powerfullblackmr_tr

which premium ship?

25 comments in this topic

[AS13]
Players
1,085 posts
1,511 battles

The ONE BEST advice is:

- Do not buy a Tirpitz (or any high tier ship) if you have no experience playing the high tiers, as you will meet players who do.

Others:

- Do not buy a battleship if you are used to playing cruisers (and so on);\

- mind that different nation lines have different playstyle (USA vs Brits... it's a different world...).

- mind that some premiums are 'specials' and may not suit your playing style;

- Do NOT think premium ships are MUCH BETTER or shoot gold (this is not World Of Tanks).

....and also remember you can EARN premium ships by doing special assignments and such.

• Cool 3

[POI--]
Players
3,156 posts
4,307 battles

None. Low tier premiums have no great credit potential. At higher tiers you'll get roflstomped, as you have no experience there. Just play the game, get good. Then consider buying a higher tier ship, once you played the regular ships at these tiers and are doing well in them (below 50% winrate is not good).

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles

Ishizuchi should be fine for you, even if her credit earning potential is somewhat limited. As the others have stated, please stay far away from the Tirpitz until you have more expirience of the game (and don't go blaming us if you ignore this advice and can't make her work)

EDIT: Don't blame the ship either. Tirpitz is fine, just not the most newb friendly of boats, even for a tier 8 (none of which are)

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,945 posts
5,437 battles

None atm

Get more battles under your belt and higher tier ships by grinding 'em

• Bad 1

[AAO]
Alpha Tester
711 posts
2,971 battles

If you really want to buy a premiumship i suggest watching YT Videos and reading articles about the ships you are interested in.

And then judge if the playstyle of the premiumship could suit your preferences.

There's shipcomrade, a very good website. You can find a review of ships on YT from flamu, notser, yuro and other content creators. 

[AS13]
Players
1,085 posts
1,511 battles
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

@powerfullblackmr_tr

You should also wait until Sommer Sale for a massive discount for premium ships.

I am waiting for that too. Guess it's going to be Hood for me.

The OP may benefit from the reasons why:

- I usually play tier 6, so I meet up to tier 8 (tier 9 when my div mate chooses a T7...);

- I like battleships AND cruisers, Hood seems somewhere in-between;

- Hood will allow me to play 'operations', which I really like.

- Hood will allow me to train Royal Navy captains (I play the cruisers and the BBs), so it's useful;

- It is now 35E, so waiting for summer sale. 

I was thinking about Warspite, but I don't know how much different from the Queen Elizabeth it will be.

It sure will not be any quicker...man they're more like floating batteries. 

[SM0KE]
Players
1,511 posts
4,967 battles

@powerfullblackmr_tr In an ideal world, you would play more games, in as many different types of ship as possible first; this would enable you to identify which premium ships most suit your playstyle, and preferences.

In case you haven't found it yet, the wiki (http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships) has write-ups of all the ships in the game, including premiums; there are also links to LWM's reviews of premiums, which are also worth reading (they often provide a useful alternative POV, compared to the wiki).

The standard advice is usually not to buy any premiums of higher tier than where you've got to with silver ships; I would agree with this as far as playing in randoms (or any other mode against real people) goes - you'll get your arse handed to you, which isn't much fun. Although they won't earn you a tonne of silver, some of the lower-mid tier premiums are great fun, as well as including some historically significant ships. If you want to ignore this advice (plenty of people do), I strongly urge you to play any such premiums in coop mode - you'll still make silver, won't get slaughtered (well, less badly, anyway), and you won't be a liability to anyone's team in the modes that people take more seriously.

As others have mentioned, it is likely that there will be a sale soon; I would hold off buying anything until that happens - there is a good chance there will be some decent reductions that'll save you a decent amount of money (if the discounts are *really* good, perhaps even buy a premium, or two, of higher tier - just don't play it outside coop until you have more experience!)...

BTW speaking of reductions: read all the blurb from WG very carefully; often, what appears to be a good deal may not be - there is a tendency to bloat bundles with stuff you can buy for silver (which is usually very easy to generate with regular play). The ideal thing to look for is a flat-out reduction in a premium ship's price, and no unnecessary extra bumpf.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,003 posts
10,835 battles
On 7/12/2018 at 11:10 AM, _DeathWing_ said:

None atm

Get more battles under your belt and higher tier ships by grinding 'em

This. My advice would be to take a premium account instead. And don't rush the tiers. Build up more player experience in different lines. On your, not to mock you, lever I'd say premium account would be your best choice.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
624 posts
9,808 battles
On 11.7.2018 at 9:01 PM, powerfullblackmr_tr said:

Premium ship recommendation for credit?

