Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
howardxu_23

fuso tips?

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[MORSE]
Players
243 posts
601 battles

I'm doing okay so far in the fuso, just asking is there anything else that I can improve on it, since the fuso guides that I can find here are generally outdated. If needed, I can try to get a replay up here in my fuso if possible.

 

currently using main battery, damage control 1, aiming systems 1, steering gears 1(not entirely sure if I should go with damage control 2, but rudder shift has saved my stern multiple times, and making swinging out and in to show my rear guns easier and safer). captain is more towards making semi brawler-yamato(my theory is that with those 460mm guns, you should be able to lolpen most charging ships through the bow while they are unable to do the same to you, if all else fails go banzai cause derpy cheek armor) while still being usable on all of the ships without too much issues so currently it has the more catapult aircraft skill, expert marksman, basics of survival, concealment(may think about dropping it for manual secondary skill, or fire prevention), future skills are Adrenaline Rush, Superintendent(but also thinking of dropping it and going with jack of all trades/high alert, last point goes to priority target in this case), Advanced firing training.

 

*small rant about service+ammo costs*

dafuq is idea with repair cost, my mind went into full potato mode (there is a limit on how much I can focus in one battle, and going past the limit makes me go full potato) one battle and i died doing basically nothing except for blowing half of a dd hp, before with kongo i can still get away with some cash gain, now I simply lose cash, so does it mean that I must train myself to not go full potato at all just to earn cash? also I have checked the official data for the service costs and for yamato is 180 000 credits per battle, come on WG if I want to play nothing but yamato then let me do so plz. Also games I have played in the past with this system of repair costs always have issues with player retention in some way or another, both new and old, and often churn through players much faster or lose vs other games as a result due to the fact that it is harder to stockpile cash for future purchases. I mean, look at dreadnought in 2017, it has basically lost everyone when the repair costs system is added, along with several other bad decisions such as heavily increased grind(haven't visited it since then, may take a look in the future)

Whatever, those are just pixels and bunch of '1's and '0' on the screen anyway, wouldn't affect my life much. I suppose I can simply grab yamato and move on.

/rant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles

Not much to say about Fuso. Don't show side, derp ships. Don't go too close, you are no brawler, but at 10 km, you ruin cruiser's days. Lots of hp, decorative AA... Honestly, Fuso is a pretty conventional BB. At best, one can talk about getting uptiered, in which case, just keep a bit more range and try not be the first BB they can shoot at. Not 20 km range, but 15 is fine. Imo. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
6,914 posts
9,129 battles

Let me stop you early: brawling in Yamato is a no-no. As the only battleship left in the hightiers that has an exposed and reliably hittable citadel you don't want to be in ANY position where you allow an enemy the opportunity to shoot at any part of your armour that isn't angled to a degree to autobounce incoming high-caliber AP shells because if they know where to aim, if they pen you run a huge risk of getting citadeled.

 

Yamato's 460mm AP can lolpen through basically everything, but with lowered citadels everywhere you're never going to actually kill any onrushing BB before it gets around your side for that juicy multi-cit Devastating Strike driveby (unless the rushing battleship was already on very low HP to start with).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

Let me stop you early: brawling in Yamato is a no-no. As the only battleship left in the hightiers that has an exposed and reliably hittable citadel you don't want to be in ANY position where you allow an enemy the opportunity to shoot at any part of your armour that isn't angled to a degree to autobounce incoming high-caliber AP shells because if they know where to aim, if they pen you run a huge risk of getting citadeled.

Musashi and Kii do exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

Medium range is your happy place. 10-12km. Other than that it is pretty standard, you just need to be aware that you're effectively a shotgun with your bad dispersion mitigated by 12 (!) guns at t6. A lot of your individual shells will miss, but net number hits should be the same as contemporary bbs at that tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,819 battles

I only have one word of advice for you:
CAKE
(Only old forum lurkers will get this)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,361 posts
14,152 battles

You played 160 battles, you have zero battles with destroyers, you are at a too high tier imo. Take your time to learn the game at low tiers, it's not exactly easy against tier 8 and later with Amagi against tier 10. Your low hitrate with Kongo and Fuso suggests that you play at long range all the time which isn't helpful for your team. This might be the reason for the sub 50% WR with Kongo.

The higher you go the more punishing is the game play. Git gud or starve of credits. Decent players earn credits with tier 7 and 8. If you struggle at tier 6 you clearly aren't ready for this tier yet.

 

My advice: Take your time and try all ship classes, i.e. light cruiser, heavy cruiser, gunboat DD, torpedo boat DD up to tier 5. This will teach you how to play against these ships when you play your BB. Or buy premium account and premium camo for Yamato and derp with 40% winrate, it's your life.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
6,914 posts
9,129 battles
2 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Musashi and Kii do exist.

Musashi is a Yamato clone so forgive me if I didn't include her.

