7 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
130 battles

I've recently starting playing the game and have been rammed on two seperate occasions by my own team one appeared intentional one accidental, my question is why have I been given a penalty and my account restricted when I'm the one being rammed and with no direct way to contest can a mod elaborate please?

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles

If you talk about the message that pop in chat, that one can mostly be ignored if it is just ramming damage. You need to do a stupid amount of ramming damage in order to get a disciplinary penalty (as in turning pink). You don't turn pink if you only rammed a guy twice, do consistent teamdamge though and you will get punished.

As for the other penalty I assume you mean the fine in credits and XP. The other guy also gets a fine, but you don't get compensated so to speak as you used to. Mostly down to the fact that some people exploited/could exploit this. Basically you both pay a fine and no one wins.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,226 posts
5,868 battles

You didn't get a penalty or a restriction just from ramming someone. (Doing that only gives you the chat warning)

You heavily damaged or destroyed a friendly ship, which means it was well deserved

Players
2 posts
130 battles
7 minutes ago, domen3 said:

You didn't get a penalty or a restriction just from ramming someone. (Doing that only gives you the chat warning)

You heavily damaged or destroyed a friendly ship, which means it was well deserved

But that's my point I didn't otherwise I wouldn't have posted this, I've not been given a pink marker but the restrictions are to basic gameplay.

All I'm asking for is for it to at least be looked at as a possible mistake as no system is perfect.

12 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

If you talk about the message that pop in chat, that one can mostly be ignored if it is just ramming damage. You need to do a stupid amount of ramming damage in order to get a disciplinary penalty (as in turning pink). You don't turn pink if you only rammed a guy twice, do consistent teamdamge though and you will get punished.

As for the other penalty I assume you mean the fine in credits and XP. The other guy also gets a fine, but you don't get compensated so to speak as you used to. Mostly down to the fact that some people exploited/could exploit this. Basically you both pay a fine and no one wins.

Thank you that explains it quite well 

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,410 posts
25 minutes ago, Chazzyfizzle said:

All I'm asking for is for it to at least be looked at as a possible mistake as no system is perfect.

The forum is the wrong place to make such a request. Please contact support instead.

You can also be punished with restricted gameplay (co-op only) if you are leaving a battle early while still alive. The system doesn't differentiate between leaving to port or disconnects. That's because the later could be forced by the player, by shutting down the PC or disconnecting from the internet for example.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
7,080 battles
On 11.7.2018 at 2:22 PM, Chazzyfizzle said:

But that's my point I didn't otherwise I wouldn't have posted this, I've not been given a pink marker but the restrictions are to basic gameplay.

If you are restricted in your gameplay (only coop) then you did more than just getting rammed by teammates (which is also very avoidable for several battles if you steer your ship with that in mind).

Edit: especially with only 30 Battles?!?

As Egoleter said don't leave Battles early (before being sunk or the resultscreen).

[BOTES]
Community Contributor
239 posts
7,896 battles

The guide to the disciplinary system in WoWs is here: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/anti-abuse-system/

Assuming those couple of collisions are the extent of your team damage but you've got yourself banned from Random battles via orange status, then you're falling foul of the "inactivity" or "fleeing the battlefield" rules.