Buy whatever you want. Why should you hear what the people are telling you in a forum? You are old enough so do what you want. Its just a game and not a real job. Its totally strange to ask other people what to buy. As if you are 10 and the people say: Oh no, dont buy any High Tier ship...oh no...T3 is good for you. Who are they? Your mom? Pfff...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NED]
Players
4,003 posts
10,835 battles
6 minutes ago, Friedrich_Fruchtsaft said:

Buy whatever you want. Why should you hear what the people are telling you in a forum? You are old enough so do what you want. Its just a game and not a real job. Its totally strange to ask other people what to buy. As if you are 10 and the people say: Oh no, dont buy any High Tier ship...oh no...T3 is good for you. Who are they? Your mom? Pfff...

Solid point. I've posted this a couple of times, so save your breath on quoting me on it. I bought Atago way too soon back then. I didn't have any clue since I was playing in the t4-5 regions. In the beginning that ship was a living nightmare for me. Because I was too inexperienced to even have a clue to play in higher tiers. Broadside being punished severely? I didn't know then! It almost made me quit the game for all. So OP: it's your freedom to buy any high tier premium ship you want. Just don't come and whine here about you sucking in it like I did with Atago.

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles
3 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Solid point. I've posted this a couple of times, so save your breath on quoting me on it. I bought Atago way too soon back then. I didn't have any clue since I was playing in the t4-5 regions. In the beginning that ship was a living nightmare for me. Because I was too inexperienced to even have a clue to play in higher tiers. Broadside being punished severely? I didn't know then! It almost made me quit the game for all. So OP: it's your freedom to buy any high tier premium ship you want. Just don't come and whine here about you sucking in it like I did with Atago.

Well even if you buy a ship "too early" and realize this soon, you can always go back to her at a later date when you have more expirience and or a better skipper.

Players
112 posts
32 minutes ago, powerfullblackmr_tr said:

Thank you very much for your help, I am playing Tier 7 ships colorado

You should play out Colorado, get yourself a North Carolina. 

and if you like US Battleships then, and accustomed yourself a bit to the broadside / bow tank meta, I think a good bet for you is the ALABAMA. 

It is a good ship, packs a hard punch, very manouverable, has good aa and torp protection. 

Don't forget that while premium ships are good captain trainers, Alabama for example might not perform as well with a cruiser specced captain, or DD captain. 

NOTE: Altough I agree with friedrich_fruchtsaft, it is good to ask for other people's opinions about a purchase you're about to do. 

Just, decide for yourself. If I were you, I would wawtch a lot of youtube videos about the ships on my shortlist.

I had may share of buy/remorse on WOWS too. But still, sometimes I get them to play and still have fun in them.

[SM0KE]
Players
1,511 posts
4,967 battles

OP: in case you haven't noticed: a premium ship sale has started; it appears that something new will be added each day (with each ship only lasting on sale for a day). The first one is 50% off Warspite...

Players
61 posts
8,570 battles

Don't buy any premium ship until you have a lot more experience in the game, premium account time will be far better for you right now. Premium ships will end up being power crept out of the game just as premium tanks do in WOT, you can already see that in the older premium ships, lower tier premium ships are very often up-tired and have a very hard time of it and also don't earn very good credits or experience for your commander ( by the way always remove the commander you get with any premium and transfer a commander from a ship you are grinding for the best rewards ). Basically if I had my time over again I wouldn't have bought any premiums and would have just got them in crates such as those you could buy at xmas or won them in the promotions they often run. The xmas crates are usually quite a good deal if you play the game a lot, buying a premium just to see it become worthless over time as it's power crept into the ground is not a good deal.

One more thing, don't believe everything you see in the reviews of as yet unreleased premiums made by community contributors, quite often the ships are changed prior to release so you're watching a review for a product you can't buy ( they have done this many times in the past ), more often than not though the review is done with a very highly skilled crew  ( 19 points ) and full premium consumables then played by an extremely good player. The review will generally be of a very good game ( cherry picked ) where lots of rewards were earned also. This is not the kind of crew you will have in the same ship, you are also not as good a player and you will be disappointed. 