 

And even Kii's citadel isn't exposed enough to kill her from a normal combat range as starting point when she wants to straight up rush a Yamato, you'd have to get awfully lucky with dispersion and that's not something that anyone could dount on with any consistency enough to build a gamestyle upon.

 

Yamato is the pinnacle of bow-on tanking at ~14+ km, any closer than that is just asking for trouble and citadels into your cheek from opportunistic BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CORNG]
Players
586 posts
10,982 battles

One of few ships where i dont have concealement Captain. You are open anyway. Fireprevention instead. Manual Secs are a T7 plus Skill, not worth it in T6, not even on Bayern. Rest of your Build is ok. I use rudershift too.  You have to broadside a lot to use at least sometimes all Guns .... but you want turn in quick after to avoid Citadells. Plus you have fast reload. For this and torpedobeat ruder should be fast.   

 

First Job is to Shoot DDs ans punish broadsides.  In T8 Matches do the same. If you have to fight T8 BBs that are ankled and only for this sometimes you Need HE. 

 

Love this ship,  is a Keeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,123 posts
2,189 battles
47 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

My advice: Take your time and try all ship classes, i.e. light cruiser, heavy cruiser, gunboat DD, torpedo boat DD up to tier 5. This will teach you how to play against these ships when you play your BB. Or buy premium account and premium camo for Yamato and derp with 40% winrate, it's your life.

^This^

 

Slow down and take your time. 

 

T5 is a step change, stay at t5/6 for a bit and learn the game. 400 or 500 battles at least

 

T8 is another big step change, you need to have worked out how the game works and how to get the best from your ships before you get here, or you are in for a world of pain and anguish.

 

I'm very much a casual gamer, just over 500 random battles but many more Co-Op. and really I'm only just dipping my toes into the T8-10 meta.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,154 battles
1 hour ago, howardxu_23 said:

I'm doing okay so far in the fuso, just asking is there anything else that I can improve on it, since the fuso guides that I can find here are generally outdated.

 

The guides are not out-dated. The ship has not changed for years so there is nothing new to say, existing guides are perfectly valid. As others have said, find your mid-range sweet spot, blow stuff up, wiggle around (Sounds like you're doing that anyway). This was my first BB line too and I struggled a bit at the start with Fuso. It's actually a pretty straightforward vanilla BB yet very strong. Just practice range and positioning to maximise time on target and survivability, and the guns deliver!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Musashi is a Yamato clone so forgive me if I didn't include her.

 

And even Kii's citadel isn't exposed enough to kill her from a normal combat range as starting point when she wants to straight up rush a Yamato, you'd have to get awfully lucky with dispersion and that's not something that anyone could dount on with any consistency enough to build a gamestyle upon.

 

Yamato is the pinnacle of bow-on tanking at ~14+ km, any closer than that is just asking for trouble and citadels into your cheek from opportunistic BBs.

Don't crush my dreams of secondary Yamato. I even bought a Mikasa to train an appropriate captain...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOME]
Players
578 posts
7,635 battles

My tip: often go to the middle of the map. (At your teams side I mean, not the centre of the map) You are so slow that switching sides just takes too long. Also with Fuso's range you can cover the entire map from the middle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,992 battles
1 hour ago, howardxu_23 said:

*small rant about service+ammo costs*

dafuq is idea with repair cost, my mind went into full potato mode (there is a limit on how much I can focus in one battle, and going past the limit makes me go full potato) one battle and i died doing basically nothing except for blowing half of a dd hp, before with kongo i can still get away with some cash gain, now I simply lose cash, so does it mean that I must train myself to not go full potato at all just to earn cash? also I have checked the official data for the service costs and for yamato is 180 000 credits per battle, come on WG if I want to play nothing but yamato then let me do so plz. Also games I have played in the past with this system of repair costs always have issues with player retention in some way or another, both new and old, and often churn through players much faster or lose vs other games as a result due to the fact that it is harder to stockpile cash for future purchases. I mean, look at dreadnought in 2017, it has basically lost everyone when the repair costs system is added, along with several other bad decisions such as heavily increased grind(haven't visited it since then, may take a look in the future)

Whatever, those are just pixels and bunch of '1's and '0' on the screen anyway, wouldn't affect my life much. I suppose I can simply grab yamato and move on.

/rant

For the bolded part, yes pretty much.

 

As for the rest the fixed repair bill is to stop people from not wanting to push since they are afraid of repairs. Now repairs are fixed, so taking no damage or getting fully destroyed does not matter economy wise. And 180k for the Yamato is not so bad. In the old system a long game where you used most of your heals and got killed got you a nice ~350k repair bill. So with that in mind, fixed repairs, yes please.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OSC]
Players
2,728 posts
10,052 battles

#1  Turn your guns towards your enemy, shoot them and hope that RNG blesses you since Fuso is a shotgun.

#2  Don't show your broadside.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
782 posts
6,858 battles

Fuso is just about the most basic and average BB in the game. This is not a bad thing.

