "camping noob" :Smile_trollface:

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
42 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

True, in principle.

On NA I'm one of those removed from permachatban. On EU never had one of those strange enough :cap_wander:

But believe me, you'll have to say worse than "camping noob" :Smile_trollface:

What did you do to get perma chat ban?

Not really. In terms of WG's rules, word ''noob'' is also an insult, and that also count as rule ''violation''. Yea, its stupid but we cant do nothing about it...

[TENGO]
Players
1,461 posts
8,205 battles
8 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

No, don't have it (yet). I have 4 of those manual reports on NA, one more and I'm permachatbanned.

And what did I do? Just complimented some people on the nice colour of their eyes...

Also, NA is very "speshul", not to mention them being real snowflaky for sending all those manual complaints.

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
2 hours ago, Saiyko said:

No, don't have it (yet). I have 4 of those manual reports on NA, one more and I'm permachatbanned.

And what did I do? Just complimented some people on the nice colour of their eyes...

Also, NA is very "speshul", not to mention them being real snowflaky for sending all those manual complaints.

What are ''manual'' reports? Screenshots sent to ticket support?

So if you get 5 times SS-ed, you get perma? Well this way you realize how reprot system is even more broken.

[AS13]
Players
1,152 posts
1,556 battles
4 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Not really. In terms of WG's rules, word ''noob'' is also an insult, and that also count as rule ''violation''. Yea, its stupid but we cant do nothing about it...

D'uh. Usually if you get salty, notjhing good will come of it.

Also, you should not argue with idiotsm they will drag you down to their level and win by experience.

When somebody gets very very salty with me I remind them that their mother probably pays for their internet.

That usually shuts them up. Or sends them into a rage-quit. If it doen;t help, I blacklist them and that's that.

This is a game, after all - if I want to get mad and have a heart attack I'll watch politics. :Smile-angry:

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
14 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

D'uh. Usually if you get salty, notjhing good will come of it.

Also, you should not argue with idiotsm they will drag you down to their level and win by experience.

When somebody gets very very salty with me I remind them that their mother probably pays for their internet.

That usually shuts them up. Or sends them into a rage-quit. If it doen;t help, I blacklist them and that's that.

This is a game, after all - if I want to get mad and have a heart attack I'll watch politics. :Smile-angry:

I dont go there on those mother levels, but I see your point about internet bills. I might try that.

We can hope that moderator will close and delete this thread, because we dont want give more ideas of how to more abuse this system.

Another option would be to use some pills like xanax before starting the game, for relaxation :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,152 posts
1,556 battles
10 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

I dont go there on those mother levels, but I see your point about internet bills. I might try that.

We can hope that moderator will close and delete this thread, because we dont want give more ideas of how to more abuse this system.

Another option would be to use some pills like xanax before starting the game, for relaxation :Smile_trollface:

Maybe go the daddy level then, but some pro-level of saltyness without getting into swearwords is definately useful.