Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DangerousDave2k

Where's my Indie money?

17 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
1,503 posts
4,959 battles

She used not to be regarded as a terribly effective ship; I don't know if the buffs have changed that rep (I'm finding her less awful to play these days, but it may just be that I'm a little less inexperienced). Generally, doing lots of damage equates to healthy earnings, and Indie isn't necessarily the easiest ship to do that with (although the AP shells are glorious if they hit, and you do have radar)...

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles

It's only a T7 premium, the money is decent but not mind-blowing. It has the range and decent enough HE to just farm safe damage if earning is all you care about. Of course, you can also farm tons of damage with the AP but that requires a bit more work with positioning.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles
48 minutes ago, DangerousDave2k said:

Was hoping Indianapolis would be a good credits earner, but it doesn't seem to be. Am I missing something?

She's a decent enough of a one, if you can do well in her. Not as good as a tier 8 would be though.

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,958 posts
4,925 battles
1 hour ago, DangerousDave2k said:

Am I missing something?

Off the top of my head, performance? As in: you will need to deal more damage or play objectives, you know, the activities that reward it?

But as pointed before, shes not that big of an earner given the limited toolkit and the MM woes that follow her.

Players
160 posts
3,401 battles
10 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Off the top of my head, performance? As in: you will need to deal more damage or play objectives, you know, the activities that reward it?

But as pointed before, shes not that big of an earner given the limited toolkit and the MM woes that follow her.

You don't say? I thought you got rewarded for doing badly.

My point is that it doesn't seem very rewarding per performance.

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles
10 hours ago, Juanx said:

What MM woes? Top tier most of the time against masses of fresh cruiser players grinding new lines? Oh no, better not load AP in case I get reported for cheating.

9 hours ago, DangerousDave2k said:

Earnings are similar to other T7 premiums for me. As I said, T7 premiums are good but they don't print credits like T8/9.

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,958 posts
4,925 battles
35 minutes ago, VC381 said:

What MM woes? Top tier most of the time against masses of fresh cruiser players grinding new lines? Oh no, better not load AP in case I get reported for cheating.

Earnings are similar to other T7 premiums for me. As I said, T7 premiums are good but they don't print credits like T8/9.

Odd, usually goes to the T9 matches, but hey, what do I know.

[POI--]
Players
3,150 posts
4,302 battles
11 hours ago, DangerousDave2k said:

Almost no premium ship prints credits without some serious investment and decent games.

For comparison, with a T8, I get maybe 100k on a mediocre match, up to 400k on a good to great match. I can approach the million only if I equip camo, signal and premium time (which is why I typically start grinding credits during the 1 day premiums we get as reward every now and then and save flags/camos for that), but that's a lot of extra factors. For T7, the Indianapolis is likely not ever going to print credits without investment, especially, because it is a bit mediocre ship (not like, for example T7 BBs, which typically are far easier to do decent in).

Beta Tester
1,347 posts

Indi is just bad. No torps, armour only in some places (citadel: 100mm sides & 51mm front/back, compare to Helena & Cleveland with 5" all round), large profile (=HE magnet), AP and HE have different velocities (so her good part, guns, are harder to use) and a somewhat long reload for tier and calibre. Health is low. Concealment and manoeuvrability are just normal. Radar is pointless given the guns and preferably long engagement ranges.

It might just be me (Atlanta and Perth are my kind of cruiser), but overall I count far more negatives than positives, and the only real positive (guns) comes with caveats. Difficulty in both doing and avoiding damage means less credits.

On 11/07/2018 at 9:39 AM, Juanx said:

Odd, usually goes to the T9 matches, but hey, what do I know.

T9 matches are the rarest in the game.

[POI--]
Players
3,150 posts
4,302 battles
26 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

Indi is just bad. No torps, armour only in some places (citadel: 100mm sides & 51mm front/back, compare to Helena & Cleveland with 5" all round), large profile (=HE magnet), AP and HE have different velocities (so her good part, guns, are harder to use) and a somewhat long reload for tier and calibre. Health is low. Concealment and manoeuvrability are just normal. Radar is pointless given the guns and preferably long engagement ranges.

It might just be me (Atlanta and Perth are my kind of cruiser), but overall I count far more negatives than positives, and the only real positive (guns) comes with caveats. Difficulty in both doing and avoiding damage means less credits.

It's kinda okish. Nothing exciting. Torps are sorely missed, but I find for the most part, it's not that terrible. Vs Atlanta, Atlanta has the torp option and a playstyle making the radar more useful, but Indianapolis is a more casual option, requiring far less captain skills to be good and hanging back, it also is somewhat easier to play decently well. Range is pretty ok too.

Players
198 posts
6,298 battles
31 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

T9 matches are the rarest in the game.

Nonsense, Indy is pretty agile, 9.1km concealment is pretty decent and lets you make good use of her radar, you can support your own DDs in killing the enemy DDs early game, your HE sh!ts on DDs, your AP sh!ts on cruisers up to T9, her main problem is , as of late, being matched pretty much exclusively in T9 games and you become a primary target for everyone when spotted due to being so squishy.

She's a hard ship to play.

Beta Tester
1,347 posts
12 minutes ago, KHETTIFER said:

Nonsense, Indy is pretty agile, 9.1km concealment is pretty decent and lets you make good use of her radar, you can support your own DDs in killing the enemy DDs early game, your HE sh!ts on DDs, your AP sh!ts on cruisers up to T9, her main problem is , as of late, being matched pretty much exclusively in T9 games and you become a primary target for everyone when spotted due to being so squishy.

She's a hard ship to play.

Indi's conealment cap is 10.8km. IJN drop much better HE dumps; USN HE is normal. I have reason (WOT stats) to believe that T9 games are the least common in the T5–10 range.

Players
198 posts
6,298 battles
19 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

Indi's conealment cap is 10.8km. IJN drop much better HE dumps; USN HE is normal. I have reason (WOT stats) to believe that T9 games are the least common in the T5–10 range.

Yep your right, must of been thinking of a different ship for some reason, just played the Indy and noticed my mistake, i rarely get anything below T9 in mine but when i do, especially if your top tier she's a delight to play.

[POI--]
Players
3,150 posts
4,302 battles

Honestly, while the lack of torps is annoying, the only thing I truely hate about this ship is other people's reactions to it. I can top the scoreboard with this ship, yet during battle people will spam the chat about how useless Indy is fighting in the back and not up front. Best one was people complaining about the Indianapolis "camping behind an island" after I got reduced to 4k hp and the only remaining enemy ships were a Bismarck, Tirpitz and Massachusetts and was spamming AP at their broadsides.

Just because it has radar does not mean it is not just a thin-skinned heavy cruiser.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles

Indianapolis suffers from classic jack-of-all-trades-itis. People pick one aspect at a time, compare each one against another ship that does that one thing better, and conclude it sucks. They don't have the patience to play the ship as it requires you to accept you won't be the best at anything, but by choosing and constantly adapting your role you can be a really versatile contribution to the team. Also AP and radar.

Sign in to follow this