 

You're a mid-tier BB with medium speed, medium AA, medium secondaries. You should play at, you guessed it, medium range. You have lots of rifles, so you can comfortably fight both BB's and CL/CA's. Your citadel is vulnerable, but angling is effective, so you need to practice that. I.e., the classic BB play style.

The only thing not average about this ship is the height of that pagoda.

Spoiler

No1AqHyl.jpg

 

As others have noted, you've perhaps advanced quite quickly through the tiers. I might argue the Fuso is a great place to stop for a while, to practice the basics of BB play.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,587 posts
6,660 battles

She's a solid ship.  I had a good run in her.  14 battles played... won 12 and lost just 2.  I'm prepared to say there was luck involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRQ]
Players
2,680 posts
6,353 battles

Fuso is one of two ships I don't run Concealment Expert in (assuming I've got enough points). Mostly because you're still spotted from orbit (rather than the moon w/o CE), and the way I play I'm always visible anyway. However, it's probably a good thing for the average player, even if I still value Fire Prevention above that.

 

While she's not that great at brawling, getting to semi-close range is good. You've got great DPM with those guns, and at closer ranges you're going to hit more. Now, that's not to say you can't hit at long ranges (what else are you going to do while slowly sailing towards the enemy?), and the guns are far more accurate than people give them credit for, but battleships are not snipers. Most battleships, Fuso included, work best at around 8-14 km, with some variations for first and last tiers.

 

Never show a broadside, and show just enough broadside on occasion to fire all guns briefly when reloaded. Preferably while the enemy BBs are reloading. Just remember to stop turning before you get to that angle, since it takes a while for the rudder to go to neutral.

 

Pick your targets. The guns are somewhat small, but that's just a benefit against cruisers. You'll overpen less, and still have a good chance of citadels.

 

If the enemy CV is spotted, pop your scout plane and shoot. It's probably within range. :Smile_glasses:

 

10 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

She's a solid ship.  I had a good run in her.  14 battles played... won 12 and lost just 2.  I'm prepared to say there was luck involved.

Well, for win rates to be reliable, you need about 1000 matches. Good luck with that. :Smile_honoring:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORSE]
Players
243 posts
601 battles

Thanks guys for the tips :D. For those who think I fight at max range, I just take potshots at them as soon as they show up on radar(generally missing in return lol)and often thinking ships are slower/faster then they are, having RNG shitting on me constantly(every shell lands around a omaha REEEEEEE)and target’s actually having brain cells so they don’t sail in a straight line. I aim to fight in 15-16km ish areas, but if I have to brawl, then I shall brawl. 

1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

Don't crush my dreams of secondary Yamato. I even bought a Mikasa to train an appropriate captain...

It may still be the only ship with a citadel, but as I say, the more outlandish the plan, the less likely the enemy will have a clue on how to stop it. So far has worked in other games(I have managed to sneak a 2km long space battleship to the side of the team, and Kill off the entire enemy team, only because they are not expecting a 2km long spaceship to do that).

bounus points if the guy in question never expected GLORIOUS SECONDARYS mode from Yamato.

Quote

You played 160 battles, you have zero battles with destroyers,

Does playing with my brother’s destroyers count?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
527 posts
3,366 battles

It's a pretty good idea to play more destroyers, so you get a feel for when they want to launch torpedoes at you or set up an ambush around a island.

Fuso is a pretty easy ship to play with. You don't camp the map border, you ideally want 1-2 people infront or with you and you never show your broadside to anyone especially battleships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
1 hour ago, howardxu_23 said:

It may still be the only ship with a citadel, but as I say, the more outlandish the plan, the less likely the enemy will have a clue on how to stop it. So far has worked in other games(I have managed to sneak a 2km long space battleship to the side of the team, and Kill off the entire enemy team, only because they are not expecting a 2km long spaceship to do that).

bounus points if the guy in question never expected GLORIOUS SECONDARYS mode from Yamato.

Issue is, the only ships that would lose considerable hp to a secondary build are DDs. All others not so much. And once they realise it is secondary build, they just bugger off out of range and laugh at my higher than normal likelihood to catch on fire or something. It certainly is not against BBs, because the range is so bad, if you fight at your secondary range, one wrong turn and the opponent slaps you with aP in the citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
163 posts
3,494 battles

It's a mid range monster, ideally suited to rumbling in behind the cruisers and nuking enemy cruisers and DDs who try to battle them. Angling is key as it's squishy if you show side. Since you'll be nearer to the enemy (but not too near) than many other battleships, it's important to pay close attention to when you might need to retreat, if the enemy starts to come in force towards you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORSE]
Players
243 posts
601 battles
9 minutes ago, Exohoritis said:

KING FUSO MANYGUNS

More like turrets everywhere.

12guns seems to be the max limit here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
3,573 posts
7,449 battles
9 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

More like turrets everywhere.

12guns seems to be the max limit here.

 

Lyon would like to have a word, as would Atlanta... because YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH DAKKA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×