Basically be careful, it's your money and you've earned it, don't give it to some company promising you magic beans.........

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,085 posts
1,511 battles

USA Battleships in shop

I have the Arizona, can recommend it - you can play 'operations', and s train USA captains.

It is a little bit better than New Mexico - has a narrower dispersion, and it comes with free camo. WORSE AA though.

However, I sill have to progress through the New Mex to the Colorado (although I could use Free XP form Arizona).

I expect the Alabama to go 50% off too. Hood for me though.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,207 posts
5,855 battles
45 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

However, I sill have to progress through the New Mex to the Colorado (although I could use Free XP form Arizona).

Lel....no

Trust me, save your free xp for upgrading the colorado. You don't want to be in that ship when it's stock

• Funny 1

[AS13]
Players
1,085 posts
1,511 battles
13 minutes ago, philsta said:

One more thing, don't believe everything you see in the reviews of as yet unreleased premiums made by community contributors, quite often the ships are changed prior to release so you're watching a review for a product you can't buy ( they have done this many times in the past ), more often than not though the review is done with a very highly skilled crew  ( 19 points ) and full premium consumables then played by an extremely good player. The review will generally be of a very good game ( cherry picked ) where lots of rewards were earned also. This is not the kind of crew you will have in the same ship, you are also not as good a player and you will be disappointed. 

THIS!

Especially the part where te video is concerned. They'll not show you:

- the game where the whole friendly team t decided to bork it and all park in the cap;

- the game where they got uptiered to the max and were horribly slaughtered;

- the game where the slow-speed premium just slouched behind, and only got meagre leftovers;

- the game where there finally was something to shoot but ended due to ABC being capped already... duh!

Notser is one that usually shows you a few FF-ups as well. 

[AS13]
Players
1,085 posts
1,511 battles
3 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Lel....no

Trust me, save your free xp for upgrading the colorado. You don't want to be in that ship when it's stock

Yah, that's why I said 'could'... I might just save up to skip it altogether... (just because I can).

Beta Tester
38 posts
13,978 battles

Lol yes but if domen3 who is a very good player (Unicum) were to expand on what he is saying he will probably say its a good ship to be in once its upgraded, I personally would NOT jump the Colorado to North Carolina, I think its a very important training step in that tech tree, domen3 has similar stats on his Colorado as I do on my Colorado, the Colorado once fully upgraded is a very capable ship though difficult to play, further, for me personally I kept it and still play it on occasion, the North Carolina however was booted as soon as I got to Iowa, which was also booted as soon as I got to Montana, and I played what I consider to be enough games in both to give them a fair chance, even after I purchased the next ship in the tech tree.

My personal experience of the North Carolina was not a good one,

My personal experience of Colorado when I first got her was also not good, but once fully upgraded I would rather play the Colorado than the NC, which incidentally can take on an NC in a one on one engagement and be/is the victor more often than not.

Personally, I have experienced many an NC or Bismarck player coming at me foolishly sensing an easy kill on Colorado only to show them the Colorado sailing off into the distance while they slide under the waves wondering what went wrong to chat rage of hacker or some stronger expletives.

Colorado: 132 Battles 58% win8

North Carolina: 147 Battles 50% win8 

IOWA: 138 Battles 46% win8

Of course its very much horses for courses, but I wouldn't jump Colorado, no sir, I wouldn't do that.

GD.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles
5 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

USA Battleships in shop

I have the Arizona, can recommend it - you can play 'operations', and s train USA captains.

It is a little bit better than New Mexico - has a narrower dispersion, and it comes with free camo. WORSE AA though.

I expect the Alabama to go 50% off too. Hood for me though.

I would like to second this. If you can make the slow poke early tier USN bb's work for you the Arizona and you should get along just fine @powerfullblackmr_tr

[AS13]
Players
1,085 posts
1,511 battles

The only thing with the slow BBs is when you get uptiered, and you get one of those maps with two bases, 

usually they all leave you in their dust. Then you get to do sort of 'guard duty', as you cannot keep up. 

Two things can happen:

1. Your team wins, in which case you win but you score zilch;

2. Your team gets mashed, in which case you score high as the whole other team comes to blap you.

The best way to deal with situation 2 is to hide behind a rock and shoot as many of them as you can.

Best way in situation 1 is to go the other side, you might meet a juicy cruiser. 

Sign in to follow this